The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Less dreaming, more doing.

HR03

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 13, 2012
Hi everyone, I've been a machine operator for the last ten years. Decent paying union job, and the security is good! The last five years I've been asking myself, what am I doing? What am I going to do with my life? I know that this isn't what I want to do for the rest of my working career! I still have 25 years left, assuming I want to retire early at 55. I wouldn't be able to if I stay where I am now.

So what's holding me back? I really don't know, maybe fear. Fear of loosing the the investments I worked so hard for the last ten years! Now that I have two young babies under the age of a year and a half, it's getting hard financially and harder to make the decision to leave.

I just started reading this forum and it made me realize a few things. I need to change who I am, as a person! I don't even know WHO I am, and I'm almost thirty years old. Stuck in the same routine for so long, and life is passing me by! I just need to bite fear in the a$$ and say f... You fear! And dive right in!

Hopefully this forum will continue to drive me forward and give me more inspiration! Thank you all for the posts!

Cheers Danny!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
Jim Rohn talked a lot about working on your living at work and then in the off time working on your fortune and working on your fortune until you don't have to work for your living any more. Just something to think about.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Family, 9-5 job and small children to raise. Tough to find time to do anything else, but if you really have the drive to change then you'll find the time. It is important to have the partner supporting your decisions - it smoothes the ride by at least 50%.

McWonderful

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Feb 15, 2012
I'm new to the forums as well and I have to say that if you want more inspiration then definitely read the book! I'm not exactly in the same position as yourself but I definitely got a lot on my plate as well. I'm hoping that if I can find the right balance with my entrepreneur ideas and everything else, then ill be able to make a good transition to a new and rewarding lifestyle. This forum seems to have a good sense of community and a lot of inspiration is floating around as well. Good to meet you though and hope you achieve your new found goals!

Mc

Noel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 6, 2012
At least you have actually asked that question now! Can you imagine another ten or twenty years passing. Yes it's tough but ACT now and it's going to make a huge difference. Fear is a great debilitator. But fear of what exactly? Change? Finding out who you are? Trust me it's the best thing Ever!!! Good Luck all of you ;)

lookingahead

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Nov 21, 2010
I work two jobs, go to school full time (21 hours a semester) I keep a 4.0 GPA and i'm in band as well as ultimate frisbee. yes I agree it's EXTREMELY tough finding time to work on your business. Think of it this way...find the time now and have the world of time later to spend with your family. There is time in the day for your to study/read/learn/work on it etc. just gotta get creative. I cut out all TV and most internet now to learn HTML/CSS and working on javascript now so I can start my business.

It IS possible, nothing in the word is not possible.

moneymaker

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jan 5, 2012
Winnipeg
The last five years I've been asking myself, what am I doing? What am I going to do with my life? I know that this isn't what I want to do for the rest of my working career! I still have 25 years left, assuming I want to retire early at 55. I wouldn't be able to if I stay where I am now.

Ya I know the feeling. I'm 30 and fortunately not working a real 9 - 5 career job, but that is because i'm purposely avoiding it and working more seasonally and on a flexible schedule. Still a JOB though, so really looking for that Fastlane opportunity, but it is difficult to take action I agree. I've been doing a lot of reading of inspirational entrepreneurial stuff though and I'm pretty confident now.

HR03

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 13, 2012
Thank you everyone for the feed back and encouragement!

I know there are a lot of people in the same boat as me. We're all dealt the same hand "our life", it's what we choose to do with it is up to you.

For me, I choose to change! This will be the hardest thing for me, as it goes back to my roots and how I was raised! Everything is starting to come clear and make sense, I'm heading down the same road as my dad. I can't let that happen, but how do you rewire your brain. It seems like an easy thing to do when you put everything into perspective, but for some reason it's not for me.

Anyways, I bought MJ's book, Let's start there! Any other life changing books out there would be appreciated!

Thanks!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
We're all dealt the same hand "our life", it's what we choose to do with it is up to you.

The problem is that we are all ALSO dealt the same default answer ... go to school, get a job, blah blah...

Welcome to the forums.

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
I'm heading down the same road as my dad. I can't let that happen, but how do you rewire your brain.

Listen to and follow your heart and your gut, and take action. Those around you may be vehemently nonsupportive both implicitly and explicitly by saying things all the time that completely go against the nature of someone who has created or is in the process of creating massive value in the world: The solution to this is to Constantly release and love 24/7 - have never-ending empathy for the fact that they lack understanding and for the fact that they may permanently possess envy or some of the other nonsupportive emotions. Just think of how foolish it is that others would bash the act of helping people on a massive scale and the rewards that come with it. Always follow your intuition - you are on the right path and it takes brass balls to stay on it.

McWonderful

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Feb 15, 2012
Well I have obtained a domain and a website host and I am hoping to put my idea to the test. I know a thing or two about computers and programming but I've got a long way to go! My idea is simple but big, and I fully believe it has true potential! I'm an optimist only because of the fact that "optimists make history, not pessimists." -Michio Kaku

On a side note, I have ideas for inventions that are completely unrelated to my web-business goals. Just need to get the time and motivation to get those off the ground as well! (it will happen in the near future, must get through this semester first, however). Looking forward to hear about your steps in the near future as well!

-Justin

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...