The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learn another language!

Idea threads
A

Anon3587x

How many different languages do you know?

I'm so excited to continue my study of Spanish and eventually move on to the other languages I want to learn. My definition of what is possible just broadens every day.

Adios amigos!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Ynot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 14, 2010
In addition to English, I also speak Russian. I want to learn Chinese and Italian.

D

DeletedUser394

I can speak fluent english and french. I live in a french city and went to french school for 11+ years xD

I speak intermediate spanish. That's my major in college.

I speak basic slovak (my nationality)

I want to learn Thai, brazilian portuguese, and Japanese, as I plan to live in those places.

It's cool to learn a new language, as you suddenly are able to communicate with a whole new group of people/culture.

A

Anon3587x

About how long did it take you 2 to fluently speak/write/understand the new languages at normal talking speed?

I'm tempted to learn latin first because I hear it makes learning any other latin based language a breeze.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

For french I have no idea...I think I was 5 or 6 years old at the time that I entered school haha

For spanish. Reading/Writing comprehension..about a month . Understanding spoken word.. three months around. Being able to easily use sentences in conversation without thinking about it too much..6 months at least if not more. A typical spanish native speaker is incredibly hard to understand. The first thing I had to learn was "Mas despacio por favor!" haha

If you have any interest to learn french that would be a great choice. It's a beautiful language (albeit challenging at times, and you will basically already be able to understand spanish without even studying it :)

There are many similar words in english and french. If you speak french, spanish becomes incredibly easy. (I was able to read and understand spanish before ever having even learned a word of it)

Best of luck!

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Intermediate Russian and Intermediate Spanish

exon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2009
Croatia
I can speak fluent english and german but I can't write well both of them, so that is my goal. And of course croatian. Also want to learn italian and french.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
English is my first language. I can understand most of what is being said in Spanish, but have a difficult time speaking it fluently. I'd also like to learn Tagalog since I am 3/4 Filipino and will be in the Philippines for business before the end of this year. I'm excited for it!

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Keeping it real...my english teachers would cringe at some of my run on sentences! :) Many countries find it an asset to learn English to allow their businesses to make more money...I am sure it goes both ways but I think I will stick with English but I will def have my products translated to other languages for their convenience.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
Learning Korean now, but making pretty slow progress.
Super easy to read, but hard to learn conversation as an english speaker.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.