The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just launched my brand new site!

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Great news guys! I got approved for google adsense and made my first profit from my website!!!! $0.24! It's not a lot but it's something. Im sure it seems like something stupid to be excited about but the fact that I'm making some type of money from my site really motivates me!

Now I'm just trying to figure out what I can offer to people at a price.

Nick
CEO, RetiredYouth.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Looks good. Is this a media site? How do you plan to monitize this?

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Looks good. Is this a media site? How do you plan to monitize this?
I'm doing google Adsense and just finished Retired Youth's first small handbook called 'The Top 3 Essentials for Every Entrepreneur.' Check it out here

Nick
CEO, RetiredYouth.com

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
It was a friend who wrote for me. That's the only article I used from her and have hired a contributing writer and am in the process of hiring another one. Go to www.retiredyouth.com/making-your-business-a-brand this article was written by a writer I hired.

Give some facts!

The first practice of branding can be traced back as far as 3000 years ago. do some research and invent a story, not very many people will be able to prove your story unlikely.

Give some examples! Tell A Story!

Coca-Cola Tide Disney Pepsi-Cola etc.

Different types of brand awareness

Aided awareness and strategic awareness

I think these are the bare necessities required to provide valuable content to a site such as yours.

But really I don't know much I've only been studying how to provide valuable website content for about a week now.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Nick,

I have a quick question. Where do you get the pictures used on the site, such as on this page?
http://www.retiredyouth.com/unstoppable.html

Site looks good so far, sad to say it but I think putting some ads up might actually make the site look more...full? Not sure what I'm getting at here, I just see a lot of white, which is a good, but maybe instead of ads, extend the sidebar further down the page to take up more room.

Also, how many sales of the ebook have you gotten thus far? Exciting to see something like this started up.

Thanks alot!

GravyBoat

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks again for the advice! I get the pictures from a website called Unsplash, it's free, high resolution copyright free photos.

My ebook hasn't sold too much, although I haven't marketed it like crazy either. If anyone is interested in getting it. Insert this coupon code to get 50% off: ryby2014

Nick
CEO, RetiredYouth.com

maggie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 20, 2014
UK
Hi,

I like the name but it's not easy to navigate - try and make it more obvious. It's is missing a carrot to entice me in - Would it be an idea to allow the customers to hear a few minutes of an interview to capture their interest?

Maggie

A

Angus

Hi,

I like the name but it's not easy to navigate - try and make it more obvious. It's is missing a carrot to entice me in - Would it be an idea to allow the customers to hear a few minutes of an interview to capture their interest?

Maggie
This.

I'm an user, I'm lazy, I don't know where to click, too much things, I'm in panic, I leave.

Nice idea, reminds me of http://elitedaily.com/, maybe you can take some inspiration from there. :)

NickT41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 4, 2013
Great site. One piece of personal advice: I don't think it's necessary to separate men interviews and women interviews. Put them under the same category and perhaps group them by their niche/industry, so there is some organization. The whole "men's" and "women's" thing looks grammatically incorrect to me, but I don't believe it is.

gabu4u1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 8, 2013
Beautiful domain name, nice concept.

I will suggest that you make your post title more punchy especially for the posts on the interviews.

Ali

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
May 10, 2012
Oman
You don't have so many visitors yet. I suggest applying some SEO tactics to improve your ranking.

Try adding a video clip of you promoting the concept showing how passionate you are about retiring young

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.