The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just need your advice and opinion on creating my website.

Anything related to matters of the mind
S

stranger

Hi,

I'm thinking to create a website like flickr where people will be able to share their photographs and videos.

The website will be in 1 niche which i love and know. These are some groups about that topic in flicr. Anyway, I have a crazy idea about how people will like to share their photos and video materials with my website. I already had had 1 website where people put their pictures. However, there were only about 100 pictures when i sold it. My goal wasn't to get more pictures there.

There are 2 issues if i create the website.

1. I have no idea how to monetize it. Adsense seems sucks in our days?

2. How to check if it's a real owner of a photo/video?

Should I kill this idea about this website or go on to develop it?
My 2 goals are to make some money with this website. Say, 1 grand of bucks for a month would be fine. Also, the site should help me to meet great and interesting people.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EEasyMoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 14, 2013
California, USA
The website will be in 1 niche which i love and know.

Based on this, I would say - Do it. The worst case scenario is that you've got yourself a hobby and

Also, the site should help me to meet great and interesting people.

If you could meet great and interesting people, in addition to making friends, you would certainly get new ideas, and learn more about the people who will be your customers. That information is priceless. You might not know how to monetize it yet, but if it's something you know and love, you'll put your passion into it. Meeting new people and learning new ideas will only help you to grow. You'll figure out a way to monetize it eventually - maybe a membership fee or something.

Worst case, you'll have a hobby you know and love, make some friends, and make a little money. As long as it doesn't take too much time away from more profitable opportunities, I don't see a downside.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Sounds like a good idea mate, if it's a site based around a particular niche, you could find lead offers / signups to put up on the site/

For example,
if the site's about weight loss you could find some offers for products or companies and get monthly leads from your users and visitors.

damien275x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 18, 2011
Websites and Applications are code. They are not bricks, materials, expensive steel and concrete. If you F*ck it all up, the worst case scenario is actually not bad because all the work you did on that one, can be taken and rolled into the next project. If it succeeds, you can still do the same. So there really is no lose if this is your long-term path. When I first started designing apps and webpages it took longer, but over time you build up your own library of buttons, images, blocks of code and discover all of the 'trade secrets' to be more productive and get shit done quicker.

Good luck! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

whiteeclipse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
May 9, 2013
Orlando, FL
There are 2 issues if i create the website.

1. I have no idea how to monetize it. Adsense seems sucks in our days?

2. How to check if it's a real owner of a photo/video?

Should I kill this idea about this website or go on to develop it?
My 2 goals are to make some money with this website. Say, 1 grand of bucks for a month would be fine. Also, the site should help me to meet great and interesting people.

Thanks.

1. Don't worry about making money with ads at first, worry about creating traffic, you want to focus to drive traffic to your website then when you have real visitors then worry about placing ads to make money.

2. You will need to take their word for it, if they tell it's their photo or video, have them auto sign stating so and I would worry about that stuff anyways your just starting up.

Don't kill it, go and develop the website. Goodluck

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.