The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just heard a dad tell his son to go the slow lane to get a Lamborghini

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Let me restate in less subtle terms, for those that may be a little slower than others...

If you can't get that concept, that's okay. Not everyone understands everything. But, at least think about it a bit and maybe the light bulb will go on...

You know you and I are like black and white. I'm not slower, I'm just ten steps ahead of you. By the time you leave corporate America, I'll have already sold a business to it. I love making the whole world blind. ;)

If a person isn't for fastlane entrepreneur concepts, then I don't get why they would want to post on a forum who's purpose is just that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
You know you and I are like black and white. I'm not slower, I'm just ten steps ahead of you. By the time you leave corporate America, I'll have already sold a business to it. I love making the whole world blind. ;)

If a person isn't for fastlane entrepreneur concepts, then I don't get why they would want to post on a forum who's purpose is just that?

As far as I know from reading his posts around here he already left corporate america a few years ago, had quite nice success with the equity strategy he described and is now successful in real estate..

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You know you and I are like black and white. I'm not slower, I'm just ten steps ahead of you. By the time you leave corporate America, I'll have already sold a business to it. I love making the whole world blind.

JScott's at least 40 steps ahead of you, bro, lol.

Not everyone is down to run businesses. Some people have tried it and hated it. That's okay. They leverage other Fastlane techniques, like buying real estate, passive income investments, the stock market, forex, etc etc. There's more than one way to be on the Fastlane.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
There are many ways to get rich, not all of them require you to start a business that meets CENTS, run and grow, and then sell. For instance you could buy some guns and start a revolution in a small unstable country and then claim your throne as dictator; boom, you can have all the fancy toys and mansions your little heart desires. You could like Jscott said join a company you know is about to get a big paycheck and take some of that for yourself, start a hedge fund, win the lottery, find an old guy and take over his business, the list goes on and on. Different strokes for different folks, every strategy has pros and cons.

And about the mindless arguing:
[video=youtube;oArDFU_IESQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oArDFU_IESQ[/video]
If we could eliminate all of the endless back and forth tit for tat, and just talk about business and what is working for you and what isn't working for you, we could all get a lot more out of these posts.

:002:

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Not everyone is down to run businesses.
Well, I still stand with my one reply in this thread. Everyone can run a (smaller) business, but most people want that secure 9-5 grind. I bet that if you help people out and boost their egos a bit and show them how it's possible, more of them will start businesses.

In school we are taught to follow the leaders but I believe that we all can become a leader to some degree.

I remember when I first got my eyes up for Internet marketing. I was following those Internet marketing gurus blindly. I even sent a letter by email to one of them and telling him how awesome he was!

Then when you take a step back, you just see that they are just putting themself out there. Making themself experts and doing joint ventures with other experts.

You just has to go for the drivers seats option and take action. And boom, you can make money hand over fist.

Retire in 5-10 years. Or less. :cool:

I still agree that there are many ways to make money. No doubt about that.

Good money that is. But the fastlane is probably one of the better, especially if you want to make a ton of money. :thumbsup:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Jscott. I get what you are saying. There are obviously other paths to get a few million dollars. No doubt! But 7 figures by 40 or whatever coasting along sounds like shit. At 1m you are still living in a modest house, driving modest cars, doing modest things and you certainly are not free if you want to keep your money.

My take on this stuff was that I was ALWAYS an entrepreneur. I never gave a shit in school. I knew I was never going to have to fight for a job or ever look good on paper like the rest of the sheep. I have never once used a resume. I no doubt could have made straight A's at Baylor (where I graduated from w/ a BBA) but I didn't care and made a 2.9. My business at the time took priority. I myself would never be able to make millions in the slowlane because I would be a mediocre employee at best. I just flat out do not care unless it is mine.

I have been an entrepreneur since I was 12 years old. It is in my blood I have always made more money on my own. When you start talking about the probability of making 8 figures instead of 7, a good job with equity starts to fall off a cliff statistically. Only a select few make it to the top of the ladder that way, and loyal servant career junkies would take priority over me.

So your route would never in a million years work for me. I am not saying it can't happen! I just couldn't do it. Too boring and way too little control of my future.

I would die of liver disease making 60k per year on my 45th job.

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
That is my slowlane story. I'm sorry if you think it's lame, but that strategy worked for me, my wife and many of our friends. I guess we're all just slowlane suckers...

I don't even consider that slowlane. You saw an opportunity, grabbed it by the horns, and cashed out. That's the Fastlane strategy. Sometimes you see the fastlane opportunity by being employed by someone else.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Say whatever the you want... Believe whatever the you want... Go after your 1 million, you will be sorely disappointed.

I don't want any part of that job garbage even if it was humanly possible for me. I would seriously be dead mentally if not physically in my 40s.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
oh ya, 7 figures at 40 years old sucks balls LOL :p It's still better than most can ever achieve.
I can vouch for the fact that a million doesn't do jack sh!t, no Ferrari parked out front, no crazy vacations to the four corners of the world, no private jets. A million in 1960 would be 9.5 million today, the term millionaire should be changed to ten-millionaire to carry any significance.

A million won't change your life, but a million used to make 10 million might :p

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
That is my slowlane story. I'm sorry if you think it's lame, but that strategy worked for me, my wife and many of our friends. I guess we're all just slowlane suckers...
Personally... it sounds like you worked for a guy that was fastlane, but I (personally) would not consider that to be fastlane.

I get the impression that you think much higher of the employees at that company than the guy who took the risk and started it all. Obviously I have more respect for the contrary.

:tiphat:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Jscott. I get what you are saying. There are obviously other paths to get a few million dollars. No doubt! But 7 figures by 40 or whatever coasting along sounds like shit. At 1m you are still living in a modest house, driving modest cars, doing modest things and you certainly are not free if you want to keep your money.

My take on this stuff was that I was ALWAYS an entrepreneur. I never gave a shit in school. I knew I was never going to have to fight for a job or ever look good on paper like the rest of the sheep. I have never once used a resume. I no doubt could have made straight A's at Baylor (where I graduated from w/ a BBA) but I didn't care and made a 2.9. My business at the time took priority. I myself would never be able to make millions in the slowlane because I would be a mediocre employee at best. I just flat out do not care unless it is mine.

I have been an entrepreneur since I was 12 years old. It is in my blood I have always made more money on my own. When you start talking about the probability of making 8 figures instead of 7, a good job with equity starts to fall off a cliff statistically. Only a select few make it to the top of the ladder that way, and loyal servant career junkies would take priority over me.

So your route would never in a million years work for me. I am not saying it can't happen! I just couldn't do it. Too boring and way too little control of my future.

I would die of liver disease making 60k per year on my 45th job.

There you go.

Some people are built for it, some are not.

If you're not, you're still welcome at the Fastlane Forum.

(Not only this, but some people are simply really shitty employees. They couldn't do it if they tried. They'd get hired and then fired the next week for doing something that they weren't supposed to.)

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Damn I hate jobs. But there was this one time when I said, oh shit I need 13K more to put into my start-up in less than 24 hours. Then I remembered that I had a job and for the first time in my life I had actually saved money. Then I started to love jobs.

howandwhy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 20, 2011
I told you it was my "slowlane" story...I never claimed it was a fastlane story...

Of course, my wife and I took our slowlane money (she made more than I did using a similar strategy), retired from the slowlane and now we are entrepreneurs. In fact, over the past 4 years, my wife and have made 7-figures (just barely) as entrepreneurs as well. So, I've made 7-figures as an employee and as an entrepreneur. I expect that in the next couple years we'll have made 7-figures (and hopefully much more) in something that is truly fastlane -- passively investing in other people's businesses (we do some angel investing in technology companies as well).

Can I pitch you for an angel investment for my startup?

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
That's my story...what about you?
Let's compare where we are at ages, how about that. Considering how much older you are than I, it wouldn't exactly be fair if I compared my success to a 7 year old now would it?

Have you sold your company yet (the one you were going to sell before I exited the corporate world :))? Have you accomplished anything that has generated a lot of money yet? If not, don't you think your time would be better spent focusing on building your skill-set and building your business as opposed to throwing around insults at someone who has accomplished more than you likely ever will?
I said an eye for an eye with my insults. You can clearly dish it out but you obviously can't take it.:smilielol:

Now get back to work on your website or whatever it is you think is going to make you rich...you've got a lot of catching up to do...
Sorry JScott, I can't take you seriously. But in the meantime, I'll definitely buy some energy drinks and laundry detergent from you. You do have an Amway business right? I just assumed, but you know what that implies!

:smxG:

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Sure...how old are you?
I'm 22. Several "successful" businesses under my belt and that cushy corporate experience under my belt too. I say "successful" because they all required labor to continue generating revenue. They were basically like flipping houses, very profitable, but not a golden venture.

You still haven't convinced me that you can afford soda and laundry detergent...
I don't need to.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
WTF, It's sad to see respected members get into an internet testosterone war.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
You guys don't get along, agree to disagree for f*cks sake and move past this. [/endthread]

Don't make me post another Thumper video, I'll do it!

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I'm 22. Several "successful" businesses under my belt and that cushy corporate experience under my belt too.

Your an ex-Microsoft employee and running a tech startup, and yet you insult one of the few members of this forum who is already successful in that industry, has offered to consider angel investment opportunities, has key connections and who seems friendly, open and is actively offering advice.

You obviously didn't learn much in the corporate world, I wouldn't be insulting the guy, I'd be offering to pay for lunch...

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Your an ex-Microsoft employee and running a tech startup, and yet you insult one of the few members of this forum who is already successful in that industry, has offered to consider angel investment opportunities, has key connections and who seems friendly, open and is actively offering advice.

You obviously didn't learn much in the corporate world, I wouldn't be insulting the guy, I'd be offering to pay for lunch...

Be my guest, go for it. He hasn't accomplished a single one of my goals, so why would I be asking him for advice? His advice is un-solicited on my end. If any of you care to take a look in the speedway... I'm already talking with VC's who actually have started, run, and sold tech companies; not just worked at them. Those are the guys I take to lunch, shut my mouth, listen intently, and truly appreciate and admire.

ps. I'd appreciate if the slowlane 9-5 group, OzGrinder, LamboMP, and JScott would stop trolling my threads. I've said it ten times before and I'll say it again, we're reading from two completely different books of life and agree on absolutely nothing.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
That's it im done

kids-fighting.jpg

[video=youtube;XRGd0gD0QNE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGd0gD0QNE[/video]

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Oh, we're not being serious...we're just having some fun with each other...

In fact, I'm getting ready to head out to dinner and I plan to leave him a big tip if he ends up waiting on us... :)
Sorry, I don't work at McDonalds. Your wife told me over a nice lobster dinner about how you never let her order anything that's not on the dollar menu.

PS. I NEVER called her back.

:smilielol:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think we can all agree on the following:

1) Fastlane isn't for everyone.
2) Slowlane isn't for everyone.
3) Entrepreneurship isn't for everyone.
4) Jobs aren't for everyone.
5) Making millions in "corporate" isn't impossible, or unachievable. (Just look at INSIDERS sales for public corporations.)
6) "Go to school and good a good job" may not be the best advice in a general context to make millions, the exception of course is if you happen to live in SF, NYC, Austin, or other startup hot-beds.
7) A 90's Lambo can pretty much be afforded by anyone who wants one bad enough.

That's it im done

As am I.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm reopening this thread. Those who hijacked it have been "thread-banned" from commenting further.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
"Having money's not everything, not having it is." - found this to be very true.

Another way brilliantly put by Jewish folk - "Having money not as good, as not having money is bad."

When you have money, you can worry about bigger things - how to get a girl worthy to be your wife, what should my life be about?

when you have no money, you have very specific thing to worry about, rent, bills, can I afford a drink?

At least that's how it is for me. It's not happiness that goes up, but it's easier to be grateful and understand how good of a position you're in, and then it can lead to happiness. But that's a chain you gotta work through. Happiness isn't magic, it's a process.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.