The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's time for change!

crshman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jun 9, 2017
California
Hey All!

My name is Robert and I found this place with just a quick Google search "entrepreneur forum"

I've always been very curious. (I had aspirations to be an inventor when asked what I wanted to be when I grow up) I remember many times in my youth taking things apart to figure out how they worked only to be scolded by my parents about "breaking" my new toy.

I eventually found programming early in high school and it's been a passion of mine for a long time.

I've always wanted more in life. I remember an ex of mine complaining that I was never satisfied. Why couldn't I just be content?

Moving forward my first job was a consulting gig that (I thought) paid ok right out of college, but what it really taught me was that I never ever ever wanted to be a corporate drone. I was a contractor for a big fortune 500 and I disliked every minute of it.

I ended up spending all of my spare time learning about scaling internet systems and prototyping things which re-introduced me to my inner passion for figuring things out.

After my contract was up, I swore I would never do it again. So I moved to San Francisco to join a 5 person startup. Everyone said I was nuts for doing that but it was fantastic!

I learned a lot very quickly, the hours were long, the pay was decent, the work felt good and then the company grew up. I started to feel more and more like a cog in a machine and my drive and passion was quickly being extinguished.

I make decent money for a salary job and always feared that I would never find something that paid as well. The fear of losing the cash and not being able to pay bills is really what kept me there, continuing to extinguish my passion.

So I minded my slow lane and put away my 20% cash like everyone told me to do. Fearing the loss of this job that everyone told me was the best thing ever.

Which bring us to now.

I'm 29 years old and 5 years later these are the things I have to show for my time at this start up:

1) Much knowledge knowledge, I've learned a lot about a lot of things
2) My love for coding is definitely in danger -- "If you are forced to do anything, even something you purport to love, in exchange for a paycheck, that love is put in danger.
3) Definitely less drive, ambition, passion, and confidence in life as a whole
3) The OPTION to purchase stock in the company with my money......great

I know I want more, I have saved up a sizable chunk of cash and I can taste the Freedom that it brings me.

In fact, I decided to leverage it a few weeks ago and told my boss I was leaving. He balked and "sweetened" the deal for me and let me work 100% remote. Awesome, no more traffic/commute!

But it's still a job and I want the freedom.

My goal with this forum is to help re-ignite the flame that I had when I was younger and to bring some of that passion, ambition and courage back.

To help form ideas, find mentors, and seek constructive critics for my next road in life.

Also important, to help kick my a$$. I tend to suffer from "analysis paralysis" when evaluating ideas and how to make them better or how to execute. I'm hoping some of you guys can help call me on my shit to keep me moving forward.

Just reading the Millionaire Fastlane has started to re-kindle the tiny tiny flame within.

So with that I look forward to learning and taking action. One of the best quotes I ever heard from a colleague of mine was AAA - Action is Always the Answer.

Time to figure out some processes and actions to get my a$$ back into gear.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WealthChaser

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 7, 2017
Indiana
Hello Robert,

Welcome! I have to admit, I am in a similar spot so I can't offer too much advice in ways to action. What I have learned in my short time here is the dream is possible, think of what other people need and want only and the business will form, and your not alone in your anxieties and worries. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers!

Claude Roy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 11, 2017
St. Petersburg, FL
Hey All!

My name is Robert and I found this place with just a quick Google search "entrepreneur forum"

I've always been very curious. (I had aspirations to be an inventor when asked what I wanted to be when I grow up) I remember many times in my youth taking things apart to figure out how they worked only to be scolded by my parents about "breaking" my new toy.

I eventually found programming early in high school and it's been a passion of mine for a long time.

I've always wanted more in life. I remember an ex of mine complaining that I was never satisfied. Why couldn't I just be content?

Moving forward my first job was a consulting gig that (I thought) paid ok right out of college, but what it really taught me was that I never ever ever wanted to be a corporate drone. I was a contractor for a big fortune 500 and I disliked every minute of it.

I ended up spending all of my spare time learning about scaling internet systems and prototyping things which re-introduced me to my inner passion for figuring things out.

After my contract was up, I swore I would never do it again. So I moved to San Francisco to join a 5 person startup. Everyone said I was nuts for doing that but it was fantastic!

I learned a lot very quickly, the hours were long, the pay was decent, the work felt good and then the company grew up. I started to feel more and more like a cog in a machine and my drive and passion was quickly being extinguished.

I make decent money for a salary job and always feared that I would never find something that paid as well. The fear of losing the cash and not being able to pay bills is really what kept me there, continuing to extinguish my passion.

So I minded my slow lane and put away my 20% cash like everyone told me to do. Fearing the loss of this job that everyone told me was the best thing ever.

Which bring us to now.

I'm 29 years old and 5 years later these are the things I have to show for my time at this start up:

1) Much knowledge knowledge, I've learned a lot about a lot of things
2) My love for coding is definitely in danger -- "If you are forced to do anything, even something you purport to love, in exchange for a paycheck, that love is put in danger.
3) Definitely less drive, ambition, passion, and confidence in life as a whole
3) The OPTION to purchase stock in the company with my money......great

I know I want more, I have saved up a sizable chunk of cash and I can taste the Freedom that it brings me.

In fact, I decided to leverage it a few weeks ago and told my boss I was leaving. He balked and "sweetened" the deal for me and let me work 100% remote. Awesome, no more traffic/commute!

But it's still a job and I want the freedom.

My goal with this forum is to help re-ignite the flame that I had when I was younger and to bring some of that passion, ambition and courage back.

To help form ideas, find mentors, and seek constructive critics for my next road in life.

Also important, to help kick my a$$. I tend to suffer from "analysis paralysis" when evaluating ideas and how to make them better or how to execute. I'm hoping some of you guys can help call me on my shit to keep me moving forward.

Just reading the Millionaire Fastlane has started to re-kindle the tiny tiny flame within.

So with that I look forward to learning and taking action. One of the best quotes I ever heard from a colleague of mine was AAA - Action is Always the Answer.

Time to figure out some processes and actions to get my a$$ back into gear.
Hey Robert ! Welcome to the community. Wow you're up to a great start, being a software developer myself, I think k we have really great opportunity to enter the fastlane and you seem to have a deep passion for it, it's awesome. I am just working in a dead end job myself too, but I'm starting an e commerce business, so I hustled all week end litelary on it and it feels great win I want to get out of the slowlane. It's great to have you here, you have a lot of potential honestly, you just have to find the drive like you had as a child and make it alive again :) I believe in you ! Welcome Robert !!

Claude

PiotrF

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jun 5, 2017
Warszawa
I keep the thumbs up for your success and it is too short to drive the car so you have to work. I'm just starting to work to get on the fastlane way but people on the forum support me and we will support you so Do the work;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

crshman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jun 9, 2017
California
Thanks for the encouragement all.

My company works in inventory management software for ecommerce companies. I constantly get to see how these people are making something from nothing, quite inspiring.

I have an ecommerce idea already but now that I know more I want to validate it against the commandments and learning that I've gotten from reading.

[emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You're incredibly young with a huge swath of experience ... don't see why you can't make it happen.

Welcome aboard.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...