The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've wasted over 2 years. 2020 won't be the 3rd - COPYWRITING

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
You're totally right. I figured, that knowing copy, even basics of it, will put me ahead of like 80% of other web designers, even though they may be more experienced than me, so that definitely helps. I remember Lex's thread talking about writing clients with YOU focused proposals. He said most copywriters make the mistake of writing ME focused proposals.

And this was about copywriters... the people who should know better, let alone web designers.

Like you said, it can help with a store, or basically anything online. So I will keep learning, maybe just a little bit less than previously.

Happy to hear you're going on the same journey. I am wondering if you used codeacademy to learn the basics.
Honestly, I started with that, but it felt overwhelming and not clear to me, so now I am going through a course on Youtube, which I find much more clear.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
Messed up the reply to your comment there.

Yeah I am using Codecademy and I agree, kinda overwhelming in areas but it's always gonna be like that when you throw yourself into a learning something from scratch. Just gotta trust the process.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
You're totally right. I figured, that knowing copy, even basics of it, will put me ahead of like 80% of other web designers, even though they may be more experienced than me, so that definitely helps. I remember Lex's thread talking about writing clients with YOU focused proposals. He said most copywriters make the mistake of writing ME focused proposals.

And this was about copywriters... the people who should know better, let alone web designers.

Like you said, it can help with a store, or basically anything online. So I will keep learning, maybe just a little bit less than previously.

Happy to hear you're going on the same journey. I am wondering if you used codeacademy to learn the basics.
Honestly, I started with that, but it felt overwhelming and not clear to me, so now I am going through a course on Youtube, which I find much more clear.

I live in the south. Almost on the Slovakia border. 2 hours from Cracov.
I always wanted to visit Gdansk, Trojmiescie, so I will hit you up, when I will be around.

I really believe what you are saying is true. In the past I was looking at the different aspects of my life as a chain of disconnected events. Recently I had an epiphany, about social skills overlapping business, business overlapping education, and so on. I am still at the early stage of that, but I am starting to look more collectively, to see the bigger picture.

I am sure you experienced this weird phenomenon, when some experience from the past, which seemed completely irrelevant turned out to be the key, a few years later.

Numbers game... I am going to keep repeating those two words to myself whenever I face a rejection.
So even though 95% of people "rejected" you, you still made a profit.

Rejection in business seems scary to me, even when cold-calling.
But I suppose you got used to that, after some time so it doesn't affect you that much, and just push it, it, right?

----

Okay guys, I am at the beginning stage now. I am going to come back soon when I will get the skillset to approach my first clients, and start to inform you all again.

For me I had a job at a telemarketing company harassing people for money, eventually I learned to find rejection funny because I was high every day on free coffee, and would just blast calls all day talking smack with co-workers, in fact I liked getting rejected because I would shoot out stupid requests for huge amounts of money to the people that would say NO to me so I became a real life troll (Yeh I got fired eventually lol)

My friend who is a total nincompoop got several 4 figure + sales, and he's garbage at sales.

Shoot for the moon

ElPatrico

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 1, 2017
Poland
Yeah I am using Codecademy and I agree, kinda overwhelming in areas but it's always gonna be like that when you throw yourself into a learning something from scratch. Just gotta trust the process.

I suppose it's not going to get any easier over time, so the best thing I can do right now is to get used to the hard thing. I am finishing the youtube course, and head back to the codeacademy.

For me I had a job at a telemarketing company harassing people for money, eventually I learned to find rejection funny because I was high every day on free coffee, and would just blast calls all day talking smack with co-workers, in fact I liked getting rejected because I would shoot out stupid requests for huge amounts of money to the people that would say NO to me so I became a real life troll (Yeh I got fired eventually lol)

My friend who is a total nincompoop got several 4 figure + sales, and he's garbage at sales.

Shoot for the moon

That was hilarious :playful:

So instead of rejection being this scary, "don't open this door" thing, for you it became almost a goal. Like you turned it all upside down.

Despite it being really sleazy, harassing people for money, you made it sound like it's really fun.

Actually soon I will finish my school, and I will get to take up some job to build up a capital. And I really consider taking a job as a telemarketer. Ignoring the fact that it's probably doing nothing good to society in general, and probably getting some psychic issues after a bunch of angry people screaming at you...

I consider this a really good way to get some experience in sales, instead of just reading plain theory, dealing with people, and what's most important - handling rejection.

Especially now, when door-to-door sales positions may not be so popular during the virus.

P.S. Your nincompoop friend is an inspiration for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
@Neko
I don't know whether you should continue or not and I don't believe anyone can be a Copywriter but here is a question for you.

Why do you think it has to be done in English?

I read your piece and did not think much of it to be honest, but I also note that you are Polish.

If I wrote something in Polish it would not be very good at all. Even if it was grammatically correct you would instinctively know I was not Polish.

Why don't you either:-

A) Try and sell something like an old bike, car, old table and chairs you may have etc on ebay, Amazon, local newspaper Ad, etc in Poland? Play around, see what happens.

or B) Grab a local paper and look at the Adverts of local businesses which are usually rubbish. See if you can rewrite one and offer it to the business to split run with their existing Ad. ie If your local paper runs 10,000 copies a week they can print the two Ads so that 5,000 copies have one Ad and 5,000 have the second Ad. (Just in case you were unaware of this)

The gist is to start simple and in your native language to a native audience.

Give yourself 3 months.

If you get nowhere then you wont get anywhere in hyper competitive markets like Fitness to Americans so move on.

Maybe to something like selling simple 3 page websites. Again to local businesses in Poland.

Dan

PS: Your location says Poland so I presume that is correct.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.