The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

launched a business, right move?

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
So i was tired of reading and thought lets just take action. Made my own product and started selling on etsy and markets. So far etsy has been hard but been selling good locally.

Will this make me rich? Nope, will i learn stuff? Prob. But is this the right way to go? My plan was to just launch anything to learn stuff and take it from there. Even if it fails.

Now im having second thoughts, still i dont wanna jump from thing to thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AntEmpire

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 4, 2015
You started. That's half the battle won. I say continue what you're doing, learning all you can about entrepreneurship along the way, but spend some serious time thinking about your next move. When you get a good idea that seems scalable and profitable, put the etsy thing aside and go for it. You can always come back to your etsy gig later if things don't work out. I often sold on eBay between businesses.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
thanks! Im thinking that if i premote more and start selling more. I can launch my own e-commerce and from there take in more and more products, and after a while have a e-commerce selling more stuff than only my own products

Daniel M.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 9, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
I'm the kind of person who thinks that taking action is much more important and efficient then studying the theory part.
I think you did the right thing. In the worst case you will learn a lot, so keep up and good luck !

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Nice work getting the ball rolling! Rep $ sent.

I take my endeavors to the bitter or sweet end :) Push it till' you break it. At that point I either fix it again (pivot) or dump it and start a new business with the knowledge gained.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
Nice work getting the ball rolling! Rep $ sent.

I take my endeavors to the bitter or sweet end :) Push it till' you break it. At that point I either fix it again (pivot) or dump it and start a new business with the knowledge gained.

Yes i guess its better to push it. I think its my old habits telling me its easier to jump from idea to idea so i dont have to step outside my comfort zone.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
So i was tired of reading and thought lets just take action. Made my own product and started selling on etsy and markets. So far etsy has been hard but been selling good locally.

Will this make me rich? Nope, will i learn stuff? Prob. But is this the right way to go? My plan was to just launch anything to learn stuff and take it from there. Even if it fails.

Yeah bro, stick with it. You've actually started the business, so honour the commitment.

Damage Inc.

There's no return from 86
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
I also vote to keep at it. Just keep your eyes and mind open for opportunities and paths within your field, and play on your strengths. You may come across an idea for a new product based on customer requests, an add on service, or an indirect competitor who is doing something poorly that you could improve upon. One of my biggest sources of revenue right now is from something that I wasn't originally involved in when I started my company, but it fit in with my existing infrastructure and I gave it a shot.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Awesome man. Definitely the right move.

Start. Learn. Fail. Try again. And ultimately you will succeed.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
thanks guys for the support! I will go for it, i need to prepare for moments worse than this and that i cant just think of backing out.

Matter of fact is just had my first order from outside my own country!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.