The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Journey started and first deal closed!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

m1nu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 11, 2020
Switzerland
Hi all!

First of all a little introduction of myself.
On Sunday i will get 30 years old, from Switzerland and my side business is the following:

Maybe for understanding, i have to explain how the education-system here in Switzerland works.
After you finish the so called "oberstufe" (it's like the high school in the US) you have two possibilities. You can go to the university or learn a job. If you learn a job (it takes mostly about 3-4 years) you go to 2-3 days to school for learning essential topics and the rest of the days you work at the company and learn all the essential skills for your job and gain experience. Now one of the most chosen jobs in this position is the commercial apprenticeship. It's a very generalistic job and you have different possibilities where to work in the future. You can be accountant, clerk, work in the marketing and further on.

Now a long time ago i also went this path and afterwards i went to the university. One thing i realized when i did the commercial apprenticeship, is that one school topic is the accounting, and it's the topic most students struggle with. Mostly because it isn't tangible for them or it is too abstract. It's not only in the interest of the students to be good in school but it's also in the interest of the companies which gave them the possibility to learn the job at their place.

One year i head the idea that it would be great if you have a video course in which all the essential accounting topics are explained in a more exciting and funny way than it school. In my opinion if you can visualize such topics, the percentage of things you can keep is much higher.
Now after a few hundred hours of scriptwriting, editing with vyond, voice-over, quality-control from tutors, website creating and more i finally had my online-course with about 3.5 hours of playtime. First i just planned to combine the videos with a few multiple choice questions for the learning effect. But now i've chosen to use LearnDash which gives me many more possibilities with: fill in-questions, single-choice, matrix-questions and more. So now it's not just a little video course, its more a LMS including explanation Videos.
Beginning of this mont i just started freestyle a social media account for marketing and not even 24 hours after starting the first company contacted me. They got 23 student's which are doing the commercial apprenticeship. So the first deal was closed (gave them a special price because its like a testing phase and they are the first customer). Now after a few weeks later i received the first feedbacks from their students and they are overall happy with the course. The said, that they learned topics in my videos, which they didn't understand at school. So it's a great feedback!

Keep you updated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tearlach99

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 17, 2020
Fairfax, Virginia
Hi all!

First of all a little introduction of myself.
On Sunday i will get 30 years old, from Switzerland and my side business is the following:

Maybe for understanding, i have to explain how the education-system here in Switzerland works.
After you finish the so called "oberstufe" (it's like the high school in the US) you have two possibilities. You can go to the university or learn a job. If you learn a job (it takes mostly about 3-4 years) you go to 2-3 days to school for learning essential topics and the rest of the days you work at the company and learn all the essential skills for your job and gain experience. Now one of the most chosen jobs in this position is the commercial apprenticeship. It's a very generalistic job and you have different possibilities where to work in the future. You can be accountant, clerk, work in the marketing and further on.

Now a long time ago i also went this path and afterwards i went to the university. One thing i realized when i did the commercial apprenticeship, is that one school topic is the accounting, and it's the topic most students struggle with. Mostly because it isn't tangible for them or it is too abstract. It's not only in the interest of the students to be good in school but it's also in the interest of the companies which gave them the possibility to learn the job at their place.

One year i head the idea that it would be great if you have a video course in which all the essential accounting topics are explained in a more exciting and funny way than it school. In my opinion if you can visualize such topics, the percentage of things you can keep is much higher.
Now after a few hundred hours of scriptwriting, editing with vyond, voice-over, quality-control from tutors, website creating and more i finally had my online-course with about 3.5 hours of playtime. First i just planned to combine the videos with a few multiple choice questions for the learning effect. But now i've chosen to use LearnDash which gives me many more possibilities with: fill in-questions, single-choice, matrix-questions and more. So now it's not just a little video course, its more a LMS including explanation Videos.
Beginning of this mont i just started freestyle a social media account for marketing and not even 24 hours after starting the first company contacted me. They got 23 student's which are doing the commercial apprenticeship. So the first deal was closed (gave them a special price because its like a testing phase and they are the first customer). Now after a few weeks later i received the first feedbacks from their students and they are overall happy with the course. The said, that they learned topics in my videos, which they didn't understand at school. So it's a great feedback!

Keep you updated!
Congrats on taking action! I look forward to reading more about this!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.