The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

nickbanik

Algorithm Trader
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 11, 2020
United States
I read TGRRE , and it was great. It rivaled Unscripted for me, but I think all of them are gems. (accidentally posted here twice, been a while since I visited) :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Demaine

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 24, 2022
I read TGRRE , and it was great. It rivaled Unscripted for me, but I think all of them are gems. (accidentally posted here twice, been a while since I visited) :)

Yes it was fantastic, full of gems that I will definitely take forward and refer back to constantly as a guide .

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Re reading Great Rat Race Escape and have to admit... better 2nd time around.

Why?

I'm going through it much more carefully.

Writing notes, side thoughts, thinking up my own scenarios and how to utilize.

I'm a sales person by nature, turned freelance copy strategist.

While I love the personal interaction and understand the importance of a personalized sales process, depending on the size and nature of what's being sold, I also know that personalized selling isn't really scalable.

One on one selling is an intimacy EVENT that should have been thoroughly prepped by an effective and efficient marketing PROCESS, but, at the end of the day, we all hope to eliminate the need for a sales PERSON.

Hence, my search for that answer for myself with a reread through this book without needing to reinvent the wheel, if possible.

Lots of gold gems for sure.

Hoping to make my breakthrough and report back sooner than later.

Carlos - the dude that keeps getting honked at while trying to cruise on the fast lane, lol.

Shadow237

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 23, 2021
This book’s principles will serve to kickstart my business career.
I’ll be reading it again twice or more before 2023.

TedFastlane473

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jun 22, 2022
Just finished the audiobook. I like the switching between the narrator and MJ. A nice twist.
What I also liked was how well done the story was and how MJ described the important details in each phase of the story.

SunshineGrit

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 19, 2021
I read the Great Rat Race Escape . Well done. It was unusual at first to jump from fiction to nonfiction, but I got into it and started really looking forward to the nonfiction story part, in fact I'd be like "shoot, the story ended for now". I do really enjoy reading a good novel and since I haven't in a long time (been reading business books, and writing a book) perhaps it was extra special. Good advice, really appreciate you sharing it.

TedFastlane473

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jun 22, 2022
I read the Great Rat Race Escape . Well done. It was unusual at first to jump from fiction to nonfiction, but I got into it and started really looking forward to the nonfiction story part, in fact I'd be like "shoot, the story ended for now". I do really enjoy reading a good novel and since I haven't in a long time (been reading business books, and writing a book) perhaps it was extra special. Good advice, really appreciate you sharing it.
I agree, the story is well put together and MJ is excellent at explaining concepts. This is MJ's best book in my opinion.

Z3r0

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 24, 2022
Got it done! Thanks MJ. Will definitely use these books for reference in the future.

TedFastlane473

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jun 22, 2022
Finished it two days ago. It's what got me back into the forum and fastlane paradigm. Best book of the lot IMO. Very detailed and heaps of actionable advice.
I agree, The Great Rat Race Escape gave me a realistic way of how to build a business based on the story and the illustrations and concepts MJ used throughout his book.

Artiom O

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 10, 2021
Finished it 6 months ago. It was a great book. Introduced some new concepts like marketing and other things, but generally its the same stuff. It felt long at first but, in the end I got surprised of how fast the content passed through. The explanation was shorter and straight to the point (something I do like). The story was also shorter than I anticipated.

Parham Doustdar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Jul 2, 2015
I've read the Rat Race Escape. A couple of points:
1. My wife is not into "dry" strategy books like the Millionaire Fastlane . However, the story format made it easy for her to stay engaged
2. We're both blind, and some authors skip diagrams in Audible books and refer to the accompanying PDF, which is not helpful because our software reads text, but not images. However, this book was very helpful since as far as I can gather, all the diagrams were read out, which helped us get the points better.
Thank you!

_donut_

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 29, 2021
And yet another masterpiece. Thanks MJ!

lefseman

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 2, 2022
I've listened to the Audible version. Really liked the story element, helped me visualize what my own process could be like!

IanJ

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 30, 2020
Bakersfield, CA
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I read this book last summer then I got pulled back into the script. I have had FTE and now I am pushing forward and going to take action this time.

Jummy

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jul 15, 2022
Just picked it up today, getting back into the swing of things entrepreneurial after a burnout period

Sell-me-this-pen

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2022

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I have finally finished listening to the whole book !! . Very good and informative

Yasser

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 6, 2022
France
I've read the book. The combination between principles, strategies and the Trotmans story is great. Aside from the narrative, the Trotmans story can be seen as an implementation of these principles and strategies.

>>RD<<

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 20, 2016
Nigeria

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Wow. An eye opener in every chapter. Speed read it.
Now I am going back to Chapter one for a slower read with note-taking...
Thanks, MJ.

Tortoise

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 28, 2020
London, UK

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

I read TGRRE whilst on holiday! Inspiring, like the previous two books and laid out in a dual-format narrative to really make the book as practical as possible with a 'real-life' example of starting from no business to big success. I really like this as a lot of books sound good in theory but can leave you wondering what to do about it, TGRRE is much more useful because of the way it's written. I recall reading a Robert Allen book years ago that had a similar structure (although the two stories were on facing pages instead of separate chapters) I think it was One Minute Millionaire but not sure.

Tortoise

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 28, 2020
London, UK
I read TGRRE whilst on holiday! Inspiring, like the previous two books and laid out in a dual-format narrative to really make the book as practical as possible with a 'real-life' example of starting from no business to big success. I really like this as a lot of books sound good in theory but can leave you wondering what to do about it, TGRRE is much more useful because of the way it's written. I recall reading a Robert Allen book years ago that had a similar structure (although the two stories were on facing pages instead of separate chapters) I think it was One Minute Millionaire but not sure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.