The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jobs with good hourly wage

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Cobrah

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 5, 2015
Hi, (tl;dr below!)

I just dropped out of college and want to make some money. I could easily earn about 15€ per hour working as a private tutor for students. The problem of course is that I probably wont get more than 5-10 hours per week. Thats why I want to do another one or two things with similar hourly wages. For example Personal Training, which I can't do, because I don't look good enough yet.

I know this isn't really Fastlane, but it's certainly better than what 98% of people do and it's what I need to do now to get enough starting capital for a bigger venture. Working on an oil platform is a possibility, but I think there are better ones :D

I could turn this into an information biz.
Example: start working as a private tutor for high school level biology, chemistry, physics and math. Then taking the GMAT or IMAT/MedAT/TMS (european tests for med school) myself to gain credibility. Create 2 websites. One for aspiring medicine students which high school grades are too bad. And one for aspriring business or law students wanting to go to elite institutions. After gaining more credibility and awareness switch from normal tutoring to seminars and more expensive private tutoring for people who want to do the GMAT or european equivalent of MCAT, who have more spending capacity. Later I can even turn it into a passive income business by producing an e-learning platform with subsciption model and sell books.
I digress :D

Back to the point/tl;dr:
Do you now activities that pay at least 13€ per hour, where no degree or advanced skill is needed?
- approximately 15€/hr is what physicians earn in their residency after 6 yrs of studying hard and (in the US not here in Europe) going into debt
- I want to earn this NOW to get starting capital and (maybe turn it into a bigger biz)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hi and welcome to the forum. I moved your post out of the "Fastlane" category, in part because this isn't a great place to get advice on what type of job you should get. There are a ton of internet forums that could help you with that... this isn't one of them.

I'd recommend you pick up the book The Millionare Fastlane. You can grab the first three chapters FREE here :

http://www.themillionairefastlane.com

I think it will help you on your journey. You're welcome to hang around here, read a bunch, and start posting when you have something that you can contribute to the discussions taking place here daily. Glad you found the forum!

Cobrah

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 5, 2015
You're right, I read a lot of books on this subject, but not the millionaire fastlane yet. I'm not really looking for "a job", but for a way to get starting capital for my fastlane venture.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
First off, welcome to the forum. I also commend you on recognizing the need for a job in order to get start-up money.

I would recommend a service industry or sales job. I work as a bartender at night, work on my projects in the day. I go home with anywhere between $120-500 (USD) cash each night depending on how busy, who is there. I think my best week ever was 2k.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I second a sales job.

Find something you can sell to the students you might be tutoring or the people you might be coaching as a personal trainer ( when you get to it ).

For an example, I once knew a realtor who was also a licensed as a home inspector. This was many years ago, but he would show people the homes as a realtor and then if an offer was made, he would suggest a home inspection. He got to do the home inspection and charge money for it and then if the house sold, get a commission on the sale.

BTW, his wife was in insurance. Guess who was referred to sell the home owners insurance?

Not sure if this can be done now. Maybe the laws have changed, IDK. But use this as an example for combing what you are doing to maximize your revenue from each client.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.