The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just wanted to say Hello.

guy marshall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 2, 2017
yorkshire England
Hello everyone I just wanted to introduce myself..my name is Guy and from England....I read Mjs books recently both in the correct order and just thought wow.......I'm already a millionaire dual business owner..(electrical contracting) and property investments,and also hold dividend paying investments, so as you can imagine as I was reading the text I was thinking at last someone is saying it out loud for real....I have been expressing some similar views for maybe 10 years amongst the circle of people I know and I get a reaction as if I have committed a crime.,so as you can imagine how I felt when I read the books. I really do believe this is a true blue print for success and this is from a retrospective view point as I have been there and done it ..
If I can be any help in your journey please let me know..

regards.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
.I'm already a millionaire dual business owner

Nice! Congrats.

have been expressing some similar views for maybe 10 years amongst the circle of people I know and I get a reaction as if I have committed a crime

Sad isn't it? Most people are resigned in their comfortable slavery and don't need to be reminded of it.

Welcome aboard!

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Already a millionaire business owner and still reading about how to get rich. I love it.

guy marshall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 2, 2017
yorkshire England
Nice! Congrats.

Sad isn't it? Most people are resigned in their comfortable slavery and don't need to be reminded of it.

Welcome aboard!
Its absolutely rife here in England, especially with Brexit everyone wants to blame the immigrants but they are the hardest workers of all,good luck to them trying to create an unscripted life. the country seems to be full of British born bottom feeders. Our welfare state is chronic and is fuelled by reality Tv and un important social media. Sorry to rant.

guy marshall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 2, 2017
yorkshire England
Already a millionaire business owner and still reading about how to get rich. I love it.
Hi a lot of my free time is consumed reading/listening to audio books I just love to learn and enjoy listening to other peoples success ,knowing how hard we worked for ours, this is the first forum I have really posted on..
We risked it all and sold our house to raise capital for our property investments 10 years ago......when Mj says supportive spouse is important its soooo true.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Its absolutely rife here in England, especially with Brexit everyone wants to blame the immigrants but they are the hardest workers of all,good luck to them trying to create an unscripted life. the country seems to be full of British born bottom feeders. Our welfare state is chronic and is fuelled by reality Tv and un important social media. Sorry to rant.

If immigrants represent cheap labor or potential tenants/maintenance workers for your properties, I can see why you'd be in favor of this. It does strike me as ironic, however, that you're complaining of British "bottom-feeders" who -- in their own country -- must now compete with third-world immigrants who are willing to work long hours for peanuts, simply because any income in the U.K. greatly exceeds the income and lifestyles available in their home countries.

the country seems to be full of British born bottom feeders.
It's funny how being replaced in jobs, neighborhoods, and in political importance creates "bottom-feeders" out of people who, in previous generations, would've had opportunities for success in their own country. I'm sorry to hijack your introduction, but I believe it's this kind of attitude that will lead to one heck of a backlash in the coming years.

(Yes, I realize that political discussion isn't allowed here, but in the interest of balance, I felt compelled to offer an opposing view. As usual, mods, feel free to delete this if I'm out of bounds.)

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

guy marshall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 2, 2017
yorkshire England
If immigrants represent cheap labor or potential tenants/maintenance workers for your properties, I can see why you'd be in favor of this. It does strike me as ironic, however, that you're complaining of British "bottom-feeders" who -- in their own country -- must now compete with third-world immigrants who are willing to work long hours for peanuts, simply because any income in the U.K. greatly exceeds the income and lifestyles available in their home countries.

It's funny how being replaced in jobs, neighborhoods, and in political importance creates "bottom-feeders" out of people who, in previous generations, would've had opportunities for success in their own country. I'm sorry to hijack your introduction, but I believe it's this kind of attitude that will lead to one heck of a backlash in the coming years.

(Yes, I realize that political discussion isn't allowed here, but in the interest of balance, I felt compelled to offer an opposing view. As usual, mods, feel free to delete this if I'm out of bounds.)

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

guy marshall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 2, 2017
yorkshire England
well if I may reply, as an employer I don't employ any immigrants and the reason is that none have ever applied for a position, but if they did and met the requirements I would gladly do so and they would be paid exactly the same.
I was referring to work ethic and not exploiting cheap foreign labour as it is currently illegal to pay below the minimum living wage which is set by government in the uk Anyone who is exploiting this then becomes the criminal aspect and the employee becomes the victim, and should be punished accordingly.
I also think its a matter of opportunities taken or not taken.. and I see a lot of opportunities not being taken... bottom feeders trust me it exists.

guy marshall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 2, 2017
yorkshire England
well if I may reply, as an employer I don't employ any immigrants and the reason is that none have ever applied for a position, but if they did and met the requirements I would gladly do so and they would be paid exactly the same.
I was referring to work ethic and not exploiting cheap foreign labour as it is currently illegal to pay below the minimum living wage which is set by government in the uk Anyone who is exploiting this then becomes the criminal aspect and the employee becomes the victim, and should be punished accordingly.
I also think its a matter of opportunities taken or not taken.. and I see a lot of opportunities not being taken... bottom feeders trust me it exists.
just to add freedom of movement within the Eu is still permitted within the U.k.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...