The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jaden Smith thoughts on school controversy

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Curious if anyone saw this. It was brought to my attention yesterday that this apparently is a big controversy.

If you dont know Jaden Smith is the 15 year old son of Will Smith.

He took to twitter to voice his opinion on schooling.

Jaden Smith: 'School Is The Tool To Brainwash The Youth'

"People Use To Ask Me What Do You Wanna Be When You Get Older And I Would Say What A Stupid Question The Real Question Is What Am I Right Now"

"All The Rules In This World Were Made By Someone No Smarter Than You.So Make Your Own."

"School Is The Tool To Brainwash The Youth."

"If Newborn Babies Could Speak They Would Be The Most Intelligent Beings On Planet Earth."

"If Everybody In The World Dropped Out Of School We Would Have A Much More Intelligent Society."

"Everybody Get Off Your Phones And Go Do What You Actually Wanna Do"

Just curious to hear thoughts. Its funny reading peoples comments on this on various "news" sites.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Apemania

That's the results you get when schools switched over to using the Prussian school model, having people trained to be good and listen and do what they are told. Didn't work that well for me, I jumped off school because I saw through the bullshit that was public education. The bad thing is that not only is school system basically crap, but the educations are just getting longer and longer.

I can promise one thing, there are very few occupations that cannot be made into an intensive 9 month training period. Improving school would mean creating people that think, people that think are a threat to government. They would so rather have a population of complacent zombies than people that can criticize what they do and also criticize it well. Therefore the public school will never become better, unless it is totally separated from government control.

Sindi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 8, 2013
I think schooling could have taught him to use capital letters correctly lol

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
I could go on for hours about this.

The school system is flawed within itself. 90% of the time they tell you that there is only one way to skin a cat.
They also tell you that in order to be successful, you have to go the same route they did, go to college, get a job.

A teacher got mad at me one day when they were on strike. She was explaining what they were striking for. They wanted pay raises and better benefits, those kinds of thing. English teacher.

I was not a favorite in this class. I rarely went and when I did, I always got to sleep in there. I asked her, "why do you preach going to college when all the degree gets you is a job. You don't even get paid good money otherwise you wouldn't have to strike."

Rhetorical questions get you in a lot of trouble apparently. Two-day vacation for insubordination. WooHoo! Good thing my mother didn't know about it lol...

Disclaimer:
I am not bashing all teachers. I know there are some on here who do well in life and want the kids they teach to do well also. My teachers were subject daily to the drama of inner city youth. They had a certain moral aura around them. It supposedly made them superior in some way.

As for Jayden- He was raised by very successful people, he doesn't have a very hard life. I'm sure Will taught him entrepreneurship in some way, shape, or form.
He can be more self-sufficient than most people so dropping out of school wont effect him.

Education is how you apply the skills you were taught in school to learn new things. The things that actually matter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Who cares what Will Smith's kid thinks. Honestly.

We need to instaban the next person that starts a thread about the education system.

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I think the 15 year old son of a multi-million dollar celebrity might not be presenting the most unbiased, well thought out perspective of schooling or life in general.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.