The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launch Party Ideas? Do's and Don't?

Idea threads

iggy05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 29, 2011
Hey guys, I come here for help. Does anyone here have any experience in throwing a business launch party? A couple of my freinds and I just started a business. In short, we will be an entertainment and promotion company. Specializing in a certain type of genre of music and selling merchandise to go along with it. The hype and build up is already there and we have slowly been getting the name out there. Here are my questions. I am somewhat in charge of the launch party. I found a great venue that fits close to 200 people in an open space. Their policy is a BYOB policy so we can label the event as an open bar event. The questiion is, would it be ok to charge for a business launch party? The price would be probably $50. This would include an open bar and live DJ. It would most likely be a weekend night. I have a few other questions as well but that is the most importnat one. Any help and other tips and tricks would be greatley appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Toao

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Nov 29, 2012
Germany - close to Europe
I organized a few of those parties or was part of the organization. The range was from teenager party folks to high society business folks.

It always depend on your attendees. If you want to get as many people as possible there it should be free to make it as easy as it can be for people to attend. If you want to avoid a certain kind of people make it as expensive as possible ;-)

Try to look at it from a different angle: Who is your target crowd ? Would they be willing to pay ? Would they attend if they have to pay ? Would they prefer to pay to make sure there is no crap crowd (like I would do from time to time) ?

There is no generic answer on your question as it depends. I would need more information about the wanted attendees, your aims for the launch party and maybe the business to figure out if what you plan is right. You have to choose music, food ambient etc. so that it fits your guests not you, as you would be the most insignificant person for measurement in this case (sad but true).

One hint: Make sure you get a professional photograph who takes pictures of your guests. You always can use them as a gift or a reason to go to a special person you want to get in touch with by bringing him such a pic in a decorative picture frame.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.