The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kanye Rant: Adobe doesn't care about Mac People

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I'm sorry, but am I the only one who finds Adobe's Mac products agitating? There's a certain philosophy and culture that Mac Apps adhere to use that's different from Windows, and Adobe just seems to treat Macs like they're Windows machines. I feel like Adobe is basically like "F*ck your culture and the way you do things, we're just going to make pure Windows ports." They don't care about the way almost every company designs Mac Apps. It's like they don't understand macOS at all, and are living in a Windows World.

I stopped using Photoshop and Illustrator altogether for this reason and changed it out for the (much better, imo) Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer.

Example: Every mac app in existence supports native full screen mode. This has been true since about 2015.

Adobe products? Why would they bother to spend an extra 10 minutes adding support for one of macOS's useful features.

Why not? Because 'F*ck You,' that's why.

Not only that, but every time you install an Adobe product, it spams your Application folder with a bunch of irrelevant bullshit. Like this type of behavior might be okay on Windows, but Mac users F*cking hate it. Note how Adobe is the only App that spams the living F*ck out of your Applications folder. No other mac app do that. It's absolutely incredibly.

This may not seem like a big deal, but it also spams your launchpad with like a dozen apps.

And this? There's literally no excuse for the shear laziness of Adobe here. Is it seriously that hard to choose a title that actually fits on the screen of Macs?

Adobe is supposed to be the premier Graphic Design suite, and they can't even design their own shit right. This is why I'm slowly eliminating all Adobe products from my life, aside from the ones where there's no viable alternative (ie After Effects.) And even those are gone as soon as I have a chance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I’m reading the innovators delema at the moment and the first company that come to mind for going out of business soon like the examples in the book was adobe

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Make the switch man. I did. I built my own PC it is like 3x as powerful as the Mac I could have purchased for the same amount of money.

Admittedly, I wanted linux to work for me on this machine, but it was too big of a PITA.

Also, you are a hypocrite. You just posted a thread about delegating task work. Why do you even need Adobe?:rofl:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I’m reading the innovators delema at the moment and the first company that come to mind for going out of business soon like the examples in the book was adobe

Yep, Adobe doesn't give a flying F*ck about their customers. They know most professionals have no choice but to use their products. But that's slowly changing. I can pay $10/mo for photoshop, or for a one time $49 fee I can get Affinity Photo, which is actually better than Photoshop.

A lot of designers are making the switch. A lot of professions are unhappy with Adobe in the past 5-10 years so it's a prime opportunity for someone to go in and take over their market.

Also, you are a hypocrite. You just posted a thread about delegating task work. Why do you even need Adobe?:rofl:
Hahahaha, I love editing though so that doesn't count. To me it's kind of like art.

I'm thinking of making a YouTube channel kind of like Kurzgesagt, except a little more psychology oriented

They're really cool... they take a question, dive into the research and make cool animations answering the question.

Also, Arch Linux is so sexy:

1563559470579.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Also, I used to do Graphic Design so I actually am trained in it.

Now I mainly use Photoshop and Illustrator to touch up Data Visualizations.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
In the inovators dilemma it talks about why large well run companies fail.

The large well run companies like adobe focus on their customers, their high ticket, high margin customers, which in this case are professionals, they focus on giving their customers what they want and need and making their products better so they can keep these high paying customers. This is what any good company would do.

They ignore the smaller markets and the markets that are spending less money. They stick to their high ticket high margin products and customers. In adobes case this would be ignoring the people who just want to edit an Instagram pic.

Then what happens is a start up goes after that little market of low budget people with a cheap and basic product like an app. This market is way too small for adobe to bother with. If adobe makes 500m a year in revenue why would it bother adding an extra 5m from an app, that’s only 1% growth. But 5m for a startup is great.

Now the problem arises when that startups product becomes good enough to satisfy the bulk of adobes customers needs. It might be basic and much cheaper, but once it is good enough to satisfy their needs adobe is in trouble.

They seem to be being smart about it with their new apps and more accessible pricing, but they were definitely the first company I thought of when I was listening to this book.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.