The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Join me on a bucket list Entrepreneur's African Safari

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi, I’m Kenric. Most of you know me on the forum here as biophase. What many of you do not know is that I am also in the travel industry and have been running trips abroad for over 5 years. In May 2016 my safari company will be hosting another one of our entrepreneurial meetup/bucket list trips and I wanted to extend an invitation to fastlane members and anyone up for a little adventure and business networking.

What's the deal?

If any of you have an African Safari as one of your bucket list trips, then you do not want to miss out on this. I have put together a custom 7 day safari in Tanzania that will put you smack in the middle of the Serengeti, literally swimming with elephants. Don't believe me, check out this photo I took last year.

custom-african-safaris.jpg

On this 7 day African Safari Entrepreneurial Retreat, we will visit the world famous Serengeti, the Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire National Park. We will see countless elephants, wildebeests, zebras, giraffes and impala. We will also see, of course, the awesome lion. If we are lucky we may even see a cheetah stalk its prey, or a pack of hyenas fighting over a meal.

We will be staying in rustic, large tented camps and traditional lodges. The tented camped will be situated right in the middle of where the action is. It is very common to get four legged visitors at night. We will be spending one afternoon and overnight at the Four Seasons which is a 5 star resort built right in the middle of the Serengeti.

oldvuai-tented-camp.jpg

four-seasons-serengeti.jpg

Ok, What else is the deal?

As if just going on a safari was not enough, you’ll also meet some of the prominent members of the forum here, have a ton of fun, and most importantly get an opportunity many of us miss out on – the opportunity to “talk shop” with smart, successful, positive-minded people.

This opportunity will give you a chance to expand your mind. Traveling to any other country, let alone a continent such as Africa, will open your eyes to a whole new world. New experiences, means new methods of thinking, seeing new problems means seeing new solutions.

3 years ago I had a friend who was at a crossroads. He had just quit his job that he hated and was struggling to come up with a business idea with any potential.

At the time he was stressed daily and only had $10k to his name – which was quickly vanishing.

After a quick chat I convinced him to do something most people would think is incredibly stupid… spend some of the last of his savings on a bucket list trip. After all, somewhere in the 4-hour-work-week it says something along the lines of “what’s the worst that could happen?” In all honesty, I was just trying to get him to do something relaxing for once so that he could reboot himself. And I did not want to go on this trip alone.

With no business, no plans, no ideas, and a dwindling savings account…

He took the risk.

Neither one of us knew it at the time but during this trip we each found a real need in the marketplace that would serve as the foundation for his new successful business. There was a pain point within this bucket list trip and we quickly found out that others on the trip had the same issue as we did.

Fast forward to today.

Based on this information, my friend launched his company 8 months after the trip and I am happy to say that it brought in over $1 million in its first year.

In hindsight, that trip was a turning point in his life.

I'm not saying that you will find your million dollar business on this trip. But, you won't know what problems need to be solved, or what else is out there in the world without leaving your couch.

That’s why I’m highly recommending you come with myself and a handful of other fastlaners on the bucket list adventure of a lifetime.

You can see all of the details right here

Why should you join us?

If you are like me, most of us entrepreneurs work from the comfort of their home offices. It’s a blessing and a curse.

We all know that entrepreneurship can sometimes be a lonely road. And while teambuilding and conferences still exists in the corporate world… there are not many outings or getaways where independent business owners can connect with like-minded individuals while checking off a bucket list item.

So come with me to this unique setting to network and connect with others and experience a once in a lifetime trip. As a member of this forum, you will get a 15% discount of the listed price.

If this is sounding like something you want to do, check out our page here.

ExpedologyGreenText small.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
And the last ones. The internet here is surprisingly awesome for being in the middle of the Serengeti, but pretty poor compared to what I am normally used to!

Safari 7.jpg Safari 8.jpg Safari 9.jpg Safari 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This trip was fantastic!

Seeing the animals in the wild was very fun. They were everywhere! We were able to take the safari vehicle up close to many of them. Some of them did not pay us any attention. Others, like the elephants, would let us know to move away.

Shannon and I went on a hiking tour with a guide and a ranger (loaded ak47). We walked through the brush and grass which took us right through the middle of the animals. They mostly just stared at us and moved out of the way. Most of them would let the vehicles get close but this was not the case while we were on foot. It was exhilarating though.

Our guide told us that the lions, hyena's and other critters wouldn't bother us. The only animal they were concerned with would be the water buffalo. And only then if they were injured. We saw one with a rather large wound so just steered clear of them.

I also enjoyed watching the local culture. The guides were very proud of their heritage which was obvious in the information they passed along to us. We saw a lot of the local tribes. The largest one was the Massai (Maassai). They roamed the countryside wrapped in red or purple blankets. Some were carrying supplies, herding livestock, traveling to markets, etc... We saw teenage boys dressed in black and wearing paint on their faces. They were celebrating becoming of age and being circumcised.

We visited a village and were given a tour of the huts and school. I will post pics later. The huts were so small. There was barely room inside to lay down. I could barely crouch low enough to get in the door and was not able to stand inside. It was clear that they did not spend much time inside. They did not cook inside the village. They had a separate area where they prepared meat. Some of it was hanging on the brush drying out while parts were being cooked.

Some had multiple wives. Each wife would setup and manage individual huts. The men would visit them but not live there. A wife could be purchased for 10 cows.

Jobs were separated by gender and age. Boys would manage the herds of livestock and could be seen wandering the wilderness with only a stick. No water bottles or any other supplies that I could see. There were kids that appeared to be as young as 5 out with a herd by themselves. I asked the guide about the risk of lions and other large predators. He said that the tribes protected the animals and knew how to handle them.

The best part of the trip was spending all our time together. We were in the tour vehicles for hours at a time and were together at the resorts the rest of the time. It was great getting to know everyone.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Safari 1.jpg Safari 6.jpg Safari 5.jpg Safari 3.jpg Here are some friendlier pictures. A little cropping, but straight off the camera with no editing.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Was a pack that we were able to get right next to. We have gotten very close to many animals. Some don't like us though. It is taking a lot of time to download so will post more next week.2016-05-11 14.59.11 (1).jpg

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This was our only relaxing moment. The rest of the time has been spent chasing animals or visiting villages.

2016-05-11 14.32.38.jpg

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
You know... I've had this theory for a while. Being a fighter all my life and training in the martial arts I know that size and strength doesn't necessarily make the better fighter. With enough training, skill, and maybe a little luck any man (or woman) could beat any other man (or woman) on a good day.

But now how bad a$$ would I be if I could fight say... a grizzly bear? Now all of a sudden I become one of the greatest warriors of all time! I mean wouldn't you guys go around telling the story "Kung Fu Steve elbowed a rhinoceros in the FACE!" or "He took down a lion with just ONE KICK!"

So I think that may be my next physical goal... although I am thinking I'll start a little easier... anyone have a cute bunny rabbit I can fight or something along those lines? I gotta work my way up before Africa.
I was attacked by a mountain goat at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. There were three of us on a trail. We were on a 48 mile trek and were 30 some miles into it. Two goats began heading our way at a full speed run from a hundred yards away or so. It took a second before I realized that one of them was coming straight at me. My companions disappeared. It was just seconds before it was right in front of me with head down and horns out. I yelled and charged back. It skidded to a stop and ran the other way only to turn and charge again. I did the same thing and braced for impact. It turned at the last second and went another direction.

My friends came out of the cracks in the cliff wall. One of them said "We were right there with you". Uh-huh...

A goat... How would I explain that? Beat up by a goat... :rockon:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

VinceT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Oct 20, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
This trip was fantastic!
The best part of the trip was spending all our time together. We were in the tour vehicles for hours at a time and were together at the resorts the rest of the time. It was great getting to know everyone.

Great summary! It was the best trip I have ever been on..

As you can see, @SteveO asked lots of questions, eventually started to get one word answers haha.
SteveO: Hey Sayed, what are those buildings over there? Sayed: Buildings.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm not sure I want to be visited by a four legged creature while I'm sleeping..haha
It sounds amazing! I would love to do something like this.

That's the best part of a safari! When you wake up and you aren't sure if you stomach growled or it was a lion. Or when you wake up because you think that someone is moving a piano upstairs and you realize that you are in a single story building, and find out the next morning that it was a herd of wildebeest running from 4 lions. Both true stories!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
For those contemplating going next time... I'm not one for spending money irresponsibly if you don't have it. But if you are on the fence and have the funds to do any trip like this in the future.

Think about this, I have never heard anyone say ever, "I wish I had never spent that $5,000 on that African safari 5 years ago." But I know alot of people who regret getting that 70" flat screen or that nicer car.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
When you wake up and you aren't sure if you stomach growled or it was a lion.

For anyone who has never been to the wilds of Africa, I would encourage you to go. It will be a hugely rewarding experience. If possible get out on a game walk, nothing makes you feel more alive than being closer to the bottom of the food chain than you are used to! Being charged by an elephant or hippo, watching a pride of lions on foot from 50 metres away, hearing lion calls and Hyena cackling with only canvas seperating you...all very levelling experiences and some that are worth every dollar.

Bio not trying to hijack or plug but I am with you on this. Everyone should experience it. You go once, I guarentee you will want to go back.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
You know... I've had this theory for a while. Being a fighter all my life and training in the martial arts I know that size and strength doesn't necessarily make the better fighter. With enough training, skill, and maybe a little luck any man (or woman) could beat any other man (or woman) on a good day.

But now how bad a$$ would I be if I could fight say... a grizzly bear? Now all of a sudden I become one of the greatest warriors of all time! I mean wouldn't you guys go around telling the story "Kung Fu Steve elbowed a rhinoceros in the FACE!" or "He took down a lion with just ONE KICK!"

So I think that may be my next physical goal... although I am thinking I'll start a little easier... anyone have a cute bunny rabbit I can fight or something along those lines? I gotta work my way up before Africa.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Great summary! It was the best trip I have ever been on..

As you can see, @SteveO asked lots of questions, eventually started to get one word answers haha.
SteveO: Hey Sayed, what are those buildings over there? Sayed: Buildings.
The best one was when we were at the outpost. There were bowls sitting on the ground by the front door. I asked of the dishes were for pets. His answer was something along the lines of "you stupid F*cking Americans... Those are the soldiers bowls". :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds awesome Kenric, good luck!! I'd go if there was a Star Trek transporter to get me there!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sounds awesome Kenric, good luck!! I'd go if there was a Star Trek transporter to get me there!

Come on MJ! Just pony up for some business class tickets and join the fun. You can get some authentic African decor for your house!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
@biophase, could you please post an update here when there are only a few spots left? I'm watching the sales page, but it still says "Currently 6 of 15 spots are filled" despite a few people here saying they've joined.

People have not officially joined until I receive a deposit. I don't think that the spots will all go that fast as the trip is still 9 months away and it's a fairly expensive trip. If you'd really like to go, I suggest putting down the deposit when you are sure you can go.

I am also advertising this trip on other business forums and entrepreneurial circles, so you can't really judge its interest by the responses on this forum. Also, the sales page will probably only be updated every week or so. It's not meant to be a real time indication of the number of people on the trip.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
If there's any way you can swing it, go. It is a trip of a lifetime. A real eery feeling out there knowing you are not at the top of the food chain. Exhilarating to say the least. I went to Botswana for 2 weeks to 3 different camps. You get so close to the wild game too.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Ahh Steve, I am laughing so hard right now remembering all that.

Steve: Why are there so many people walking around, don't they have anything to do?
Sayed: They are all going somewhere, haven't you ever walked anywhere before? Lazy Americans...

Okay maybe I exaggerated a bit, but it was not far off the truth. Haha Steve, way to go.

Seriously though. Trips like these are amazing. They build some really solid relationships, and everyone who was there definitely helped me grow in some way. Even if people have a completely different line of work and different set of experiences, there is always so much to learn that can apply to your own areas of life.

You get really close to people when you spend an entire week with them inside a small vehicle, and then at the accommodations. It is a really cool experience that you really would not get anywhere else.

Having everyone leave at Kilimanjaro Airport really sucked. All 10 of you guys left on the same plane, it was an abrupt way to suddenly end the adventure. Waiting in the airport for another 6 hours was not what sucked, having all my new friends have to go is what was hard.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
It is very common to get four legged visitors at night.

I'm not sure I want to be visited by a four legged creature while I'm sleeping..haha

It sounds amazing! I would love to do something like this.

I'd go if there was a Star Trek transporter to get me there!

I have a transporter, MJ.

Just a few more tweaks and it'll be ready to go ;)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Safari was amazing. The people were amazing!

One fun thing while I was away. My credit card information was stolen and someone in BC (Province beside mine) rang up $13,000 in credit card charges!! Way to go fraud detection department! I book flights out of the country and they accept all these transactions back in a province I am clearly not in. Ugh.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.