The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Killing the slowlaner within!

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Mr.Marnier

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 3, 2011
Good Morning everyone! (very VERY early morning for most of you I imagine ;))

My name is Mark i'm 25 and from the sunny UK, I stumbled across a review of MJ's fantastic book whilst browsing another forum and decided to check it out myself, very glad I did!

I'm sure I don't need to tell any of you about the quality of this book but for me I really couldn't put it down, I found myself reading it on the toilet, at the dinner table, in the car and anywhere else until it was done! have to say it was the first book that I could honestly say shifted my perspectives immediately and I began seeing slowlane / consumer mentality played out all around me, and in my own actions to various degrees.

Even better was that I started looking at successful people / businesses and making sense of their success by seeing how they are applying fastlane principles.

I've browsed around the forums and think there is a fantastic vibe here, a mass of golden information and I like that this place stays on track with strict rules on spamming and politics etc.

My long range plan is ultimately to achieve financial freedom, i'll be honest and say I do not have a workable plan to achieve that at present, that is why i'm here.

One point that really hit home for me in the book was something that I have felt subconsciously for many years which is the madness of me /people trading away most of the week in jobs they hate in exchange for 1 or 2 days of freedom, that seriously bothers me.

Slowlane / sidewalk mentality is all around but has always scared me, long before I read the book, I just knew that I could never be fulfilled "following the herd" as it were.

Every point in the book made sense to me, I have always appreciated success and am lucky that I have never subscribed to the very common mentalities of hating on the successful or believing it's all luck (there is a LOT of envy/ jealousy of the rich in UK culture) when I see a beautiful exotic on the street I always smile and then think how can I go out and do what that person did in order to drive that.

I am identifying what is holding me back so far, the main issues are analysis paralysis and also getting over a few other limiting beliefs I have, the book and this forum though have already given me perspectives on those issues that I haven't found elsewhere.

I usually just browse forums, I hate looking like i'm trying to find the easy road, asking the wrong questions etc but THAT is a limiting view right there as I cannot learn that way, so I plan to actually get involved here and use what I learn to create enough value so that I myself might be able to share some with you guys in future.

Look forward to speaking with you guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome! I think the best foundation to start a Fastlane is to find that *idea* that solves a problem or fills a need -- or, just does it better than the other people out there. Once you do that, your road is defined and the challenges of the *hows* will more easily be determined.

Thanks for the intro!

PS: Don't kill the Slowlaner in you; that stuff is still applicable in the Fastlane!

Mr.Marnier

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 3, 2011
Thanks guys,

MJ thanks for that tip!

I am getting over the analysis paralysis thing, it was chronic before reading your book simply because I would look at something like you just said "find the idea / need" and then barrage myself with a bunch of unnecessary questions / planning etc... what is the best way to do the WHOLE thing etc before taking any action, which obviously never happened!

So basically after reading the book / browsing this forum I understand that I need to rely on MYSELF to gather / make sense of the info and opportunities out there and how I can take action on them, and then ask for clarity if necessary from others, I like so many others was searching for someone / something to give me the magic formula to success on a plate before, step by step before doing anything, time to change up a gear (or three ;))

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

swimkid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 21, 2011
hi! you sound similar to myself, was never quite buying the "slowlane" but definitely can empathize with analysis paralysis. I want to figure out everything before doing anything. Which leads to doing nothing! ha.

At any rate, here's to breaking into the fastlane and out of analysis paralysis!

Mr.Marnier

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 3, 2011
hi! you sound similar to myself, was never quite buying the "slowlane" but definitely can empathize with analysis paralysis. I want to figure out everything before doing anything. Which leads to doing nothing! ha.

At any rate, here's to breaking into the fastlane and out of analysis paralysis!

Here here!, this post should probably should have been titled "murdering the over-analyser within" lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...