The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning code & become a developer

Dieriba

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys,

I’m actually looking for an idea and during my visite on web I’ve saw a lot of websites well-known in my country really in bad shape and I was like someone should make these website up to date, and then boom I was like good idea and so I want to ask you what’s the best way to become an expert code not just learning basic but really become an expert code and after that the best way to learn to develop program ? ( I’m the type of guy who learn fast)
I’m not asking you for a miracle question just for those who have experience how much time did it take you ? Is it worth it now or should i get the job outsourced ?
Thanks for reading

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BelgianDude

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 6, 2019
Take a course to learn the very basics and then get your hands dirty. The best way to learn is practice, practice and more practice.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
To become an expert/top of the line developer will take years, 5+ years of hard work/solving progamming problems will get you there, if you have natural aptitude you may be able to shave the time down , but there is no shortcut to experience and exposure to the different problems, to become an expert you will have to become obssessed. I'm a pretty gifted natural/genetics programmer and a crazy hard worker and it still took me years to become a rockstar programmer.

The incoming driven college grads out of college with programming degrees/experience are on average taking 3 years before they can truly contribute in a meaningful manner to truly important software projects.

If you are interested in this from a business angle I would ditch the expert developer goal and shoot for an understanding of software development and some programming to achieve an MVP and then outsourcing the work.

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
Hey guys,

I’m actually looking for an idea and during my visite on web I’ve saw a lot of websites well-known in my country really in bad shape and I was like someone should make these website up to date, and then boom I was like good idea and so I want to ask you what’s the best way to become an expert code not just learning basic but really become an expert code and after that the best way to learn to develop program ? ( I’m the type of guy who learn fast)
I’m not asking you for a miracle question just for those who have experience how much time did it take you ? Is it worth it now or should i get the job outsourced ?
Thanks for reading

I self-taught both front and backend web development and in my experience the best method to learn fast is to get the basics through online resources (IE code academy, youtube, and courses). Get HTML, CSS, and Javascript down, in that order most likely. Then start creating. Copy people. Mimic the ones that do it right. Be hungry for the information and just keep at it. Find where you want to focus your skills and dive deep. Want to make pretty websites? Focus on the front end. Want to end up making software or functionality based webpages? Backend is more your focus in that case.

It won't take as long as you might think to get going, mastering it isn't as easy, but don't let that discourage you. You can produce usable content within a year or even a few months depending on your aptitude and commitment to the process.

It's a great field, F*ck loads of opportunities to be had. Good luck!

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I would highly recommend you follow the curriculum at Welcome to learn.freeCodeCamp!
Their courses start at the basics, but quickly escalate to complete projects. You'll learn web development with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, JQuery and other JS libraries. There's thousands of hours of content segmented in five minutes exercises.

upload_2019-5-7_9-17-24.png

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I self taught myself.. photoshop > html templates > html > css > ruby on rails

For me.. MAKE SOMETHING has worked the best. Meaning I skipped courses and went straight to it. Download any html website template, upload it to a server, and start trying to change the words/images/etc into an actual working website.

Anything you have questions about, hit YouTube and StackOverflow.

Once you got html/css down.. then start trying to make things WORK with saving/rendering data from databases on your website.

Good luck!

hydemx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 20, 2018
Learning is an ongoing effort, a process, that you need to keep fresh in order to become better. It's like every thing else in this world. If you're new, follow the ABC rule (Always Be Coding), works wonders. The more you code, the better you get at it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.