• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Jimmy from Melbourne!

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Jimmy999, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Jimmy999

Jimmy999 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $12
    Hi! I'm Jimmy. I'm 27 and from Australia.

Started working full time as a Sysadmin/DBA in 2014. At first, I loved the work, I had disposable income. But then I looked at my colleagues. Most of them were 50+, complaining of debt, unable to retire, no options. And that scared me. I then learnt about the usual investment options, shares and property. Bought an investment property a couple years ago with the intention of developing it once I had more capital. But I thought...is this it? Working for the next 40 hours a week for 40 years just so I can retire? My dream was always to fund my parents retirement. Ain't no way that's happening if I have to wait 40 years.

In August 2017, sucked in by the the marketers get rich quick scheme, I bought an Amazon FBA course ($3k!!!). I researched products, got samples and was a click away from pulling the trigger on my first order in December 2017. But it didn't feel right. The product I was selling didn't offer anything unique apart from appearance. It didn't improve the product. All I did was put lipstick on a pig. Luckily, I was distracted by the crypto bubble in Dec/Jan and promptly forgot about FBA.

A few weeks ago, I decided to read The Millionaire Fastlane. It opened my eyes. Like MJ said, TMF gives you a treasure map, but you still have to take action! So I'm back onto the entrepreneurial path! I've gotten that motivation and drive back.

My first goal is to replace my income with FBA. I'll need to start small, so I'm looking at products that I can build a scale-able brand around and focusing on what my brand's USP is. Once I've replaced my income and gotten more experience with business, I'll be able to tackle some more expensive and ambitious projects of mine.

I'm loving the wealth of information on this forum, and with more experience, hopefully, I'll be able to become a regular contributor!

Cheers,
    Jimmy

jon.a likes this.
  2. Santi Merino

Santi Merino Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $569
    Hi Jimmy! Great history. I want to welcome you to the forum, and congratulate you for realizing about the SCRIPT of life and wanting to change it. I have to recommend you the other book of MJ, UNSCRIPTED. And of course, wish you the best of luck!
    Sorry for my bad english, greeting from Spain.
    C'mon!

Tommo and Jimmy999 like this.
  3. Timmy C

Timmy C I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,169
    Welcome! Good to have a fellow Melbournian in the fastlane.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.