The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kickstarter: Behind The Numbers

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
What I don't understand is how so many people fail. Unless they get less than 15% of their pledged amount, there's no reason anyone should fail. Sometimes you see projects that are so close to their goals but never reach them.

This is my theory:

Say your goal is 10k. If you see that you only have a few days left and your only at 5k, you should be hustling to find someone, anyone at all, to come up with the other 5k. Lay out your own money, get a loan, ask family, friends. Just ask someone to lay it out and as soon as the project is finished, pay them right back.

If your goal is 10k and you have to borrow 5k to reach your goal, after the 5% kickstarter fee and 5% Amazon fee, your still left with 4k. Even though you haven't reached your goal, you still made out with 4k, which is a lot better than 0!

This would actually work with anything over 11%, but for it to be worth it, I think the minimum would have to be at least in the 20-25% range. That is, of course, depending on what your goal was. If your goal was real small then maybe it won't be worth it. If your goal is 100k, 20% is 20k. I know it's going to be extremely difficult to come up with 80k, but if you could, you just made yourself about 10 Grand which is better than nothing at all.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
What I don't understand is how so many people fail.
Actually, what I don't understand is how many actually make it.

50% success rate?

That is impressive, in my opinion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Actually, what I don't understand is how many actually make it.

50% success rate?

That is impressive, in my opinion.

Maybe that's the reason why.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads