- Joined
- May 31, 2013
- Messages
- 95
Rep Bank
$515
$515
User Power: 107%
Graduated high school yesterday. The plan right now is to go to a good (aka expensive) college in January. I was convinced for a long time college wasn't for me but I've sort of succumbed to the pressure. I'll see what happens by January I guess and I'll go as long as I feel it's worth it and as long as I can pay for it (no loans for me). This is a great school anyway so I've got to give it a go.
Yes, I know I don't sound convinced of this decision. I'm not! But after lots of thought, some WADM, I've decided this is what I should do. Who knows, maybe I'll have a different plan by January.
Time to build something. I want to build an ecommerce business solving a problem I've had for a long time. It's been staring at me in the face and I've only just now realized the opportunity. I've only done a bit of research so far. I think what I need to do first is buy a bunch of competitors' products and test them to get a better idea of what I want.
I also have a lot of progress to make mentally. I used to be super driven and committed to my work and very positive as well. During this school year, I've been slacking like crazy, feeling like crap, anxiety problems. I remembered how motivated I used to be and asked myself how did I first get into that mindset? What have I changed since then?
It's frustrating. Really need to work to build my drive, discipline, and positivity again.
My main thing used to be publishing. That went really well for a while. I think I had that problem when you reach your goals and then don't know what to do afterwards and you feel lost/unfulfilled. Published last book in October 2015. I stopped because (1) didn't feel like doing it anymore (2) Amazon changed their policies so I was making like 1/3 as much anyway and (3) I don't know. My books are still bringing <$1k/month so that's nice. Used to feel so special! But now I don't think much of it? I may look at publishing again to give my books a jump. Love that passive income!
Yes, I know I don't sound convinced of this decision. I'm not! But after lots of thought, some WADM, I've decided this is what I should do. Who knows, maybe I'll have a different plan by January.
Time to build something. I want to build an ecommerce business solving a problem I've had for a long time. It's been staring at me in the face and I've only just now realized the opportunity. I've only done a bit of research so far. I think what I need to do first is buy a bunch of competitors' products and test them to get a better idea of what I want.
I also have a lot of progress to make mentally. I used to be super driven and committed to my work and very positive as well. During this school year, I've been slacking like crazy, feeling like crap, anxiety problems. I remembered how motivated I used to be and asked myself how did I first get into that mindset? What have I changed since then?
It's frustrating. Really need to work to build my drive, discipline, and positivity again.
My main thing used to be publishing. That went really well for a while. I think I had that problem when you reach your goals and then don't know what to do afterwards and you feel lost/unfulfilled. Published last book in October 2015. I stopped because (1) didn't feel like doing it anymore (2) Amazon changed their policies so I was making like 1/3 as much anyway and (3) I don't know. My books are still bringing <$1k/month so that's nice. Used to feel so special! But now I don't think much of it? I may look at publishing again to give my books a jump. Love that passive income!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
