The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning Mandarin Chinese

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Hello y'all

I never, ever say that, but this place just makes me feel friendly. I've decided it would be very beneficial to learn to speak Mandarin Chinese, not only for connecting better with Chinese manufacturers but also to get better acquainted with the Chinese stock market. I'm wondering if anybody here has pursued this, and if those people may be able to help point me in the right direction when it comes to the better resources they may have encountered?

Also, I've chosen Mandarin because it seems to be the more popular language, but if anybody has any thoughts as to why it may be better to learn Cantonese instead I would be interested in hearing them.

I'm not going to be pursuing this full-time, probably 30 minutes or so every night before bed - with where I am in my FASTLANE journey it isn't immediately relevant, although I expect it could be within a year from now and I would like to begin preparations.

Adieu.

P.S. This is completely off topic but I'm halfway through my third bottle of carbonated mineral water tonight and if anybody else is trying to kick sugary drinks/alcohol - this is the way to go (I drink naturally lemon-flavored Perrier, and I can't get enough). Apparently there are many health benefits as well.
Why don't you just find 2 translators that are cheap and well-rated on upwork?
You could use them both for everything, and then when there is a discrepancy, fire the one in the wrong.
Once you tested them, you could throw some posts up on this process or do a video on Youtube about the process.
Set up a page as a branded page around the idea - like "talking to china" or whatever and share this to some groups that you are probably a member of on doing amazon stuff with 12 million members.
Get commentors excited about the vid and engage them. They will start liking the page.
This is when you roll into offering them the service directly as an alternative to learning it from you. You give them the chance to cash out the value equity you have built, they will. You keep making the videos, and people love them, but most people don't want to do something if they don't have to.
If you did this, you could be everything that this forum is about.
I'd rather hear about you doing this than learning Chinese.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.