The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just finished school and now i'm lost (said no one ever)

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

jsbjdb10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 6, 2024
Well, I'm not completely lost. But like many others my age i think it's hard to envision the path forward. I'm determined to aim for a future in which i own my own business and become financially independent. However I also want to create something of value rather than chasing immediately money. So at this point, I've read a couple of business books (Millionaire Fastlane , Traction, Made To Stick, Dotcom secrets etc..) but i don't know where to go next. Should i learn more, like in a specific niche or maybe pick up skills in coding? Or maybe get a college degree in business? Should i just start trying to develop a product/ service and figure it out as i go? Mainly I'm doing this post as a call to action for myself, hoping to see if anyone could bestow me upon some advice, tips or encouragement.

Thanks for your time! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KJFast

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Dec 8, 2023
Where are you from? From my experience, just start with something. Running a business even if not fastlane will teach you loads

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Yes, you should always be learning about new niches to find those which interest you. Self-education starts when school ends. How you want to learn is up to you.

It's a good idea to not chase money. It's not that interesting. The idea of money is enticing due to the many possibilities, freedom and power it can provide. The money acts on our fantasy, but this ability to imagine exists even when we lack money. The question of how to provide value in a sustainable (profitable) way is more interesting. It requires you to solve real problems for real people. When you later become rich, how you spend your wealth is a you-problem.

jsbjdb10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 6, 2024
Where are you from? From my experience, just start with something. Running a business even if not fastlane will teach you loads
I'm from Sweden. Do you have any recommendation for what to start with? E-commerce / Coaching / Freelancing / Retail / Simple SaaS / Course?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I'm from Sweden. Do you have any recommendation for what to start with? E-commerce / Coaching / Freelancing / Retail / Simple SaaS / Course?
Stop watching YouTube.

Start with what you know. What did you study at school?

KJFast

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Dec 8, 2023
Find a need or paint point and solve it. Learn how to do this most of all

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Things are warming up, days are getting longer, so what do your immediate neighbours typically do at this time of year that you could offer to do for them?

It doesn't need to be exciting, just something that you can do relatively easily and someone will pay you even a nominal sum to do it.

Dan

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I studied natural science but it’s not really something I’m that interested in.

Needed to hear that youtube part!
Maybe not but there’s a ton of potential there, everything from learning tools for students to industrial processes, inventing, etc etc. Is there a field you are interested in you can apply your science skills to?

I’m a big fan of start with what you know.

Last edited:

jsbjdb10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 6, 2024
Things are warming up, days are getting longer, so what do your immediate neighbours typically do at this time of year that you could offer to do for them?

It doesn't need to be exciting, just something that you can do relatively easily and someone will pay you even a nominal sum to do it.

Dan
Hmmm, I’ve been thinking about creating an alarm clock with a unique twist by giving you mission/ tasks to complete a soon as you wake up but might be too ambitios for a starting project. But maybe i should just give it a try

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
As a one off purchase gimmick you may be surprised.

Have you done military service?

An alarm clock barking out orders like an NCO at 0400 could be just the ticket.

Dan

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Hmmm, I’ve been thinking about creating an alarm clock with a unique twist by giving you mission/ tasks to complete a soon as you wake up but might be too ambitios for a starting project. But maybe i should just give it a try
Raspberry Pi and a case... if you did science that should be possible

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@BigMoneyMoves turn $1 into $2. start there.

But @ZCP , how? Exactly

Start finding and seeing opportunities / connections / value / issues to solve. One will grab you and a business / career will spark.

jsbjdb10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 6, 2024
Thank yall for the advice!
I will stop watching youtube, start finding issues to solve with what I know, and try to learn as much as possible along the way. Might update in the future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.