The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning language based podcasts or how to increase your vocabulary

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Diego M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 8, 2016
I’ve just finished Reading The Fastlane and I can’t thank enough to MJ DeMarco for his work. I’m totally a begginer but with loats of energy and time to start my way to seek financial freedom and start to road my fastlane!

A bit of my story.

As an online spanish teacher, I’ve given +1300 hours online and I’ve seen students that I can categorize in three type of learners: Course book learners, conversational learners, and self-study learners.

One thing that I notice among these types of learners is the lack of ability to learn and integrate new vocabulary in their speaking skill. I’ve come across this myself with English and French. So I researched and took advantage of my university education in Psychology to find out what causes this problem.

I basically found that the problem is setting the context for these Word to make sense and not just isolated words. I just needed to find a way to transmit this to my students: the way to do it. I think a found a not-so used, yet straightforward way to approach this problem. Actively listening.

My progress:

-I’ve just started to make a YT Channel intended for spanish learners in which I show and set in context words. Each video contains at least 10 words to learn. I also posted my opinions in learning online in Reddit.

My goals (as for now):

-Make passive income from Youtube.

-Trial and error. Making test with what’s the best approach to teach this vocabulary only focusing on listening. Then start creating podcast with this method.

-Creating a language learning based podcast that will help learners not only for spanish but for any language in the world. (Make a website for this)

If you have any feedback, opinion, advice, read of ANY kind. Please do not hesitate to tell me. Thanks for reading my thread fastlaners.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Hello @Diego M and welcome to the forum. I am a French teacher by trade.
Have you thought about creating an Udemy course ?

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
I’ve just finished Reading The Fastlane and I can’t thank enough to MJ DeMarco for his work. I’m totally a begginer but with loats of energy and time to start my way to seek financial freedom and start to road my fastlane!

A bit of my story.

As an online spanish teacher, I’ve given +1300 hours online and I’ve seen students that I can categorize in three type of learners: Course book learners, conversational learners, and self-study learners.

One thing that I notice among these types of learners is the lack of ability to learn and integrate new vocabulary in their speaking skill. I’ve come across this myself with English and French. So I researched and took advantage of my university education in Psychology to find out what causes this problem.

I basically found that the problem is setting the context for these Word to make sense and not just isolated words. I just needed to find a way to transmit this to my students: the way to do it. I think a found a not-so used, yet straightforward way to approach this problem. Actively listening.

My progress:

-I’ve just started to make a YT Channel intended for spanish learners in which I show and set in context words. Each video contains at least 10 words to learn. I also posted my opinions in learning online in Reddit.

My goals (as for now):

-Make passive income from Youtube.

-Trial and error. Making test with what’s the best approach to teach this vocabulary only focusing on listening. Then start creating podcast with this method.

-Creating a language learning based podcast that will help learners not only for spanish but for any language in the world. (Make a website for this)

If you have any feedback, opinion, advice, read of ANY kind. Please do not hesitate to tell me. Thanks for reading my thread fastlaners.

i just figure out few weeks ago that im entitled to spanish citizen and passport. i need to control the language on at least level A-2, and im limited in time. im a self-learner currently learning the basics from doulingo, and i will be glad to check out your courses!

Last edited:

Diego M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 8, 2016
Hello @Diego M and welcome to the forum. I am a French teacher by trade.
Have you thought about creating an Udemy course ?

Hello @Bila, although that sounds awesome I haven't thought in a course because it's not what I meant to do. My intention is just to focus on vocabulary teaching via listening to podcasts. However this podcasts will have some subtitles (as yabla.com) that can help students in two ways (by giving a definition in their target language or a translation to their mother tongue). I don't know if there's something like that already though...

i just figure out few weeks ago that im entitled to spanish citizen and passport. i need to control the language on at least level A-2, and im limited in time. im a self-learner currently learning the basics from doulingo, and i will be glad to check out your courses!

Thanks for the support @hatzil. You can check what I'm currently doing in this link. Please if you have any advice or feedback
I'd love to read it.

UPDATE

Now:

-I decided to upload at least 1 video each 4/5 days.
-Bought everything needed to start podcasting.

Plans:

-Currently I have just 17 followers. Increase to at least 50 this week.
-Creating a website for my podcasts
-Start gathering e-mail adresses through my chanel in YT.

Thanks for reading fastlaners.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Diego M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 8, 2016
Update:

- Just got 27 suscribers. Didn't do any marketing strategy.
-created fb page and Twitter
-purchased webpage and working in the homepage
-paid someone to develop a media player that accepts subtitles

What I learned:

-The approach of the videos seems to be effective and at the same time enjoyable. Received 5 positive feedbacks so far.
-I don't know anything about Wordpress
-I need knowledge of copywriting

Current goals:

-Copywriting. Read 2 books on the topic and mostly start WRITING.
-Write a post with tips for online students viewed from the perspective of an experienced teacher.
-Record first podcast (15 minutes long)
-By the end of the week get 500 viewrs and potential customers.

My YT channel is: Mextalki. Same name on fb and Twitter.

Any advice, suggestion or feedback will be greatly appreciate. Thanks for reading fastlaners!

Diego M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 8, 2016
Update:
- 65 suscribers. Posted in reddit and got 40 in one day. 650 views
-created webpage and launched: www.mextalki.com
-upload a full video into the site and in youtube half video so I can attract audience

What I learned:

-The approach of the videos seems to be effective and at the same time enjoyable. Received 9 positive feedbacks so far.
-How to manage Wordpress with woocommerce
-Currently reading "How to influence people and win friends" for content creating purposes
-Read 1 book about copywriting

Current goals:

-Copywriting. Read 2 more books on the topic and keep WRITING.
-upload 5 new full videos in my site and start monetizing using adsense
-By the end of the week get 800 viewers and potential customers.

Any advice, suggestion or feedback will be greatly appreciate. Thanks for reading fastlaners!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.