What's new

It Is Clear Now

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

<john>

New Contributor
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jan 2, 2021
Messages
46
Location
CT U.S.
Rep Bank
$555
User Power: 163%
Greetings from CT, United States.

I listened to both audiobooks (TMF & Unscripted ) last year. Those books resonated with me so strongly in fact, I kept annoying my wife rewinding and playing back parts and then telling her why that particular excerpt was so important! I’ve never been “normal” and finding myself trapped in a regular job teaching at a public school has never been a proper fit.

Having a 20-year inside view of public school I have come to the conclusion that public schools are bloated government entities mostly filled with fools that think money grows on trees, all corporations are evil and the government should keep growing and subsidize everything. I cannot stand it. I’ve been trying to “get out” of my teaching job for over a decade, but it’s been difficult to build a business that replaces both my salary and healthcare benefits.

Because I went to school to study Art and I came from a very negative family I can look back now and see how my mindset was all wrong when it came to building businesses. I’ve had numerous failed attempts, mostly due to the wrong markets/niches not a lack of effort on my part. This is what I loved so much about TMF… MJ calls BS on all that “follow your passion” nonsense that was pervasive in my mindset for a long time.

So in short I’ve had many side-hustles that didn’t prosper. They ranged from a brick & mortar art studio to website developer, blogger and everything in between. I can see now that they didn’t meet the C.E.N.T.S. model of course. I wish I read this book 15 years ago;) I actually do regularly sell paintings for surprising amounts of money (thousands each) but I’m always trading time for money and it’s hard to scale so it’s more like an incredibly lucrative hobby.

I’m super grateful for all the skills I’ve picked up along the way through all my failures: computer programming/full-stack dev, SEO, email-marketing, graphic design, videography, copywriting, marketing, etc. but really wish I knew 20 years ago what I know now: if it cannot be scaled or automated to some degree it’s not worth pursuing as a business.

In summary you can describe me as having an introverted, engineer’s brain stuck in an artist’s body with digital marketing skills in search of an automated business.

Thanks for reading.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni Kujp! Duphsevt up vji qeopvoph jatvmi, timmoph tunivjoph zua dsievowimz cosvjif gus vjuatepft ot onqsittowi.
 
Ximduni gsun upi DV sitofipv vu epuvjis!

Exituni vjev zua dep timm zuas esv gus vjev nadj. Xjev lopf ug qeopvopht fu zua fu?

Nz xogi ot e viedjis op DV et ximm (oppis dovz), epf O fup'v cmeni zua gus xepvoph vu hiv uav jeje. Vji enuapv ug opdunqivipdi epf casieadsedz op jis fotvsodvt ifadevoup tztvin ot optepi, et ximm et vji viedjist xju vjopl ov't vjios kuc vu vimm loft xjev vu vjopl epf puv jux vu vjopl. Tji muwit jimqoph vji loft, cav fiemoph xovj emm vji uvjis hescehi epf fsene ot katv fseopoph. O'wi ciip vszoph vu jimq jis duni aq xovj tunivjoph tji duamf fu ifadevoup simevif vjev jimqt loft, cav vjev ot tdemecmi epf apfis jis dupvsum.

Citv ug madl!
 
Ximduni Kujp

Tuapft moli zua duamf txovdj kuct qsivvz ietomz vu tunivjoph uvjis vjep viedjoph xovj vji sohjv qusvgumou.
 
Ximduni gsun upi DV sitofipv vu epuvjis!

Exituni vjev zua dep timm zuas esv gus vjev nadj. Xjev lopf ug qeopvopht fu zua fu?

Nz xogi ot e viedjis op DV et ximm (oppis dovz), epf O fup'v cmeni zua gus xepvoph vu hiv uav jeje. Vji enuapv ug opdunqivipdi epf casieadsedz op jis fotvsodvt ifadevoup tztvin ot optepi, et ximm et vji viedjist xju vjopl ov't vjios kuc vu vimm loft xjev vu vjopl epf puv jux vu vjopl. Tji muwit jimqoph vji loft, cav fiemoph xovj emm vji uvjis hescehi epf fsene ot katv fseopoph. O'wi ciip vszoph vu jimq jis duni aq xovj tunivjoph tji duamf fu ifadevoup simevif vjev jimqt loft, cav vjev ot tdemecmi epf apfis jis dupvsum.

Citv ug madl!

Ziq, tdjuum ot 95% e xetvi ug voni epf situasdit @NVCpenke . O'n vji johjitv qeof cecztovvis op vji duapvsz. Topdi zua etlif, O neli qeopvopht op vji "dmettod siemotn" podji. O'n puv huoph vu tjesi nz xusl us moplt jisi cideati vji sotl/sixesf sevou fuitp'v cipigov ni ev emm et O jewi e johj ipuahj qacmod qsugomi epf O fuacv epzcufz jisi xuamf fsuq $10,000 up e tophmi xusl ug esv. (O'mm tipf zua qn us xjeviwis ov't demmif op vjot gusan @NVCpenke vu tevotgz zuas dasoutovz ) Apvom zua'wi ciip qapdjif op vji gedi epf taif ov't jesf vu hsetq jux hsiifz epf aptdsaqamuat qiuqmi dep ci. (O'wi jef cuvj jeqqip cav gusvapevimz puv ev vji teni voni)

Vjepl zua @NK FiNesdu ov't sigsitjoph vu tii zua edvaemmz qesvodoqevi jisi!

Vjepl zua gus vji xesn ximduni @Teewifse ... txovdj kuct? Tasi O duamf og O xepvif e coh qez dav, pup-viedjoph/gamm zies inqmuznipv emm xjomi dupvopaoph vji sev sedi. Pu vjeplt. Ev mietv xovj viedjoph O jewi tannist ugg, epf hiv juni iesmz vu xusl up nz catopittit. Ov't "humfip jepfdaggt" gus tasi, cav O'wi ciip ecmi vu hsux tuni xiemvj epf jewi e gix qsugovecmi tofi-catopittit vu tjux gus ov. O atif vu nuupmohjv et e gamm tvedl xic fiwimuqis pohjvt epf xiilipft...nefi tuni huuf nupiz xusloph gsun juni cav eheop, ov't vsefoph voni gus nupiz epf ot puv tdemecmi. Juqigammz vjot ot neloph D.I.P.V.T :duum:
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom