The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just Take ACTION!

Anything related to matters of the mind

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
Let me start by saying that I havent been on this forum for 2 years. The reason I havent been here for a couple years is because I have been busy. Busier than I have ever been in my life. Busy making more money and increasing my net worth more than I ever have in my life. Now my story isnt MJ's. I am not worth millions (yet) and I still work a day job and I really dont consider myself fastlane.

I dont consider myself anything other than finally on MY right path. My path is real estate and its taken a little longer than I wanted, but things are just now starting to click. Things are clicking on that end and on my day job. I make more money than I ever have before (Lets just say 6 figures for those who are itching to know, I have been a member of this forum for quite a while so I know how many of you think) and I get some satisfaction from it (the job) and it supplies me with benefits that I need still. Frankly, for me and where I came from, my income and net worth are miles above what I ever thought I would be at.

I own one income producing residential property, one income producing commercial property, am in the middle of another commercial property renovation and I am closing on another residential rental property on thrursday. Bottom line my wages are good, my net worth is increasing quickly and it would take a book to write down what I have learned since I acquired my first property. Cant even begin to put a value on that.
Now I dont tell all of you this to toot my own horn because I dont care about that. But I do consider myself to be successful. I have acquired some wealth, maybe not MJ wealth but some wealth. I say all of this to give some context to my post. You see I have been a part of this forum from its very start. I am sure MJ or a mod can confirm I have been here a long time. I followed MJ here from the rich dad forums. I say all of this because when I returned to this forum it still reads the same as when I left. people announcing their, dreams, their wants, their desires and their plans. People questioning those who are succesfful asking for the roadmap to success.

I understand why people do it. They want wealth. they want success. They hate their poverty. They hate being a slave to their job, their boss, their entire way of life. I know because I was there. I was many of you. I wanted all of these things so I was looking in forums for the way. I was reading books looking for the way. But the truth is the way wont be found by reading any books or forums. Dont get me wrong books and forums will help educate you but the thing we are all looking for isnt here or in a book. It is out THERE!

You see I wasted a lot of time planning,reading, analyzing and everything else. But nothing really changed for me until I went out and took action. Nothing changed for me until I went out and said "screw it, even if it is wrong. I am going to do something" Nothing changed until I jumped in with both feet and got busy. No looking back, no looking in the mirror, just going. I forgave myself beforehand for any mistakes I would make and just went. I look back now on my first property and laugh at all of the dumb things I did. I am amazed it even worked out sometimes but I am now proud of what I did and the path I am on.

I realize this is a long post but I wanted to stop back here and contribute a little. I learned a lot on these forums and even though I am still on the journey I am miles from where I was when I first joined this forum. So my contribution is this. As simple as it sounds GO! As cliche as it sounds JUST DO IT! Even if it is wrong go anyway. Take action! Get in the game. Its ok to be afraid. I was. I am sure MJ was. That is part of it. Find your own path, dont try someone elses. Get out there, even if you fail (which I have on many other things) you wont regret it when you find the right one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Allen

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 26, 2013
Great post. Thanks for the reminder!

AlexV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 12, 2013
Munich, Germany
well it is obvious I dont spend any time here because I am not really sure what Thrifty's point is.

It is not about the forum. You need to order your text so that people can read it. Put some spaces between the paragraphs. It is bulky.

I did read it, congrats for what you've done.

zoomzoom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Apr 22, 2013
well it is obvious I dont spend any time here because I am not really sure what Thrifty's point is.

Thrifty's reference is to the massive "wall of text" your post is difficult to read because of it's lack of paragraph spacing. Posts like that are scary :sorry:

Congratulations on your current success, ideas and planning will get you nowhere without implementation, thanks for posting.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for checking in, glad to see things are rolling for you. Incidentally, I think you were one of the first members here when this forum first started... USER #5!

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
great post. I'm glad you've established and am scaling your wealth. As this posts relates to me, it's a kick in the pants to take active and just go. I've being doing small things here and there for the last 2 years including reading book after book. No more reading time to start doing.

Phillipbro

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 10, 2013
Ontario
It makes me really happy when people check into the the forum to update their progress and motivate the rest. I will definitely do the same when I begin my journey.

Action is the plan, just go ahead and do it; so what if you lose a little money, so what if you fail. Just learn from your mistakes, get back to the drawing board and try again!

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Speed+ for the inspiring post! I have spent hundreds of hours reading forum posts, blog entries, articles, business books, and watching videos to prepare myself for my eventual endeavor. Last week I realized that I'm starting to plateau. The more content I consume, the more quickly I recognize the motifs and themes that popped up earlier in my research. What this tells me is that I don't necessarily need more preparation, but that it's time to jump in. If I tried to justify the need for more preparation, I would just be procrastinating for fear of failure.

External validation of a principle isn't always needed, but it certainly helps me take the first step when I'm feeling timid. Thanks again for sharing your success story, and welcome back to the forum!

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
Let me add one thing for all of you starting out on this journey that I didnt mention in my original post. Much like MJ and others here, people said I was crazy when I bought my first property. A broken done old downtown building noone else wanted. I heard it all, "your crazy". "wow that place is a money pit". "What were you thinking?" "You might as well flush that money down the drain"

Mind you these comments came from people whose idea of an investment was the house they live in. Their idea of success was having the bills paid and a little extra to pay off the credit card that they ran up their yearly vacation on. LOL, One of these comments came from a guy who mowed fairways at a golf course. I laugh now because here was a guy making $10 an hour (during the summer months) trying to tell me what a big mistake I made. But at the time it really caused me to doubt myself and my decision.

Dont let people EVER make you think that your entrepreurial drive is silly or stupid. Dont let the fairway guy/girl in your life convince you that your making a mistake. The critics are full of crap and as you go down your own path it becomes even clearer to you. You will see how the narrative of other peoples story about you changes. Mine went from being a stupid idiot who bought a money pit to a guy who came in a basically stole this prime piece of downtown real estate. One of my friends told me they heard my name associated with the quote "the rich get richer" when they heard I bought my other commercial property. WTF! From crazy idiot to rich raider!

The point is. I was YOU! I am YOU! I am not a millionaire yet, but I am closing in on it. In 2004 I had more credit card debt than I had in savings. I had a car payment and and mortgage and a 401 that didnt have a hell of a lot in it. As I said my path is different than MJ's and frankly I got off track many time and made many mistakes. Dont give up! I havent and I wont until I reach MY ultimate destination. Where I want to be not someone elses idea of where I should be.

Its nice to hear that my post was motivational to some of you. I truly wish you the best and hope to read some of your successes. This place, this forum, these people here, helped me an awful lot. Thanks to all of you and to MJ!

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Its nice to hear that my post was motivational to some of you. I truly wish you the best and hope to read some of your successes. This place, this forum, these people here, helped me an awful lot. Thanks to all of you and to MJ!

There is just something in what you are saying that I just love to listen to.
I hope you can write some more about this experience and the understanding you have now come to regarding overcoming the critics and the doubts.

We all have different stories in life, that doesn't matter too much, what matters is that we feel what we do makes a difference in our life.
Awesome stuff man.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
Thanks for reporting back man.

You're right, no amount of time spent reading books or forums can make you get to your dreams.

It's only when you take action and really get out there in the world.

Being in the forums and spending time reading books are helpful too.

We just need to allocate some time for it.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
That's very uplifting mate, keep up the good work, I'm sure you'll reach your destination soon man!

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
Thank you for taking time to inspire others.

Thriftypreneur

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 8, 2013

Great, very inspirational posts. And, yes, my image post was just poking a little fun at you - no harm intended. :)

It makes me really happy when people check into the the forum to update their progress and motivate the rest. I will definitely do the same when I begin my journey.

Couldn't agree more.

Lombardo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Aug 30, 2013
Indiana
Taking action is definitely the one thing that will start giving you some momentum to seeing results.

I do believe in obviously doing some research and learning from others, who are already successful in the field you are looking at getting into. However, most people get caught up in "learning too much".

For example, I see this a lot with guys in affiliate marketing with this problem. They read tons of different blogs, take notes, buy e-books etc...Guess what? They never take any action. If they would have taken some action, even if it's the smallest of actions, after their first e-book, podcast, blog post, etc...they would already have built some momentum. But a lot of guys get caught up in the, "oh wait, maybe this new e-book has the secret I need, versus the other ten I've already read".

Just do it.

T14

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Sep 16, 2013
Let me start by saying that I havent been on this forum for 2 years. The reason I havent been here for a couple years is because I have been busy. Busier than I have ever been in my life. Busy making more money and increasing my net worth more than I ever have in my life. Now my story isnt MJ's. I am not worth millions (yet) and I still work a day job and I really dont consider myself fastlane.

I dont consider myself anything other than finally on MY right path. My path is real estate and its taken a little longer than I wanted, but things are just now starting to click. Things are clicking on that end and on my day job. I make more money than I ever have before (Lets just say 6 figures for those who are itching to know, I have been a member of this forum for quite a while so I know how many of you think) and I get some satisfaction from it (the job) and it supplies me with benefits that I need still. Frankly, for me and where I came from, my income and net worth are miles above what I ever thought I would be at.

I own one income producing residential property, one income producing commercial property, am in the middle of another commercial property renovation and I am closing on another residential rental property on thrursday. Bottom line my wages are good, my net worth is increasing quickly and it would take a book to write down what I have learned since I acquired my first property. Cant even begin to put a value on that.
Now I dont tell all of you this to toot my own horn because I dont care about that. But I do consider myself to be successful. I have acquired some wealth, maybe not MJ wealth but some wealth. I say all of this to give some context to my post. You see I have been a part of this forum from its very start. I am sure MJ or a mod can confirm I have been here a long time. I followed MJ here from the rich dad forums. I say all of this because when I returned to this forum it still reads the same as when I left. people announcing their, dreams, their wants, their desires and their plans. People questioning those who are succesfful asking for the roadmap to success.

I understand why people do it. They want wealth. they want success. They hate their poverty. They hate being a slave to their job, their boss, their entire way of life. I know because I was there. I was many of you. I wanted all of these things so I was looking in forums for the way. I was reading books looking for the way. But the truth is the way wont be found by reading any books or forums. Dont get me wrong books and forums will help educate you but the thing we are all looking for isnt here or in a book. It is out THERE!

You see I wasted a lot of time planning,reading, analyzing and everything else. But nothing really changed for me until I went out and took action. Nothing changed for me until I went out and said "screw it, even if it is wrong. I am going to do something" Nothing changed until I jumped in with both feet and got busy. No looking back, no looking in the mirror, just going. I forgave myself beforehand for any mistakes I would make and just went. I look back now on my first property and laugh at all of the dumb things I did. I am amazed it even worked out sometimes but I am now proud of what I did and the path I am on.

I realize this is a long post but I wanted to stop back here and contribute a little. I learned a lot on these forums and even though I am still on the journey I am miles from where I was when I first joined this forum. So my contribution is this. As simple as it sounds GO! As cliche as it sounds JUST DO IT! Even if it is wrong go anyway. Take action! Get in the game. Its ok to be afraid. I was. I am sure MJ was. That is part of it. Find your own path, dont try someone elses. Get out there, even if you fail (which I have on many other things) you wont regret it when you find the right one.

Hey Camski

Any updates on the commercial rehab? I recently passed my RE exams and will hang my license this January. Raised 100% OPM from a PL to fund my first rehab. I can't wait to start!

How did you come to the decision to begin investing in commercial after only doing 1 residential flip? How did/do you analyze these buildings?

Congrats on pushing forward!

T

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.