I told my mother that I am going to quit college more or less , and pursue my goals, and get more time to build capital. It just does not matter to me anymore since I don't want a career. I don't care if I die trying, but I need to be a millionaire.. I only went to college to please her. I have the full support of my other immediate family which means a lot. I don’t ask my mother for anything nor does she contribute anything to me. She is just this dark energy force on my life and destroys my dreams.
She’s highly upset.. My grandma now wants me to go back on my word to please her because she doesn’t like what she is seeing (with her, not me, she was okay with my decision). My mother wants nothing to do with me for a while. She a very controlling person and always has been.
I am at the happiest point of my life so far. I just don’t know how to make her happy… if I’m not a working stiff, partying on Saturday nights (since it's so weird I stay home all the time... I tell her I don't go out..), and doing college like a normal person I am not good enough. She just disapproves of my life in general.
How would you deal with her? I am worried about her sanity to be honest.
I am kind of like at the point of just saying screw it… and do what I need to do EVEN if she cries.. I think I do too much for her since every action I do is based on her approval in the back of my mind which is horrible because I see my life/youth flying out the window, and it's just a tiresome game... but I feel evil, like I am hurting my mother.
She’s highly upset.. My grandma now wants me to go back on my word to please her because she doesn’t like what she is seeing (with her, not me, she was okay with my decision). My mother wants nothing to do with me for a while. She a very controlling person and always has been.
I am at the happiest point of my life so far. I just don’t know how to make her happy… if I’m not a working stiff, partying on Saturday nights (since it's so weird I stay home all the time... I tell her I don't go out..), and doing college like a normal person I am not good enough. She just disapproves of my life in general.
How would you deal with her? I am worried about her sanity to be honest.
I am kind of like at the point of just saying screw it… and do what I need to do EVEN if she cries.. I think I do too much for her since every action I do is based on her approval in the back of my mind which is horrible because I see my life/youth flying out the window, and it's just a tiresome game... but I feel evil, like I am hurting my mother.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
