The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello! It's time to change it up

Zoobs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 18, 2021
Hi from England

If i don't do this now I will procrastinate, posting this I am taking as a small win and a tick-in-the-box. One point to me.

I joined the forum early last year and proceeded to listen to the Millionaire Fastlane audiobook (which I finished), and then got about 3/4 of the way through Unscripted . I remember feeling pretty pumped afterwards but I must have become overwhelmed with where to start or what to do next because I action faked and went back to my daily life.

I am 43, I have a wife, 2 kids (17, 6) and live in a semi detached house on a mortgage. I work in IT for a decent enough company on an above average wage and our household income is enough for most of the things we want to do in life. We don't have many savings but we go on nice holidays, have nice things and rarely struggle for the important things. I am grateful, I feel lucky compared to others.

For the last 20 years I have been in jobs that have been convenient for family life, I have been lucky to have been able to do the school-runs in the morning and afternoon and always attended sports days and performances. Internally though I have always felt like there is something more I need to be doing, I have kept in the comfort zone and a fear of failure has possibly held me back.

I am not getting any younger but equally I am not ready to write myself off just yet!

My goal is to be in a position where my wife and I can leave our full time jobs and be in control of our destiny. I have read a few of the gold & noteable threads on the forum and right now i'm not sure what my next step is going to be. The threads were inspiring though.

I picked up the MFL audiobook again yesterday and am going to listen to it again and then want to brainstorm until I take some actual steps. Action faking is holding me back, I need to DO and FAIL, LEARN, RINSE, REPEAT.

I want to inspire my kids and SHOW them they don't have to settle for shitty jobs they may not love.

I want to be in a position where I can retire with enough time to enjoy a good life.

A main problem for me is FOCUS. I get easily sidetracked, distracted.... again ACTION FAKING TO THE FRICKING MAX! How many tabs can you consume at one time in your browser ? I mean..

This is my home. This forum is gold. No more discord. No more pretending that small wins on NFTs are making me wealthy. I will check in here daily.

I NEED you guys. I need the support, the knowledge and the motivation of you incredible people. In return, I will PAY IT FORWARD when I get results. I want to help others who also feel trapped! We got this!!

This was therapy in a way. I have made the first step. I can't undo this post once I've sent it.

LETS F'ing go!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Well done on overcoming the inertia, you've stopped procrastinating and made a win
I have made the first step
Now to make the next one, and then keep moving.

Zoobs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 18, 2021
Thank you @p0stscript

One thing I missed out on my post and perhaps I need to ask help on this.... once I commit to something I easily become hugely overwhelmed mentally with it. I start thinking I have to do this, that, can't have time off researching, mustn't spend time doing this, because I have to do that and I literally with commit 110%. The problem I find is that I have no clear direction.

It's like a cloud comes over me.

Is this relatable?

How can I stop the brain fog?

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Thank you @p0stscript

One thing I missed out on my post and perhaps I need to ask help on this.... once I commit to something I easily become hugely overwhelmed mentally with it. I start thinking I have to do this, that, can't have time off researching, mustn't spend time doing this, because I have to do that and I literally with commit 110%. The problem I find is that I have no clear direction.

It's like a cloud comes over me.

Is this relatable?

How can I stop the brain fog?
That is very relatable, whilst having the bigger picture in mind is useful it can be overwhelming, and lead to paralysis. I find breaking the task down into smaller, achievable, parts makes it easier to focus on what must be done, know which direction you need to go, begin action and adjust as needed. You still commit 100% to the smaller task and because it can be completed within a shorter period gives you a sense of achievement sooner and helps you change direction faster if things aren't right, thus removing some of the fear associated with big tasks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zoobs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 18, 2021
I value your input. Thank you.

It's funny, I must have read that advise a hundred times but when it's in response to a post i've written it seems to have more meaning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...