The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
Finished the book and wow, this is much better than TMF . This book is almost like the bible of entrepreneurship. I felt like I learned so much in this book that I probably would need a re-read in a couple months. This book probably saved me years of failure, and I cannot thank you enough for that. Closing the book, I felt hope.

It fascinates me though, how did you write such a great book?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 23, 2022
Germany
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I have read it!

Ridhwan

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 27, 2022
i

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257i've finished reading it

Barnaba

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 9, 2020
I read it and it was great. I would say even more enlightening than TMF , even if it was TMF that opened my eyes. Thanks MJ, Greetings from Italy.

Epic Irony

Inspiration strikes best through a vacuum of ideas
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Apr 19, 2022
I have read it for the second time. It is a great addition to the series. Maybe there will be a fourth book? I feel that there is more where that came from.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

firelord

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 8, 2022
Just finished this one up--found the anecdotes super helpful.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
I listened to it on Audible.

halfer

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 14, 2022
I've listened to the audiobook when it came out and am reading it again now to take notes!

CEO of Money

Sedet, aeternumque sedebit
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 20, 2022
Montréal, Canada
I finished it recently and boy is that ending satisfying!

UnnamedBeast

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 16, 2022
I have finished reading the rat race escape, great book and actually super addictive writing, while I probably can't retell it completely (that implies studying the book ofc) I easily spent every day reading 100 or more pages. Good job on the book!

SiuLung

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Aug 13, 2019
France
I finished it a few months ago!
It was very inspiring to witness how the process can unfold in our lives.

vanCeos

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 19, 2022
Stuttgart, Germany
I loved this books format! I am usually the kind of guy that reads multiple books at once because I like to spice things up by switching genres. Usually its non-fiction during the day and fiction before sleep, to calm my mind.

This book was a great mix of valuable lessons (which I gotta review soon) and an entertaining story I kept myself wanting to get back to.

Thank you very much for all 3 books!

Belesarius

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 19, 2022
I think this is the first time I have read a book that is half story, half information. Brilliantly executed. No Business Books compare to the MJ Books.

yuriymosiyenko

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 14, 2022
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have read all of them. I think about a month was enough to finish all 3 books. Simply saying I have never read anything better than this about finances, business, targeting your life, just about life... Every word in these books resonated with my own thoughts. Great. Great. Great. Thank you, MJ. And I want to add about this one, the Rat Race Escape. MJ, this one is the best. The genre you have created worked excellently. I was happy crying then Jeff and Sam found their gold idea, and then reached their goals. I should say... these 3 books, they are ingeniously cover 3 different sets of readers. The books are telling the same ideas. Probably better polished and detailed in each next one, but still, principally the same ideas. But Fastlane is targeting smart people, who are looking for dry facts and ideas, documentaries. The Unscripted targets smart people who used to live in the not too smart environment, full of strong language and simply talking. The Rat Race Escape targets people who like fiction stories, and dramas. This way, instead of catching one group of people and targeting them with each new book, MJ caught one group, and, of course, they still gonna read all books anyway, then he caught another group, and they are going to read all other books too, and then he caught the third group... MJ, this is fantastic. English is not my first language, so I can't express my opinion in the way I am thinking about it. But it is simply brilliant. Continue. In more genres. Because you can.

JamesAnnaLee

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Oct 9, 2022
Loved the format which was super helpful in cementing some of the ideas from TMF - Where can I order the soup?

dafangcoach

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 23, 2022
Taiwan

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
This is a thick book, but i love the story style mixed with principles, like a book by Robert Allen "One Minute Millionare". Ever consider becoming a fiction writer??
Read it on SCRIBD.com

With respect,
Lucius Tseng

_firelxrd

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 21, 2022

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257Read it…

fabd

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 31, 2022
Netherlands
I read the book.
I just joined the forum and am excited to be around people who also read the book.

adl75

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 13, 2022
I'm reading book in kindle.. but my english not so good.. !

Pareto Unbound

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Aug 17, 2022
Just finished it, great book! It recalls and expands on concepts already in the previous two. I plan to go over the three again and fix the ideas more deeply. Thank you, sir.

Zachariah

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 5, 2022

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Read this book! Own this book in kindle and physical format. Planning to keep rereading it on my journey until I internalise as much of the lessons as I can.

VijayKChary

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 6, 2022
Sydney, Australia
I have listened to this on Audible and really liked the format of weaving MJ's narration with a story line. I have read the other two books before reading this. This read was only to see how the learnings from MJ's book can be put into action. Enjoyed the subtle humour too!

deividasx

Moving up
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 16, 2021
London, UK
Loved the narration and a more practical way of showing how to apply fastlane principles. Great listen.

SirSquidLicker

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Nov 11, 2022
San Diego
Ok. I have to admit, I'm like an hour away from finishing to book on Audible. But I am about to do a cleaning frenzy in my condo where I plan to finish it!

Following up with my previous comments about reading the last two books, this was a great follow up. I listened to a podcast with MJ about TGRR, and I agree with his assertion that this book is perfect as far as driving home the points. MF and Unscripted gave me a great foundation, and TGRR drove it home in a unique and different way which helped solidify a lot of important points. I think in the future I will revisit Unscripted and TGRR escape again, as I'm sure a second read of these two will help.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.