I've been thinking about the idea of having a lead generation site built while simultaneously reading "The Long Tail" (I'll write a book review later). I've realized that creating a new and unique idea for this type of business is difficult and that I'm not quite sure I could offer more than the existing competition. This left me stuck and a bit disappointed.
"The Long Tail" showed me that the market for small niche things in itself creates one big market. This got me thinking: what if I had a web developer build a site that offered nearly every type of business in my area (my county has 300,000 residents) the chance to buy leads. I could sell leads to everyone such as real estate agents, lawyers, accountants, doctors, entertainers and others. My biggest competition would be the yellow pages because as far as my knowledge there's nothing like this in my area. My hurdle would be driving traffic to the site which I could do by clever guerilla marketing strategies.
I realize that creating this type of business is not as fastlane as others because it restricts me to my county. But it seems that the main benefit I've developed is the convenience for consumers to inquire about services in a given area while offering businesses the opportunity for performance based marketing.
What do you think?
"The Long Tail" showed me that the market for small niche things in itself creates one big market. This got me thinking: what if I had a web developer build a site that offered nearly every type of business in my area (my county has 300,000 residents) the chance to buy leads. I could sell leads to everyone such as real estate agents, lawyers, accountants, doctors, entertainers and others. My biggest competition would be the yellow pages because as far as my knowledge there's nothing like this in my area. My hurdle would be driving traffic to the site which I could do by clever guerilla marketing strategies.
I realize that creating this type of business is not as fastlane as others because it restricts me to my county. But it seems that the main benefit I've developed is the convenience for consumers to inquire about services in a given area while offering businesses the opportunity for performance based marketing.
What do you think?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
