The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just Launched a new product called the Party Cannon, Not sure what the next best step is????/

Party Cannon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 9, 2020
I recently received my first container of my new product the Party Cannon. It's a new and innovative game that can be rented and reused. Just hit the target with a bean bag and watch the prizes fly. Then repeat as much as you want. This product rents for $100 a party. I need advice on next best steps for marketing my product. Shows, Door to Door, Open Store front, Drop ship with other companies, facebook ads, sales people, email marketing.........the list goes on. Any advice?
Here is the product so you have an idea of what it is: www.partycannon.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 20190202_145003 (1).jpg
    20190202_145003 (1).jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20190202_145323.jpg
    20190202_145323.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Party Cannon copy.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5189 (1).MOV
    20.2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
Social media (Instagram) marketing could greatly work with this product.

And also try to maybe optimise a bit the website to sell it online.

Good luck :)

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Welcome to the forum. How many times have you rented it out?
How's the feedback?
Is there any danger of being to close to the cannon when the targets hit?
My son is likely to try and fish out the prizes without bothering to hit the target, can kids reach in and grab the contents?
What happens if the cannon goes off while someones arm is in there?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
The name is fantastic. Professional videos of people using it would sell me, I think. Needs a call to action (how do I rent one NOW?) so that I don't just watch the video, say "that's cool" and then go on to the next video. Looks really fun.

Are kids parties your market, or do you think other people would use it? I'm 40 and tbh I might rent one for my own amusement. But maybe I'm really a kid who never grew up ;)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
There's this company that sells blenders. They have a channel on youtube called Will It Blend, where they put all kinds of funky and interesting objects into their blender. It's a very popular channel.

So, in your free time, I guess you can put some time into a similar channel called Will It Shoot or Will It Hit, and put all kinds of objects into the cannon. Shoot the video on a lawn, put some bullseye target some distance away, load the object and fire it. It doesn't even need to be hitting a boring old bullseye, but stuff like eggs and glasses also make good targets. Maybe put 4 lbs of mentos into the cannon and aim to fire those all at once and make them land in a tub of coke. BOOM!

This will work well on Instagram and TikTok. Yes, especially TikTok.
The engagement rate there is high as hell and this sort of content will go big there.

You may not get direct sales from there, but it gets people talking and gets the word out.
Even if there are 4500 views, and 50% of those reshare to their friends, and their friends reshare, wow.

These are the type of products that benefit from social media, not copywriting services or accounting services.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I recently received my first container of my new product the Party Cannon. It's a new and innovative game that can be rented and reused. Just hit the target with a bean bag and watch the prizes fly. Then repeat as much as you want. This product rents for $100 a party. I need advice on next best steps for marketing my product. Shows, Door to Door, Open Store front, Drop ship with other companies, facebook ads, sales people, email marketing.........the list goes on. Any advice?

Hi not a big fan of the website, it looks poorly made imo, cannot find a button to rent the cannon and the about us section is uninspiring. If I click on ''product'' I just see $799, if I'm a potential customer looking to use this for a kids party the price just urges me to click the X button asap.

The media page looks like it was created with not to much effort. No instagram, facebook or even youtube link to showcase the product!?!?

Besides that I think this has a lot of possibility of being a neat product, you really need to portray the value of WHY someone NEEDS to get this for the next birthday party.

A cheap way to market this could be flyers throughout the community, with links to some awesome youtube videos (PARTY CANNON CHANNEL). It also needs to be extremely easy for me to rent, get a page on your website mentioning that YOU yourself will setup everything up for the customer assuring them its a worthwhile investment. YOU will deliver it to them and take it away. The page looks like I only have the option of purchasing the cannon

Good luck! Cool idea.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

I would suggest marketing it to RV parks. They need to be able to entertain kids and grand-kids, and they love outdoorsy things, shooting things, explosions, and red hats. You may want to limit cannon sales to one park per area, so they are "the only local park with a cannon".

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
4lbs of Mentos in to a tub of coke? Hell, I think me and the grandson is going to do that, this weekend! Oh wait, I better wait until the lil woman goes on a trip. I think she has one planned for February. Hopefully I don't forget. :innocent: :halo::innocent: :halo:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

First of all, welcome to the forum, and well done on giving it a go with this one.

Before doing any promotional work, you need to sort out your website. The flow is not great, you need to get some more inspiring copy, and you need at least one picture of the cannon going off.

I noticed one spelling mistake on the home page after about 20 seconds, whereby you've said "very player is a winner guaranteed" instead of "every player".

Also, once corrected you need to explain that sentence, how is every player a winner? Surely someone can miss? And is it really a game if everyone wins?

Next as was suggested above, you need videos and pictures of the thing in action... OKAY, PAUSE!

You were probably sitting there thinking; "I have got videos!"

I know, whilst critiquing your site, I first did a sweep through, going to every page, and then as I write this I'm flicking back and forth to remind myself of the points, and THEN I saw your videos.

THEN, I saw you were on the WALT DISNEY!!!!! Channel.

I write it in caps like this because, YOU SHOULD BE SHOUTING ABOUT THAT!

That should be front and centre, this product has been approved by the Disney Kids, or some such statement.

So get this video featuring more prominently, and either ditch, or get some better photos, they are just not good.

Copy.

The copy leaves a lot to be desired, the language feels stilted, and I can tell you wrote it yourself, and that you don't usually write copy. That's okay, you either need to take a copy course (I recommend browsing @Lex DeVille's posts on this forum, he's an excellent copywriter and has some golden advice as to how to create better copy), or you need to take the quicker route and pay someone to do it for you. Check out a freelance site like Upwork or Fivver, or equivalent.

Also some of the information on the site is out of date, which doesn't look good. For instance you have a claim that the cannon is $599 till December 31st.

This brings me neatly onto the point of your customers and how to sell the service and the product.

I think you can create two main customer bases, kids parties, and corporate events.

As far as kids parties are concerned, you could try and rent direct, or hook up with another party rental company and cut a deal with them.

Next you could market it to corporate customers, as this might prove a nice fun extra for them, and provide something different.

To that effect, you don't need to advertise the price of it to everyone. I think you need to split up your site (so that it stands alone as 3 separate sites) into kids, corporate, and trade, as each one of those customer streams need different information presented to them in order to make a decisions. For example;

Kids: is it fun?

Corporate: how does it work?

Trade: what will my margins be?

Now let's start to sell it. As has been suggested above, Instagram and Youtube will work very well with this, as it's such a visual product.

I like the suggestion above about setting up a channel and firing different things out of it, or something similar.

Just keep in mind with your marketing that you have 3 different types of customer, do not try and aim every piece of marketing at all of them.

Check out corporate event companies and trade magazines, and target those guys separately.

All in all, it looks like you've got a good product, you just need to polish up its image a bit.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
4lbs of Mentos in to a tub of coke? Hell, I think me and the grandson is going to do that, this weekend! Oh wait, I better wait until the lil woman goes on a trip. I think she has one planned for February. Hopefully I don't forget. :innocent: :halo::innocent: :halo:

That's not even crazy enough. Check these out:

Skip to 3:30 and watch from there.

I guess you guys can try a smaller version of that lol

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Could see this going viral for gender reveals. Nice idea but your website doesn't seem appealing to me. I don't know if anyone else agrees but I hate the black background. You're in the party field, black is so dark to me. Could just be me. I also see no quick links to your social media-- this product is perfect for Instagram. Why don't I see an icon somewhere?

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
- Looking at your website, I have no idea what this thing does or how it works. Those 4 pics underneath the Hero section aren't enough in showcasing it.

- Mostly echoing what others have said, there are two things I'd work on: the website and the copywriting. Need a better structure, more sections to explain it, and the writing itself needs a full revamp to focus on the benefits.

- A quick search shows me I can rent out a full bounce house for $99. You've gotta sell customers on why they want this over a bounce house. It may be new, it may be novel, but it's not without competitors.

- Is this thing safe? What happens if a kid knocks it over and it fires into another kid's face? What if a kid just sticks their face in front of it? Are you protecting yourself from liability here?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
If you can sell 70 why not 700? or 7000? Keep going!

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Name is great, are you sure its just for kids? I bet grownups would love it filled with something else. :p

Last edited:

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I'm a bit confused by how it works and why the price is so high? You need to throw something down the tube for it to "ignite" is there any other launch mechanism?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Read the book "Traction: How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth"

It includes a methodology for how to test various marketing initiatives. In short:

Look at all your options. Rank them to see which ones make the most sense. Test 5-10 of them with small, low-dollar tests and specific objectives. Then choose the best performing few and commit more budget to testing them to see if they're continuously profitable.

But buy the book and read it!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
So this is like another version of the piñata? The cannon is loaded with prizes that launch to the group once the target is hit. Seems safer than swinging a stick.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...