The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jason's How to Build Wealth & Golden Nuggets

D

Deleted2BB3x9

Hi @JasonR ,

I was just wondering if you could say how you managed to run a business from different locations?

I am considering moving to another province in Canada and will not have a house to order inventory to. And so will likely outsource a lot of business tasks. Did you outsource much of your business while traveling?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

D.I.Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 31, 2017
Northern Virginia
First post.

So, you want to build an internet business? After going through what I did in the past 6-7 months, here's what I've learned.

1. Pick a LARGE market. I don't like super-niche markets.

2. Don't reinvent the wheel. You don't have to.

3. F*ck SEO. See #4

4. Utilize paid traffic to grow your business. Display advertising is how many of the big boys and big hitters grow super FAST. See those banner ads on Facebook and all over the web? Yah, they work.

5. Here's a secret. It took me a long time to learn this. Do you want to be able to infinitely scale a business? With paid traffic, you'll need an Average Order Value OR Lifetime Customer Value of $60-100. If you can squeeze $60+ out of a customer, you should be able to buy traffic ANYWHERE. There are multiple ways of doing this.

5b. Build a funnel, not an e-commerce store. I lost about $2k and 2 months learning this the hard way. Read this article.

6. Money. You may think it's hard to get. It's NOT. It's fine to bootstrap (and what I did to start). Go get some high limit credit cards (Amex Plum, etc.) that you can use for ad spend. DON'T be stupid with this money. It will help you grow and scale. Once you have a system where you can prove that for every $1.00 you put in, you get $1.40 back, getting money is easy.

7. Fail fast. The faster you fail, the faster you can succeed. The key is, go as FAST as you can. I've seen people try for 2 years because they're too afraid to fail.

8. Everything in life worth getting is a process. A great business, a great girlfriend/wife, losing weight, building muscle, building your real estate portfolio. These are ALL processes, and there is no magic pill or secret that will shortcut your PROCESS.

But, you can get rich quick (relatively)...

Hey @JasonR, this is a great post! I'm a newbie here on this forum. Would you say that the advice you gave is relevant now, being that IT changes so fast?

D.I.Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 31, 2017
Northern Virginia
5b. Build a funnel, not an e-commerce store. I lost about $2k and 2 months learning this the hard way. Read this article.

@JasonR, I am just starting to build an e-commerce store. I never heard of building a funnel instead. I'm not sure what that even looks like. I'm sure the article will be a good read. Hopefully it opens for me at home. It won't open for me here at work.[/

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
Hi @JasonR ,

I was just wondering if you could say how you managed to run a business from different locations?

I am considering moving to another province in Canada and will not have a house to order inventory to. And so will likely outsource a lot of business tasks. Did you outsource much of your business while traveling?

I can't speak for Jason, but I've talked to freight forwarding companies in the U.S. who largely specialize in this and even do QC and stuff if you want.

Just google Amazon FBA freight forwarding and you'll find some.

Call them up and they should be able to give you rough pricing - I can't remember what it was when I called.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Also, do the math. How many customers do you need to make $1m at a $30 LCV? $50 LCV? $150 LCV?

I think you're starting to get the picture...
ddss.png

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
hey @JasonR ,
awesome thread, soo much stuff still relevant today which was posted 6 years ago.

quick question: do NLP work(I was aware of it for a long time, but thought it was some kind of spin on hypnosis)?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.