Hi, Fastlaners,
My best friend called The Millionaire Fastlane a "scam".... of course, he didn't read the book. (And entrepreneurship is far from a scam obviously.)
I've been friends with him for 4 years and I spend about 3 hours a week talking to him at least. He is full of negative ideas like he's a victim, he's unlucky, etc.
Of course, he doesn't do anything to change that.
I just decided that I was tired of his negative dump week after week. I've listened to him for four years and he has been saying the same thing all that time. Naturally, he is free to choose his life path........ but I just don't want to listen to that negativity anymore.
So I cut all contact with him. It's harsh because someone with his negative mindset needs all the support they can get, but he doesn't want to change anything..... and I don't want to listen to that victim mentality.
I feel guilty for dumping his friendship, but I don't want to throw a pity party anymore.
Have any of you done the same? What are your thoughts on the situation?
My best friend called The Millionaire Fastlane a "scam".... of course, he didn't read the book. (And entrepreneurship is far from a scam obviously.)
I've been friends with him for 4 years and I spend about 3 hours a week talking to him at least. He is full of negative ideas like he's a victim, he's unlucky, etc.
Of course, he doesn't do anything to change that.
I just decided that I was tired of his negative dump week after week. I've listened to him for four years and he has been saying the same thing all that time. Naturally, he is free to choose his life path........ but I just don't want to listen to that negativity anymore.
So I cut all contact with him. It's harsh because someone with his negative mindset needs all the support they can get, but he doesn't want to change anything..... and I don't want to listen to that victim mentality.
I feel guilty for dumping his friendship, but I don't want to throw a pity party anymore.
Have any of you done the same? What are your thoughts on the situation?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
