The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jimmy from Melbourne!

Jimmy999

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 13, 2018
Hi! I'm Jimmy. I'm 27 and from Australia.

Started working full time as a Sysadmin/DBA in 2014. At first, I loved the work, I had disposable income. But then I looked at my colleagues. Most of them were 50+, complaining of debt, unable to retire, no options. And that scared me. I then learnt about the usual investment options, shares and property. Bought an investment property a couple years ago with the intention of developing it once I had more capital. But I thought...is this it? Working for the next 40 hours a week for 40 years just so I can retire? My dream was always to fund my parents retirement. Ain't no way that's happening if I have to wait 40 years.

In August 2017, sucked in by the the marketers get rich quick scheme, I bought an Amazon FBA course ($3k!!!). I researched products, got samples and was a click away from pulling the trigger on my first order in December 2017. But it didn't feel right. The product I was selling didn't offer anything unique apart from appearance. It didn't improve the product. All I did was put lipstick on a pig. Luckily, I was distracted by the crypto bubble in Dec/Jan and promptly forgot about FBA.

A few weeks ago, I decided to read The Millionaire Fastlane . It opened my eyes. Like MJ said, TMF gives you a treasure map, but you still have to take action! So I'm back onto the entrepreneurial path! I've gotten that motivation and drive back.

My first goal is to replace my income with FBA. I'll need to start small, so I'm looking at products that I can build a scale-able brand around and focusing on what my brand's USP is. Once I've replaced my income and gotten more experience with business, I'll be able to tackle some more expensive and ambitious projects of mine.

I'm loving the wealth of information on this forum, and with more experience, hopefully, I'll be able to become a regular contributor!

Cheers,
Jimmy

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Santi M

See you on the fastlane
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 22, 2018
Fastlane
Hi Jimmy! Great history. I want to welcome you to the forum, and congratulate you for realizing about the SCRIPT of life and wanting to change it. I have to recommend you the other book of MJ, UNSCRIPTED . And of course, wish you the best of luck!
Sorry for my bad english, greeting from Spain.
C'mon!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...