The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learn PHP

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
Can someone point me in the right direction to learn some php mainly to get the data from a html form

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thefastroad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 11, 2017
Norway

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
I will start here thank you

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018

Requix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
May 2, 2016
Norway
Thank you for responding one question I have is ….. what should I look for specifically in the php file? also I did make the website with a html template if it makes a difference. Here is a link to the website if you want to take a look Earlies Property Maintenance | Premier Residential & Commercial Sprinkler Installs in South Florida
Ok, so you need this for the contact us form on the page right?
What do you want the form to do? Save the information entered into a database or send you the information in a email?

There is no problem using a html template since the php file will only handle the form information.
Are you sure your webserver can handle .php files? If so what is currently in this file: "include/contact-form.php " ?

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
Ok, so you need this for the contact us form on the page right?
What do you want the form to do? Save the information entered into a database or send you the information in a email?

There is no problem using a html template since the php file will only handle the form information.
Are you sure your webserver can handle .php files? If so what is currently in this file: "include/contact-form.php " ?
I want the form send the information in a email and what is in the contact-form.php is the original php code that the came with the template. Again thank you for your help

Requix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
May 2, 2016
Norway
I want the form send the information in a email and what is in the contact-form.php is the original php code that the came with the template. Again thank you for your help

Ok great, have you had any experience with PHP at all?
I will eventually need to see the code snippet from the php template file. Ofcourse hide any passwords if there is any.

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
Ok great, have you had any experience with PHP at all?
I will eventually need to see the code snippet from the php template file. Ofcourse hide any passwords if there is any.
I have almost no experience with php although I have been learning a little over the past few days while over coming this problem

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
What is your problem though and where do you encounter it? Do you have an error being raised on the console?
Hard to see from your code where you are going wrong.

I am in no way an expert but one thing that could be an easy fix is your footer code or the file where the HTML for the contact box is stored. If you are linking the contact us field to the footer file you need to write PHP on both. Therefore make sure that footer is footer.php and not footer.html and any PHP that is written on that page is surrounded by <?php ... ?>

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
What is your problem though and where do you encounter it? Do you have an error being raised on the console?
Hard to see from your code where you are going wrong.

I am in no way an expert but one thing that could be an easy fix is your footer code or the file where the HTML for the contact box is stored. If you are linking the contact us field to the footer file you need to write PHP on both. Therefore make sure that footer is footer.php and not footer.html and any PHP that is written on that page is surrounded by <?php ... ?>
Thanks for your tip, I understand what you are saying now that you have pointed me in right direction I will find out what php code I have to put in the footer to make it work

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
Just to be sure, have you configured the section where you put in the hostname, username and password etc.. in the real file?
That must be the problem then. I will configure the section and let you know.

Thank you,

Requix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
May 2, 2016
Norway
Filled in the section and got a error of SMTP connect() failed. PHPMailer/PHPMailer going to read on how to overcome this at the link
Good progress.
Make sure that you enable and configure all of the $mail-> variables.
Also find out if the mailserver uses "TLS" or "SSL" protocol. The port can vary depending on this setting.

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Filled in the section and got a error of SMTP connect() failed. PHPMailer/PHPMailer going to read on how to overcome this at the link

Hey have a look on YouTube "mmtuts" he does great tutorials on php. He also made an tutorial about sending emails through php.
I have some experience with php so if you need any help just pm me.

Right now I'm working on the front-end of my site. Did you code your website yourself or did you hire someone?

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
Hey have a look on YouTube "mmtuts" he does great tutorials on php. He also made an tutorial about sending emails through php.
I have some experience with php so if you need any help just pm me.

Right now I'm working on the front-end of my site. Did you code your website yourself or did you hire someone?
Thanks for your help I take a look at the youtube channel and I built the website using html templates.

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
Good progress.
Make sure that you enable and configure all of the $mail-> variables.
Also find out if the mailserver uses "TLS" or "SSL" protocol. The port can vary depending on this setting.
configured the variables and now there is a new error message I feel as though I am getting closer to getting this to work so I do want to thank everyone for there help also if there is anything I can do for you in return feel free to ask. Here is the error message 28072

Requix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
May 2, 2016
Norway
configured the variables and now there is a new error message I feel as though I am getting closer to getting this to work so I do want to thank everyone for there help also if there is anything I can do for you in return feel free to ask. Here is the error message View attachment 28072
It looks like the error is caused by validation error at your exchange server. If you use dreamhost as your mail server make sure the hostname is smtp.dreamhost.com
All of this info is found in this article:

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
It looks like the error is caused by validation error at your exchange server. If you use dreamhost as your mail server make sure the hostname is smtp.dreamhost.com
All of this info is found in this article:
Still getting the error code despite reading through multiple articles and following the steps take a look at the code to see if you can find any errors again thank you your help

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    423 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    385.4 KB · Views: 3

Requix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
May 2, 2016
Norway
Still getting the error code despite reading through multiple articles and following the steps take a look at the code to see if you can find any errors again thank you your help
Hmm before we look more into this, try to change to this values:
PHP:
$mail->SMTPSecure = "ssl";
$mail->Port = 465;

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
Hmm before we look more into this, try to change to this values:
PHP:
$mail->SMTPSecure = "ssl";
$mail->Port = 465;
did not work got the same error

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
did not work got the same error
What is happening is that the email will only send if the email entered into the form is an email with the domain name does anyone how to overcome this issue.

For example when I enter the email into the form repair@earliespropertymaintenance.com - success :thumbsup:

for any other email I get a error code of: SMTP Error: data not accepted.SMTP server error: DATA END command failed Detail: Sender domain not allowed. Please read: Sender domain policy FAQs D156 SMTP code: 550 Additional SMTP info: 5.7.1

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
Great work! What was wrong?
Figured it out by reading through the articles and error messages, I was able to locate and set the FROM email address in the php code which is what the error message was referring to. It was quite a journey and took longer than I would have liked also now I can read a little php because of the of all the research I had to do. I really appreciate your help @Requix

Requix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
May 2, 2016
Norway
Figured it out by reading through the articles and error messages, I was able to locate and set the FROM email address in the php code which is what the error message was referring to. It was quite a journey and took longer than I would have liked also now I can read a little php because of the of all the research I had to do. I really appreciate your help @Requix
Good job :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.