The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

just some doctor

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
F*ck doing a mall job, u don’t learn sales there.
U just show people we’re the stuff is and fill up some stock.

With a mall job u just are surrounded by slow laners

With sales I mean, the sales department of a company. A sales job were ur salary depends on how many sales u make.

I’m sure u can meet a lot of great people there. Also the environment will push u forward.

But u need to be hungry to make it happen

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
No, I love learning. PTSD from moral injury, secondhand trauma, discrimination, constantly getting belittled and hazed as is the process to "earn" your way to becoming a doctor. I got lucky and didn't get surgical scissors thrown at me.
I seriously commend and respect you for going through med school. I can't imagine dealing with the deficiencies of a non-medical graduate program while concurrently dealing with the stress of having other people's lives literally in your hands (and dealing with combative patients). Imposter syndrome is a beast and outsider opinions often make it that much worse. You definitely aren't alone and your experience/feelings are valid.

My new big goal is to start a fastlane business, not sure what but giving myself grace, compassion, and time.
I'm so glad to hear you're doing better and moving forward! I'm also glad to see that you're being kind and patient with yourself :) I can't wait to hear of your future successes! I have a feeling that you're going to do great things.

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
F*ck doing a mall job, u don’t learn sales there.
U just show people we’re the stuff is and fill up some stock.

With a mall job u just are surrounded by slow laners

With sales I mean, the sales department of a company. A sales job were ur salary depends on how many sales u make.

I’m sure u can meet a lot of great people there. Also the environment will push u forward.

But u need to be hungry to make it happen
Oh that's what you meant, got it. Yeah unfortunately that's the last thing I want to do even though I know going fastlane will need sales skills. Hell, even being a doctor, I have to sell patients on how the treatment will help. I hate it lol

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
Thanks, @REV5028. I think the hardest thing for me has been to be kind and patient with myself! Glad I'm able to practice it more now. Hope you're doing the same for yourself!

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
I realized I've had many FTE's, latest one being yesterday. It was another busy day where I didn't eat my lunch until 4pm, ate in front of my computer, and was in the clinic for nearly 12 hours because I had notes to catch up on.

Also, I'm sick of people telling me that this is what happens/what I get for being a salaried physician. After getting burnt out so many times and then working in a place that respected rest breaks and lunch breaks and even counted administrative work as work hours (so being treated like a human being?!), I get fed up when I don't get to hydrate and pee regularly or eat until later.

Going into medicine, I understood it'd be hard but I thought I'd at least still be treated like a human being? I'd also imagined having my own practice so of course being a corporate employee is part of this hardship.

So here I am again, one foot out the door and ready to plan my escape... again. The discontent is not a bad thing. I've often been able to use it in the past to drive me to my next goal. Unfortunately, it's not as persistent as it used to be when I was younger. I think I'll just need to keep reminding myself and returning to this forum. After reading Fastlane on my little smartphone screen through one of those free library apps, I finally purchased a paperback copy and having that staring me in the face has been a good reminder too. I need to get out of this slowlane even if it is a little faster than the slowlane I was in just a couple years ago! Can't be complacent.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
Keep making moves to get to where you want to be! If you can go through med school and what you're doing now, you can do anything.

SharpeningBlade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
May 26, 2021
San Francisco, CA
Well, you have a great username.

The world has a SEVERE shortage of honest, ethical medical professionals at the moment.

Hang in there. Your skills are valuable.

Also I can recommend, be careful what you say and write and make affirmations about with saying "I'm this, I'm that" because you are just reinforcing subconscious programming a lot of times, generally speaking.

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
Well, you have a great username.

The world has a SEVERE shortage of honest, ethical medical professionals at the moment.

Hang in there. Your skills are valuable.

Also I can recommend, be careful what you say and write and make affirmations about with saying "I'm this, I'm that" because you are just reinforcing subconscious programming a lot of times, generally speaking.
Thank you, thank you! Yes, I forgot about the power and effect of our words on ourselves. Appreciate that reminder!

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
It's been a long week and I woke up with a migraine today. Luckily took some meds and it's subsiding enough that I'll be able to make it through today.

On the plus side, I've had a lot of difficulty getting out of bed for what feels like nearly or even over a year now. I usually do the roll out of bed and drive to work thing. But this week, I'd wake up around 4/5AM and actually feel like getting up instead of sleeping more. So it's been nice to use these quiet mornings to take care of things outside of work especially as I'm usually exhausted by the end of the day.

I also realize now that what happened this week is more likely the norm as things pick up again. It'll be interesting to see how I can adapt and have a routine, making sure I have boundaries between work and my personal life. And creating room for other endeavors ;)

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
I think I might be developing high blood pressure from my job. It was high during my day off when I went to two medical/dental visits; high again when I felt the slight nausea/light headache/head buzzy thing yesterday at work that's been happening frequently. I kept thinking it was migraines because that's what usually happens when I get overworked and overstressed but now I'm concerned about my blood pressure. I'm not gonna risk my health for my job. At the same time, I've got more reason to start running again and lose weight to help with the BP and stress reduction. Will probably make me feel more attractive again too lololol

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
Also forgot to mention that I did push back and wrote an email to my higher ups and I was surprised that it was well received. Hopefully changes will be made and I can stay at this job for the next x number of years so I can pay off student loans faster/support my parents financially.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Just finished reading Millionaire Fastlane . Been meaning to read it since about 2020 when I first heard of it and glad I finally got to it--thank you to my most recent employer for force-resigning/terminating me.

The specific example about lead generation for plastic surgery offices really struck me. I never really thought about medical practices having difficulty getting patients, especially since they're usually listed on insurance panels, google, and whatnot. I know that if I were to (and when I did try to) have my own private practice doing cash-pay only, it's definitely harder to get patients since they're used to the traditional model with insurance and co-pays. I also didn't know how to sell myself and help them see that they'd actually get a full hour of me, less interrupting, more listening, and so forth.

Mind is opening up again...
I remember when it got more into the corporation mode. I had a physician that was a good private doctor and went up against this idea right from the start. It's a shame good doctors have to go outside. There are a few that have done this around my area, but then a lot of them leave the system because they like it either anymore then you. Becoming a physician is more about saving lives. It's quite fascinating right now with people wanting to hang on to the system. Hopefully, it changes, because Boomers aren't going to put up with crap if they are in nursing homes, private care, and it should get interesting if they want quality service.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
I think I might be developing high blood pressure from my job. It was high during my day off when I went to two medical/dental visits; high again when I felt the slight nausea/light headache/head buzzy thing yesterday at work that's been happening frequently. I kept thinking it was migraines because that's what usually happens when I get overworked and overstressed but now I'm concerned about my blood pressure. I'm not gonna risk my health for my job. At the same time, I've got more reason to start running again and lose weight to help with the BP and stress reduction. Will probably make me feel more attractive again too lololol
They call hypertension the silent killer because it's usually asymptomatic.

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
Yeah, I've been worried about stroking out at work. One of the higher up wage slaves looked me dead in the eye and said, "Patient care comes first." Meanwhile, at the back of my mind, I'm thinking you won't have any patient care if I'm dead or disabled, and good luck finding someone who wants to work and stay here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...