The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jay Leno - car collection

milestone

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 24, 2013
Guys, I'd have a question for you. Inspired by a large collections of cars worldwide, I tried to find is there a way that have a collection of cars and making it profitable in some way..

In topic I'd have a Jay Leno - TV presenter, which for sure have lot of cash, but I wanted to ask how is he capable to maintain such big amount of cars? Maybe you know somebody who have some cars and gets profit form, or at least don't make his income crashed. I'm not talking about simple buying cars "because I have cash", I'm speaking about making in some smart way...

Would you have something to add to this topic? ; )

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eStan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
May 29, 2013
I was actually thinking about this exact thing the other week. I would build a small race track, get a fleet of about 10 supercars (second-hand works too) and rent them. A driving experience. Like for instance the guys at http://www.worldclassdriving.com/ or http://www.exoticsracing.com/.

HOWEVER this assumes you have some 10 million or so to invest. F- You Money type of stuff. But this way you could maybe make a profit but not right away, a few years down the line. It's on my bucket list.

milestone

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 24, 2013
Yes but also look at that. I don't know what are the cost of insurance for supercars in US. All I know that all cars from Jay's garage are insured and ready to drive, right? So, costs of maintaining such a big amount of cars need to cost a lot. And now my question is, where he is creating (Jay or any other collector) such a big amount of money in month that he is capable to pay for all of his cars, and still buiyng new, while he is not working (and after all, this is a target isn't it..)? For me, for right now, I'm able to thing about it only in that one way I know - monthly income from saving/money in account, 5% from his millions is a lot of cash.. , so that's why I'm asking you guys, what do you thing about it.

eStan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
May 29, 2013
Jay Leno makes around 20 million/year and is worth 350 million. I think he can afford a few wheels.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
If I remember correctly, Jay hasn't spent a dime of his TV show money. He saved all of it as the money he made from doing stand up comedy pays his living expenses plus some.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
"I always tell new people in show business, I say, 'Look, show business pays you a lot of money, because eventually you're gonna get screwed,'" he explained. "'And when you get screwed, you will have this pile of money off to the side already.'"

-Jay Leno

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
If I remember correctly, Jay hasn't spent a dime of his TV show money. He saved all of it as the money he made from doing stand up comedy pays his living expenses plus some.
you make a good point and that never even crossed my mind when you account for him having to use his stand up to pay for all those cars. I cant imagine his stand up gigs affording him those cars. I think it is probably a PR stunt filled with hyperbole to make him appear "normal".

P.S. Fallon is going to great taking his place. Although, I think ratings were down for Leno I think it was down for letterman as well. Not sure tho

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.