The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just When Things Looked Good -- Jail Time Ahead

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Guys and Gals:

:wtf: I thought I'd been doing things by the book. :huh2:

Real Estate Investing is above board. Ditto for my stock trading. And I'm at 103 websites that all look good. No good reason that I can come up with for the time I'm going to spend in jail, but I'm headed there.

Learn more about my sentence here: Broome County Investor Receives Harsh Sentence

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest3722A

Bump...last minute plea.

I go in tomorrow, and would love to see some love from the Fastlane.

Bob, I'd hook you up but I'm using my lil bit o' cash for my venture. But I will give you something to think about while you're in!

My dad was diagnosed with MD when he was a teen, but it was a different slower version of it and the day he finally ended up in a wheelchair was the day I had to quit all 3 of my jobs to help him, which I did for over 8 years.

During this time i devised a way to use his wheelchair and ramp into his home as assets instead of inhibitors where I placed him on his ramp with his direction towards the decline of the ramp, and I sat in front of him, so he wouldn't roll away! I then held a cut piece of osb board, and loosely put a belt around his ankles so that I could lift his feet on to the board I was holding.

From this point, he was able to barely do a leg press using the resistance of his ramp, but he did!!

So the plan then became do this like a workout regimen and do it 3 times a week. Next thing ya knew, he got through the psychological aspects of his disease and was able to do 3 sets of ten, maybe about a week or two out or so, which then led me to eventually building up his resistance further by hanging bowling balls on the back of his chair and putting weights in his lap and next to him, to the point that he would be able to push so hard that his chair would fall over backwards! I'd catch him of course, and we would both laugh!

Then the day came when I lifted him out of his chair, and walked backwards with my hands under his armpits, and he once again, took his first step...and then his next one... and then his next one. He cried Bob, and it was beautiful. From this point forward, he wanted me to stand him up after I got him out of bed in the morning, so that he could stand for hours.

Now there's a lot more that goes with this story which shows the greedy and ugly side of jealous family members who interfered with his success and what happened is in the year I lost my business, my father also passed due to his sister's abuse of her power of attorney rights, and his sister forged a quit claim deed, stealing his home from my sibling and I. And seeing that I was broke from the loss of my business, I couldn't afford to fight this.

I've suffered and have been beat down really hard brother, but you know what, I'm a fighter and I'm coming back stronger than ever before, and if you or anyone decides to patent a wheel chair that enables leg presses, consider it one on me...

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
My dad was diagnosed with MD when he was a teen, but it was a different slower version of it and the day he finally ended up in a wheelchair was the day I had to quit all 3 of my jobs to help him, which I did for over 8 years.

During this time i devised a way to use his wheelchair and ramp into his home as assets instead of inhibitors where I placed him on his ramp with his direction towards the decline of the ramp, and I sat in front of him, so he wouldn't roll away! I then held a cut piece of osb board, and loosely put a belt around his ankles so that I could lift his feet on to the board I was holding.

From this point, he was able to barely do a leg press using the resistance of his ramp, but he did!!

So the plan then became do this like a workout regimen and do it 3 times a week. Next thing ya knew, he got through the psychological aspects of his disease and was able to do 3 sets of ten, maybe about a week or two out or so, which then led me to eventually building up his resistance further by hanging bowling balls on the back of his chair and putting weights in his lap and next to him, to the point that he would be able to push so hard that his chair would fall over backwards! I'd catch him of course, and we would both laugh!

Then the day came when I lifted him out of his chair, and walked backwards with my hands under his armpits, and he once again, took his first step...and then his next one... and then his next one. He cried Bob, and it was beautiful. From this point forward, he wanted me to stand him up after I got him out of bed in the morning, so that he could stand for hours.

No matter what happens to you, bro, you will always have this memory.

That means WAY more than a house.

Or most anything else.

Good job.

Hey, look-- you're going faster! (rep speed, for being a DOER-- and a MENSCH) :thumbsup:

-Russ H.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Topherea:

Thanks so much for that touching post. I have passed it along to the head of our local MDA chapter. I trust you won't mind, since you shared it in this open forum.

I am happy to say that I fell only $2 shy of my $1,600 goal (and that was only due to a miscalculation on my part). Thanks to all who helped!

G

Guest3722A

Topherea:

Thanks so much for that touching post. I have passed it along to the head of our local MDA chapter. I trust you won't mind, since you shared it in this open forum.

I am happy to say that I fell only $2 shy of my $1,600 goal (and that was only due to a miscalculation on my part). Thanks to all who helped!

Thank you sir. I appreciate it very much. During this period in my life I was also in contact with some high profile doctors at the University of Michigan who were engaged in MD research explaining my father's accomplishments, but it really didn't go much further than this.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Hey Bobbo,

We'll kick in 3 bucks. :)

Consider your goal exceeded. :banana:

-Russ

PS Lemme know if you need it sent via snail mail, or if I can just give it to ya when we see you at the next B&P.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
After a few last-minute donations, I'm now $98 over, so you're safe for this year!

Whew! That was close! ;)

-Russ H.

(still got yer 3 spot if you want it, bub). :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.