I was sitting at work this afternoon thinking about my life and reflecting on it. Tomorrow I will be 33 and I'm sure that had a lot to do with my thinking today. Then it occurred to me that one year ago today I joined this forum. I don't post here as much as I should, and here lately I haven't been able to even visit and catch up on my readings. I'm not a super social person but I do like to go where I can learn from people that have been down the road I want to go down and are willing to share their experience from their travels.
When I first joined this community the biggest thing I learned is that it can be done. As well as the responsibility to get it done falls on no one but me. I learned that I want to make my mark on the internet, and right now I'm blogging, and honestly I'm just trying to get a passive income set up. When I learned I wanted to blog, I spent about 9 months studying them in all the free time I could find. 2010 was such a horrible year for me financially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. When I woke up Jan 1, 2011 I decided that I wasn't going to let this year be bad, and I started two blogs. I also realized that the only thing that was holding me back from doing it was myself, and my own fears. I still run both of them and they are slowly but surely building steam. I haven't made a penny off of either one of them yet, but it's only a matter of time.
I may not be able to quit my job sometime this year, or even next year. I don't know what my road in front of me holds. I go to work everyday knowing that the day will come when I get to look my boss in his eyes and tell him where to go. I keep that as my driving factor, when my days are long and aggravating I try to picture that day in my mind. When I come home at night I spend my time blogging, learning how to blog better, or meeting new people in my niches.
In closing I know a lot of people here may not remember me. I wish I had the message the I was here to pick up my little millionaire banner to go over my profile picture. MJ if you read this set one of them to the side for me, I'll be back to get it one day. At the very least to let you all know that you helped someone, you gave someone a direction, and helped show them where they wanted to go in life.
Thank you for everything
Adam
P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong board.
When I first joined this community the biggest thing I learned is that it can be done. As well as the responsibility to get it done falls on no one but me. I learned that I want to make my mark on the internet, and right now I'm blogging, and honestly I'm just trying to get a passive income set up. When I learned I wanted to blog, I spent about 9 months studying them in all the free time I could find. 2010 was such a horrible year for me financially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. When I woke up Jan 1, 2011 I decided that I wasn't going to let this year be bad, and I started two blogs. I also realized that the only thing that was holding me back from doing it was myself, and my own fears. I still run both of them and they are slowly but surely building steam. I haven't made a penny off of either one of them yet, but it's only a matter of time.
I may not be able to quit my job sometime this year, or even next year. I don't know what my road in front of me holds. I go to work everyday knowing that the day will come when I get to look my boss in his eyes and tell him where to go. I keep that as my driving factor, when my days are long and aggravating I try to picture that day in my mind. When I come home at night I spend my time blogging, learning how to blog better, or meeting new people in my niches.
In closing I know a lot of people here may not remember me. I wish I had the message the I was here to pick up my little millionaire banner to go over my profile picture. MJ if you read this set one of them to the side for me, I'll be back to get it one day. At the very least to let you all know that you helped someone, you gave someone a direction, and helped show them where they wanted to go in life.
Thank you for everything
Adam
P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong board.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
