The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kindle?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
What do you guys think of the Kindle? Fad or wave of the future? What kind of effect/affect do you think this will have on bookstores and/or magazines?

Kindle: Amazon's New Wireless Reading Device
Other products by Amazon

"This is the future of book reading. It will be everywhere." Michael Lewis, author of Moneyball and Liar's Poker.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000FI73MA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_img?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1"]
stars-3-0._V25749325_.gif
[/ame] [ame="http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000FI73MA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_img?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1"]
carrot._V47081519_.gif
[/ame] ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000FI73MA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1"]720 customer reviews[/ame])
Price:$399.00 & includes FREE Two-Day Shipping. See Details
Availability: In stock on December 17, 2007. Order it now.
To ensure delivery by December 24, choose FREE Super Saver Shipping. Read more about holiday shipping. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Kindle Availability
Due to heavy customer demand, Kindle is temporarily sold out. Because we ship Kindles on a first-come, first-served basis, please ORDER NOW to reserve your place in line. See availability messaging above for estimated in-stock date. Note that Kindle cannot currently be sold or shipped to customers living outside of the U.S.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Interesting name. When I saw the title of this thread, my only thoughts were kindling for fires.

I like the concept. I was wondering when someone would finally pull it into a user friendly interface. $400 is a bit steep though. They'll have to get it down to less then $100 and maybe near $50 for me to even consider it.
Also it must have a way to download any form of ebook. Word adobe, whatever's out there.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Tons of readers around, fact is paper is easier to read than online or on a screen, thus why newspapers are still around.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
The kindle has some sort of paper screen. Its suppose to be easier on the eyes. Anyone used one that could elaborate?

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
Very cool product, but I must say I agree with JScott: Someone will grab this before it blows up and do it much better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.