The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Join me on a bucket list Entrepreneur's African Safari

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@biophase, could you please post an update here when there are only a few spots left? I'm watching the sales page, but it still says "Currently 6 of 15 spots are filled" despite a few people here saying they've joined.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
@biophase, could you please post an update here when there are only a few spots left? I'm watching the sales page, but it still says "Currently 6 of 15 spots are filled" despite a few people here saying they've joined.

Haven't bought my ticket yet but better believe I'm going! Actually I should be able to pay for my plane this trip with miles wooooooo! :-D

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

People have not officially joined until I receive a deposit. I don't think that the spots will all go that fast as the trip is still 9 months away and it's a fairly expensive trip. If you'd really like to go, I suggest putting down the deposit when you are sure you can go.

I am also advertising this trip on other business forums and entrepreneurial circles, so you can't really judge its interest by the responses on this forum. Also, the sales page will probably only be updated every week or so. It's not meant to be a real time indication of the number of people on the trip.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
You know... I've had this theory for a while. Being a fighter all my life and training in the martial arts I know that size and strength doesn't necessarily make the better fighter. With enough training, skill, and maybe a little luck any man (or woman) could beat any other man (or woman) on a good day.

But now how bad a$$ would I be if I could fight say... a grizzly bear? Now all of a sudden I become one of the greatest warriors of all time! I mean wouldn't you guys go around telling the story "Kung Fu Steve elbowed a rhinoceros in the FACE!" or "He took down a lion with just ONE KICK!"

So I think that may be my next physical goal... although I am thinking I'll start a little easier... anyone have a cute bunny rabbit I can fight or something along those lines? I gotta work my way up before Africa.
I was attacked by a mountain goat at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. There were three of us on a trail. We were on a 48 mile trek and were 30 some miles into it. Two goats began heading our way at a full speed run from a hundred yards away or so. It took a second before I realized that one of them was coming straight at me. My companions disappeared. It was just seconds before it was right in front of me with head down and horns out. I yelled and charged back. It skidded to a stop and ran the other way only to turn and charge again. I did the same thing and braced for impact. It turned at the last second and went another direction.

My friends came out of the cracks in the cliff wall. One of them said "We were right there with you". Uh-huh...

A goat... How would I explain that? Beat up by a goat... :rockon:

D

DeletedUser394

@biophase

For future trips are you going to set up a proper payment thing (the name escapes me at the moment), where a person can just input their CC online to pay? Instead of calling in or filling out that form and scanning it, etc.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
@biophase

For future trips are you going to set up a proper payment thing (the name escapes me at the moment), where a person can just input their CC online to pay? Instead of calling in or filling out that form and scanning it, etc.

That is already set up, look at payment option #1 on your form.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I was attacked by a mountain goat at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. There were three of us on a trail. We were on a 48 mile trek and were 30 some miles into it. Two goats began heading our way at a full speed run from a hundred yards away or so. It took a second before I realized that one of them was coming straight at me. My companions disappeared. It was just seconds before it was right in front of me with head down and horns out. I yelled and charged back. It skidded to a stop and ran the other way only to turn and charge again. I did the same thing and braced for impact. It turned at the last second and went another direction.

My friends came out of the cracks in the cliff wall. One of them said "We were right there with you". Uh-huh...

A goat... How would I explain that? Beat up by a goat... :rockon:

Hahaha you know I used to have a goat. "Baby" was her name... they are harmless enough :p

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
There are 6 spots left. 9 out of 15 are booked.

@Kung Fu Steve - Are you in?

99.87%

I just need to double check UPW Dallas dates (which haven't been published yet) but I should be able to sneak away no problem!

I should get you money, shouldn't I? :p

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
99.87%

I just need to double check UPW Dallas dates (which haven't been published yet) but I should be able to sneak away no problem!

I should get you money, shouldn't I? :p

Yes, send me some money!

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
If there's any way you can swing it, go. It is a trip of a lifetime. A real eery feeling out there knowing you are not at the top of the food chain. Exhilarating to say the least. I went to Botswana for 2 weeks to 3 different camps. You get so close to the wild game too.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Natgeo has a show called Safari Live on right now. Basically shows what's safari is like and its broadcasting live, so I hope we see some cool stuff.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Make sure to bring the Go Pro!

I'm sure your travel videos will inspire many others to follow in your footsteps and plan for 2017 if the don't make is to this upcoming one.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Just thought I'd give this a slight bump since we are 3 months out and I will be closing out the sign ups in a few weeks.

You don't want to miss this trip!

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I've always wanted to go on a Safari! I love guns but don't care to hunt. I will be the awkward photographer.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
The more time you spend in Africa, the more you want to go back. It's such an immense and diverse continent... it's just crazy.

Never been to Tanzania, but my favorite trip every was having a local drive a friend an me across Kenya for 6 days.
Sounds just like this trip. It was my best Africa trip ever, and a top 3 trip in the world. Just gorgeous and humbling in how small it makes you feel.
(it is a little weird thinking of being in some strange places, with wild animals, and you're staying at a fancy resort.... I never quite got over that, but enjoyed the tent camping most of all the accommodations).

I won't be joining you guys (you don't know me anyway, I could be crazy dude...) got some other hustles going on that time of year.
This would be a fun trip to join in on.

I encourage anyone, if they haven't been to Africa or spent time in the bush, to go on trips like this.
You will never ever regret time spent in this amazing place.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
This is not a hunting safari. We just go to see and photograph animals.
Yea I finally say that when I dug back to the original post. I checked out the website and it looks awesome!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This was our only relaxing moment. The rest of the time has been spent chasing animals or visiting villages.

2016-05-11 14.32.38.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Was a pack that we were able to get right next to. We have gotten very close to many animals. Some don't like us though. It is taking a lot of time to download so will post more next week.2016-05-11 14.59.11 (1).jpg

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Safari 1.jpg Safari 6.jpg Safari 5.jpg Safari 3.jpg Here are some friendlier pictures. A little cropping, but straight off the camera with no editing.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
And the last ones. The internet here is surprisingly awesome for being in the middle of the Serengeti, but pretty poor compared to what I am normally used to!

Safari 7.jpg Safari 8.jpg Safari 9.jpg Safari 2.jpg

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This trip was fantastic!

Seeing the animals in the wild was very fun. They were everywhere! We were able to take the safari vehicle up close to many of them. Some of them did not pay us any attention. Others, like the elephants, would let us know to move away.

Shannon and I went on a hiking tour with a guide and a ranger (loaded ak47). We walked through the brush and grass which took us right through the middle of the animals. They mostly just stared at us and moved out of the way. Most of them would let the vehicles get close but this was not the case while we were on foot. It was exhilarating though.

Our guide told us that the lions, hyena's and other critters wouldn't bother us. The only animal they were concerned with would be the water buffalo. And only then if they were injured. We saw one with a rather large wound so just steered clear of them.

I also enjoyed watching the local culture. The guides were very proud of their heritage which was obvious in the information they passed along to us. We saw a lot of the local tribes. The largest one was the Massai (Maassai). They roamed the countryside wrapped in red or purple blankets. Some were carrying supplies, herding livestock, traveling to markets, etc... We saw teenage boys dressed in black and wearing paint on their faces. They were celebrating becoming of age and being circumcised.

We visited a village and were given a tour of the huts and school. I will post pics later. The huts were so small. There was barely room inside to lay down. I could barely crouch low enough to get in the door and was not able to stand inside. It was clear that they did not spend much time inside. They did not cook inside the village. They had a separate area where they prepared meat. Some of it was hanging on the brush drying out while parts were being cooked.

Some had multiple wives. Each wife would setup and manage individual huts. The men would visit them but not live there. A wife could be purchased for 10 cows.

Jobs were separated by gender and age. Boys would manage the herds of livestock and could be seen wandering the wilderness with only a stick. No water bottles or any other supplies that I could see. There were kids that appeared to be as young as 5 out with a herd by themselves. I asked the guide about the risk of lions and other large predators. He said that the tribes protected the animals and knew how to handle them.

The best part of the trip was spending all our time together. We were in the tour vehicles for hours at a time and were together at the resorts the rest of the time. It was great getting to know everyone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.