Michael Stizza
New Contributor
- Joined
- Mar 12, 2016
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$125
$125
User Power: 360%
Hey guys,
I have been a lurker of this forum for quite some time. I have always enjoyed reading the stories of success, failures, business lessons, and so forth. The time has come for my own adventure and I want to share my story.
A little background about me: I am currently an Engineer for Cisco Systems and have always loved my jobs in the Tech industry. At the beginning of the year, I made it a goal to own and operate my own business. The only real problem being I had no idea what exactly I wanted to be involved in. I dabbled in stocks, floated the idea of consulting services, and so on. Flash forward 5 months later; I have been given an incredible opporuntity to own and operate a business by a successful businessman in the local area and am imminently approaching the closing date of my first business acquisition.
The Inspiration
There have been so many positive and inspirational people in my life I couldn't possible list them all. But, for me, the biggest catalyst would have to be Marcus Lemonis. I am a huge fan of the show "The Profit" which I understand is heavily condensed and only gives a macro-view of everyday business life. Still, I found it in incredibly inspiring to see someone handle multiple businesses across all facets of industry. I love his management style and obviously he is doing something right.
The Business
I have started my own investment company, SSE Enterprises LLC. The most apt description I can make is it is a multi-industrial investment group. I don't feel bound by any single venue of business and want to grow in diversity. This idea draws direct inspiration from Mr. Lemonis and I hope to capture the success he has seen with his style.
My Goals
On the superficial side, it goes without saying I want to achieve financial independence. My dream car is a Lamborghini Aventador in Arancio Argos. Big house with a state of the art home theater system, all of it.
On the personal side, nothing is more important to me than being a positive influence on the people granting me the privilege of their time. I want to pass on the values of professionalism, generosity, and leadership that I have been very fortunate to have instilled in me. If I can go to bed knowing I have improved someone's life either financially, professionally, or personally than I am a happy man.
First Steps
I am blessed to have a full time Engineering position that allows for A LOT of time flexibility. As I mentioned, I have been granted an amazing opporuntity to takeover a business in my local area. It is a Frozen Yogurt shop with a very simple business model and works well with my current full time job.
The business makes money today and I have plans to expand our market, cut costs, and drive revenue forward. Also, drastically improving our employee experience and creating what I am calling "Best First Job". I'll be posting updates to my YouTube channel on specifics, so feel free to drop by and check it out sometime!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RollerRolled
This will be the first of, what I intend to be, many profitable ventures. I don't expect they will all be home runs but business is a marathon. See you guys at the finish line.
I have been a lurker of this forum for quite some time. I have always enjoyed reading the stories of success, failures, business lessons, and so forth. The time has come for my own adventure and I want to share my story.
A little background about me: I am currently an Engineer for Cisco Systems and have always loved my jobs in the Tech industry. At the beginning of the year, I made it a goal to own and operate my own business. The only real problem being I had no idea what exactly I wanted to be involved in. I dabbled in stocks, floated the idea of consulting services, and so on. Flash forward 5 months later; I have been given an incredible opporuntity to own and operate a business by a successful businessman in the local area and am imminently approaching the closing date of my first business acquisition.
The Inspiration
There have been so many positive and inspirational people in my life I couldn't possible list them all. But, for me, the biggest catalyst would have to be Marcus Lemonis. I am a huge fan of the show "The Profit" which I understand is heavily condensed and only gives a macro-view of everyday business life. Still, I found it in incredibly inspiring to see someone handle multiple businesses across all facets of industry. I love his management style and obviously he is doing something right.
The Business
I have started my own investment company, SSE Enterprises LLC. The most apt description I can make is it is a multi-industrial investment group. I don't feel bound by any single venue of business and want to grow in diversity. This idea draws direct inspiration from Mr. Lemonis and I hope to capture the success he has seen with his style.
My Goals
On the superficial side, it goes without saying I want to achieve financial independence. My dream car is a Lamborghini Aventador in Arancio Argos. Big house with a state of the art home theater system, all of it.
On the personal side, nothing is more important to me than being a positive influence on the people granting me the privilege of their time. I want to pass on the values of professionalism, generosity, and leadership that I have been very fortunate to have instilled in me. If I can go to bed knowing I have improved someone's life either financially, professionally, or personally than I am a happy man.
First Steps
I am blessed to have a full time Engineering position that allows for A LOT of time flexibility. As I mentioned, I have been granted an amazing opporuntity to takeover a business in my local area. It is a Frozen Yogurt shop with a very simple business model and works well with my current full time job.
The business makes money today and I have plans to expand our market, cut costs, and drive revenue forward. Also, drastically improving our employee experience and creating what I am calling "Best First Job". I'll be posting updates to my YouTube channel on specifics, so feel free to drop by and check it out sometime!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RollerRolled
This will be the first of, what I intend to be, many profitable ventures. I don't expect they will all be home runs but business is a marathon. See you guys at the finish line.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
