The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just started.. and big fights!!

Anything related to matters of the mind

chrisrobin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 13, 2019
United States
Hi all,

Just joined this community, but really..I've been guilty of not starting it sooner.

Have a relationship question for you who are paving your free paths and working your dreams!

I just quit my job this summer not knowing what I was getting into, but I couldn't continue the scripted life I was forcing myself and finally said no more! Of course, all of the people around me have been nothing but strong and firm naysayers ;-), which honestly does little to me. I am so determined that their opinions do not matter.

But the hardest part is that my husband has been the *strongest* opposition of all.. fighting me on every aspect of the unscripted journey, giving unsolicited "insights". He thinks all the things scripted life offers are absolutely the only way of living, therefore for him I've completely lost my mind. It is like I am reading the first chapters of the book all over! Omg

How have you guys dealt with this unfavorable view in a relationship? I am so tired of explaining myself on this subject to him. It feels lonely I am getting zero support from my current friend circles or my loved ones (not that I expected at all). I actually expected this to happen any minute. And really don't have anything else to say to him..except I don't think I will EVER go back to office job just because someone you love thinks you have to do it. We keep fighting and fighting. And it is affecting my mental health more than I thought it did.

Did the relationship work out for you in similar situations like mine? How did you prove early on that entrepreneurship was your only path (which it really is the only way I want to live) and somehow still maintained your current relationship?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hi Chris, welcome,

What are you doing now that you quit your job? How's business going?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
In a relationship, don't both parties have a responsibility to provide income, unless they agree otherwise? Quitting without his support sounds like you are putting all the weight on him to make ends meet. If that is correct, of course he is stressed out.

There is nothing wrong with working a job and building your unscripted life in the extra hours until it can replace your day job income. Can you find something part time to show him you understand his concern?

The best way to prove entrepreneurship is your best path is to generate revenue with it.

I understand a lot of people think you need to focus completely on the business to make it work, but if you haven't generated revenue yet and you want to make the marriage work, you may want to consider adjusting that plan.

If you take an office job, don't see it as a defeat. Don't see it as a dead end. See it as a means to an end. It's a stepping stone on your journey.

Hope this helps.

chrisrobin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 13, 2019
United States
I was lost in life for a bit after quitting then discovered the book and my life has changed. Currently I am just working part time at some restaurants to pay my bill.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
How did you prove early on that entrepreneurship was your only path (which it really is the only way I want to live) and somehow still maintained your current relationship?
I started paying the rent from proceeds. She was pretty skeptical until that started happening consistently.

I think us saying "forget this" is an immensity scary thing to our bewildered linear progression oriented partners. I think my girlfriend/ wife only cut me a little more slack because it was a layoff that prompted my craziness, but I had to move pretty fast; she wasn't going to let me fool around very long.

What's the plan?

Also, welcome aboard. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.