The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is YouTube a fastlane strategy‽

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
I just noticed this on YouTube on some of the channels I follow.

This can be a game changer and transform YouTube into a direct source of monetization, versus indirect. In other words, it becomes immediately scalable with good content (that still violates control).

Has anyone here deployed?

View attachment 43690
First time I'm ever seeing that. I'm guessing that's an option to tip the creator?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany

This can be a game changer and transform YouTube into a direct source of monetization, versus indirect. In other words, it becomes immediately scalable with good content (that still violates control).

View attachment 43690
They added this thing on facebook too.

Nop, did not deploy it yet on youtube but it fantastically works on facebook. I know some people who makes a lot of money(literally) almost everytime they go on live on facebook - all thanks to that feature.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany

View attachment 43690

Can we have something like this on the forum, too? Could even be done on the blockchain I guess:

I receive some BATs every month for the ads I see in the browser and I don't mind spending them on good content.
(Don't worry I've turned off the ad blocker for the fastlane forum :D)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
First time I'm ever seeing that. I'm guessing that's an option to tip the creator?

I guess, however I didn't see the option to "turn it on" in my YouTube account. Now sure how to get that to appear.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chilolo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jan 10, 2022
Is YouTube Fastlane Strategy ? [Part2]-CHANNEL vs BUSINESS.

Sorry haven’t been on the forum. Been Busy. You Know how it is.
•Anyway:
Previously I stated that YouTube is not a fast lane strategy. Because you lack control and most of you agreed but nevertheless. Most of you in addition stated that it’s the way you use the platforms that truly matters.
•For Example (explained):[MJ Reply Paraphrased in addition to my notes]
1:YouTube is a CHANNEL. ( That goes the same for Amazon, tik-tok, Instagram, Facebook… etc.)
2:Have a product or service that you control.
3:Use a CHANNEL/S as a way to reach a wider audience.
•WARNING :
1: When the channel is/becomes the BUSINESS, you violate/violated CONTROL.
•Noting everything above:
Let’s assess my failed attempts. (The point of this is to learn from them and see where to improve.)
▪︎First of all let’s look at what I have to work with/had (equipment, inventory, and skills):
1:I don’t have money.
2:I have a Phone.
3:I have a Lenovo tablet.
4:I live in South Africa and power outages are often well at least for the area I’m living in + Bad Network(Mobile Data &WI-FI )
5:Wireless keyboard + Drawings stylus.
◇Brief summary:
I did not have enough money to buy a laptop nor do I have enough money to buy a laptop .I had to become creative so I taught myself how to edit on a mobile Device (my tablet) Using inshot. I also taught myself digital art ibis paint X .
6:Video Editing.
7:Digital Drawing.
*Optional additional information:
OK this is debatable
When I was testing out the social medias I notice that not every social media pays back the same amount of time. Please note that this is from my own observations I’m not so sure if this is correct.
First, let’s compare YouTube and tik-tok. For a long term strategy l feel that YouTube is a better option because it pays you bette in time .let’s say you upload 10 videos and most of them do not have views but overtime once you have the right formula in the right audience your audience will go back and re watch most of your old videos which pays you greatly in time. Now with tik-tok I feel like tik-tok has as fast timeline( the subjective experience timeline on tik-tok is faster than YouTube’s) so it’s all quick videos short and quick and yes most people are gonna re watch most of your videos but highly unlikely most people on tik-tok are there and gone in a second. The short format is great for adverts but it’s not great if you wanna make an audience that will stay committed .I feel that YouTube has a better commitment basis than tik-tok. Yes Twitter & Instagram etc…have their own issues but my main focus was I need something that will pay back me my efforts that I put in. For goodness sake I have to jump through hoops just to release one video editing on a tablet is harder in comparison to editing on a laptop(if you disagree “BITE ME”) .Sometimes the video did not even wanna export or the lack of storage and also the frame rate and the quality of video did not do me any favors. So I’d rather go through hell making an hour-long video or 30-minutes video than waste my time making hundreds of videos that will not pay me back in time.
*Tangent:
In high school, at the beginning of every term I used to ask my teachers for all their homework we had and I will do it within a week so that later on I would have time. Time to learn new skills that are not related to school time to do what I needed to do. time to prepare for exams without worrying about what the teacher wants next week or tomorrow. Preparation is important to me prior to the time it’s due.

•Okay Let’s Start:[Business attempts]
1:BEE LOVE ADD-(YouTube)
☆About:
The idea was to make better creative artworks related to the niche called doodle art. Mixed with fan art of popular TV shows or series.
☆Analysis:
The business did not make C.E.N.T.S and I was also following my passions so I went to the N.E.C.T.S.
2: Infotainment [1]-(YouTube)
☆About:
The idea was to make motivational videos based on anime you know the ones .The ones that you see on YouTube about With dramatic music at the background and powerful speech in the foreground. The pump you up with temporary motivation.(anime has one of the most Dramatic cringiest speeches)
The plan was to make short one minute videos that I can quickly make in my spare time. They ware 30 seconds to a one minute video that I can quickly upload daily.Then uploaded on either YouTube or tik-tok.
☆Problem /convenience/ make better:[ Analysis ]
What I noticed was that there were not a lot of channels dedicated to anime speeches compared to the ones that you see with movie clips. And when there was most of them were lazily edited simple had no theme.
✓Analyzation conclusion:
I failed because I thought of this as a BUSINESS not a CHANNEL and on top of that it did not make C.E.N.T.S.
2: Infotainment[2]-(YouTube):
☆About:
The idea was to turn light novels into audio books.
☆Problem /convenience/ make better:[Analysis]
But I noticed with the light novel audio adaptations on YouTube was that most of them were lazily converted into an audio file. For one most of the channels had a robotic translator a (text to speech A.I).And the ones that had voice actors were Lazily vocalized. There were no signs of danger or a sense of pace, if you are on the first chapter or the third chapter.
My plan was to add life to the voice narration And add sound effects to the fight scenes And add sound effects to add ambiance(I add wind when they say the wind blows, I add Thunder when they say Thunder striked.) this way you’re not only just Listening to a book you are experiencing it.
✓Analyzation conclusion:
Short-term this would have worked. There it is again, I thought of this as a BUSINESS not a CHANNEL and on top of that it did not make C.E.N.T.S. I did not have the legal right to turn this light novels into audiobooks sooner or later I’ll be copyright claimed.
3:My-Notes:
☆About:
The idea was that too make book summaries or videos related to finance. (Mini documentaries &mini summaries).
☆Problem /convenience/ make better: [Analysis]
What I saw was that most of the book summaries On YouTube poorly edited. (some of them I’m sorry to say were poorly written, poorly summarized And barely translate what the book was talking about. it seems to me that some of them went on Google and copied the summary and paraphrased it. And trust me I suck at reading and spelling but even I noticed.)
Sadly that’s not the only thing this YouTube channel was going to be about. During this time I was Listening and watching a lot of Earl Nightingale [ Earl Nightingale was an American radio speaker and author, dealing mostly with the subjects of human character development, motivation, and meaningful existence. He was the voice during the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio program host from 1950 to 1956. ]
Please note I do not totally agree with everything he has said. but nevertheless,what he speaks about is valid to our modern living. and that's why a lot of people like watching end listening to his audios and works.
And with such a big fan base most of the audios on YouTube are converted into video with visuals. And I’m sorry to say most of those edits what terrible some of them were not even translating the message. I will post my version and a different version that I found online of “The Strangest Secret” by Earl Nightingale. And I know you guys already having red flags going on in in your head when you hear “THE” and “SECRET” in the same sentence. But it’s not about what is said, it’s more about what is complementing what is said( the visuals that I edited in).
(But anyway feel free to comment on "the strangest secret" if you watch the video I would like to hear your opinion on it honestly ,I am just curious because I don’t think a lot of people speak about this audio anymore.)
The Strangest Secret by EarlNightingale(I could only find the audio version)

The Strangest Secret by EarlNightingale(Re Edited By Yours Truly)
☆Analysis:
I failed not only because I did not follow the sense commandments but I did not know what are my assets and what are my liabilities. For example yes I could do research on the books on the audios but the problem is the network here is not reliable because I have to get all the visuals and download them. During that time there was a lot of outages during the week for two months straight this is not sustainable .if you're running a company you would losing not only your money but your TIME!! I was doing somersaults just to release one video.
Yes at the end of the day within two months I only released one video .”ONE VIDEO!!” that took hell of a long time because every time when the power goes out I couldn’t do anything because I did not have the visuals. Let me add this just in case. Yes I could have pre saved all the visuals when the power was back on and the network was on. Honestly this is a failure to my part. I should have strategized around that issue and downloaded during when the power is on and then start editing when the power is off this was just me as an amateur editor. Pre planning is very important and I’ve learned from that.
The next thing is relative value ,my first video was “The Strangest Secret” most people in our days do not even type that into YouTube. Even Earl Nightingale most people don’t type that in anymore.
The biggest failure is that's I viewed the channel as a BUSINESS not as a CHANNEL. I had no product or service to provide to the viewers yes I could have built that later on but in my mind I was seeing the CHANNEL as a BUSINESS.
It might be stupid now but with that type of state of mind all you think about is the views ,the subscribers and the competition. which is not bad but in this context my competition is 7-3 years old (that’s how old the other channels were compared to my own). Of course they’re gonna have more views than me it was Relative back then right now it’s not relative value.(It’s not relative content).Nobody was complaining about it nobody needed it I wasn’t solving any problem. I was solving a problem that was outdated.
✓Analyzation conclusion:
I thought of this as a BUSINESS not a CHANNEL and on top of that it did not make C.E.N.T.S.
4:My-Notes[2]-(Websites):
☆About:
A website where I analyze YouTube videos giving financial advice good financial advice and give good YouTube recommendations for people that are starting off on their financial journey. With additional notes underneath each video and transcripts. And people can vocalize to see different POV’s.
☆Analysis:( in this one I feel like I’m just ranting)
Honestly this one was just an idea a fart in the wind. A good idea that my equipment cannot allow. I mean you, Try to find a way to build a website on a tablet. Honestly I feel like this is a great potential. But there’s so many websites about how to make money I wouldn’t be able to stand out without at least a little bit of marketing and I don’t have that . And not to say l would have to join the SEO Rat race. And with a domain that states, dot WIX , dot Shopify , dot Square Space, dot WordPress looks sketchy. Most of you would not bat an eye on this website and just walk away.
Honestly I would like some forethought on this because I totally have no idea. What I’m talking about.
In conclusion yes this business idea followed all the C.E.N.T.S commandments(I think. I gave up on it so fast ,you have no idea) but at the end of the day I did not execute I did not accomplish. No execution no results.
5:Anime Recap-(YouTube):
☆About:
The ideas was too summarize animation and anime series.(From hours to minutes).
☆Analysis:
Unlike with the other YouTube channel this one has relative value. At first I started noticing that most of the recap channels were only recapping films (life actions). And I ignored it… After a month behold there were all these anime related recap channels. Yes there are plenty now .
But most of them just summarize anime related movies or 12 to 24 episode series (for those of you that do not know, anime have 12 episodes(1Season).It’s mostly because of budget but one arc equals 12–13 episodes 2 equals 26 etc). It seems to me that since the demand for this recap videos are getting higher. each channel is in a race with the other two release as many videos as possible so they rather go for videos or shows that end quickly this way they can finish a video. A competition of quantity over quality(it’s a fight for viewers). Most of these channels are really simple videos with a narrator saying the summary and boring background music and visuals that I just panels. It’s a competition of quantity because at the end of the day how many videos are you gonna watch about a summary of a TV show that you like. Most likely only one video you're not gonna be looking for different channels and looking for the same series that has been summarized.
So the plan was or is to make series summaries of anime that go over 100 episodes. Make a video that takes so long. That most people would not attempt to copy it. The plan is to summarize a series so long most people that are going to edit the video will give up before even finishing the video(not only the video but the franchise). No more 6 to 14 minute video summaries of a 12 episode anime but and an 30 minutes to an hour long video of 100 episode And up anime Summary.
☆Analysis:
Yes this business strategy does not follow the send commandments.
For one control I do not have control of the business YouTube does no do I have a product to sell to the viewers later on but I feel like this can be changed in due time. Licensing Is also a high risk that the owner of the animation can copyright claim or demand that I take down the video.
entry the barrier to entry is the length of the video most editors and most youtubers make videos that are 14 to 30 minutes but mine will be 30 minutes to an hour.
Need yes there's a demand but I’m not solving necessarily a problem I’m just making a convenience.
Time yes this pays me in time it will take me maybe a month to edit one video but in due time it will pay off.
Scale yes I can touch millions in effect millions.( sadly I do not have magnitude I’m not changing somebody’s life but I’m making a convenience for them instead of spending hours and weeks watching 100 hours series I summarize it for them within two hours or less.)
Sadly I feel like I might be wrong about my analyzation of this channel.
✓Analyzation conclusion:
I thought of this as a BUSINESS not a CHANNEL and on top of that it did not make C.E.N.T.S.

6:Course-(Skillshare):
☆About:
The idea was to teach how to edit on mobile and do digital art on mobile.(How to make comics ,how to make a MV (music video) , how to edit on mobile , How to animate On mobile and The VFX on mobile etc…)
☆Analysis:
Selling courses on Skillshare the plan was simple teach people how to edit on their phone or make different types of contents on their phone. And on skillshare there is not a lot of teachers teaching how to use in short on mobile devices. And honestly I don’t think there's a market for it most people that are using their mobile devices to edit so that they don’t have skills it’s that they don't have money. And therein lies the problem I was seeing this as a BUSINESS not as a CHANNEL (and I was running after money). The moment when you start noticing the CHANNEL as the BUSINESS that's when it becomes a problem. At this point I was in desperation, and after 2 weeks of editing a two hour course and I uploaded to Skillshare. My offer was rejected. This BUSINESS strategy violates the C.E.N.T.S commandments there was no control there was, no entry there was, no need there was, no time there was and no scale. In conclusion I it failed under pressure and destroyed my ego(I also had reached the point of burnout) .
I feel like this analysis is a bit harsh. This was at the beginning of my journey I was still learning how to edit and it took time. I was always focused on the event not the process.
I paid for it with suffering. Event driven leads to suffering
✓Analyzation conclusion:
(Was also running up the money.)

7:Merchandise store-(RedBubble):
☆About:
The plan was to sell licensed fan art, of same of the biggest brands in Partnership with redbubble.(Disney, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon etc..)
☆Analysis:
Oh man this one. Is so terrible.
You see on Redbubble they have a partnership program with some of the biggest brands out there so you design something and you can sell it without getting copyright claimed or sued which is fantastic. So the deal was simple you make designs they take off some of the revenue from your sale you get some of the money simple. And I noticed that most people on Redbubble did not have a store dedicated to just fan branded designs. So my plan was to make a whole store with branded designs fanmade. and most people when they see your original drawing versus a drawing of a famous brand they’re most likely gonna take a famous brand. So you would upload wait for a certain amount of time a month maybe 2 for them to analyze whether it followed the guidelines that were given to you when you signed up for the licensed artwork. then they will send you an email and then they will approve your artwork in which you can sell on Redbubble for whatever price and you can get the revenue. Well that was supposed to be the plan so I took the whole of December and waited and waited and grinded it was a struggle to finish this designs because I really wanted something high quality so I took my time. And there comes January I’m ready to upload ready with the weapons everything was set, I go to the upload your fan art button then I click the list to select what Brand will be uploading and there’s nothing. Yes NOTHING, no one insight no Cartoon Network, no Disney, adult Swim and no Nickelodeon. They all CANCELLED their partnership with the Redbubble(redbubble.com). I had wasted my TIME ,wasted my efforts because I violated CONTROL. I thought I had entry because most people want upload these designs because you have to have to wait for approval to start selling these.(I thought I was clever because most people on REDBUBBLE were there for the money and I thought I was the only one who was seeing the long-term benefits of this strategy. how wrong I was) I thought it had C.E.N.T.S but it ain’t (ent).

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS(or what did you learn)… do you have any advice for me for the N.E.C.T.S steps.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
In my opinion it is not a fastlane if you are doing it yourself or starting off like so. On the other hand if you could outsource everything right off the bat then perhaps it could be.

Is YouTube a fastlane strategy
What are your Thoughts.

Here are Main
I think that on YouTube you are not in control of any think. The Money you get. The system meaning you have to follow there rules not your own.
I have learned you tube is a very useful resource when designing a new product to enter the market. You can design a prototype and film friends or family using it.This is helpful for engineers. There are other factors to inventing I won't go into details but yes YOU TUBE can be effective in getting negotiations on the table.

Chilolo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jan 10, 2022
I just wanted to say "THANK YOU Mj and everyone" for answering. i'm truly honored
It can be, depending on how you use it.

Just make sure you then get them off YouTube into something you can control (such as an email list)

Here's a list of YouTube progress threads

It can be once you find a problem/ a need to satisfy, but there is a big problem - the needs are very abstract and cannot be found without trial and error most of the time so you will need to keep making videos see what works and keep pivoting until you find a niche which can be very lengthy in terms of time. IMO not worth the time and hassle unless love to make videos and don't mind spending 3 - 10 years building an audience then it might be for you.

In my opinion it is not a fastlane if you are doing it yourself or starting off like so. On the other hand if you could outsource everything right off the bat then perhaps it could be.

Control - you can get kicked of Youtube at any time, but you can get some control by driving traffic to your website. For example, I learned about this forum on Youtube.

Entry - anyone can start a channel, but it takes some very particular skills to be successful.

Need - depends on the niche you choose and how well you deliver.

Time - your videos will continue to exist over time, but most people that make a lot of money are making videos as a full time job. However, you could hire people to do this for you.

Scale - fully compliant. You make a video once, but it can get millions of views.

So this business model is not fully compliant with CENTS.
You can get something out of it and you will learn some skills, but I wouldn't bet the family farm on this one thing, unless you plan to become (or already are) exceptionally good at it.

It violates Control, but don't get obsessed with fulfilling all commandments. A ton of people are making money on YouTube, Play/Apple Store, gaming platforms, and a very long etc. Just don't do dumb things and you should be fine.

Not fully C.E.N.T.S proof as solely a fastlane strategy, but it could be a part of a Fastlane strategy. Also this is all subjective to your current set of skills and the angle you attack the particular niche: editing, creativity, narration, algorithm knowledge, marketing, brand knowledge, and the ability to engage an audience via a screen. If you skew all of these skills and value, I think you stand a good chance. If you don't mind working hard to excel or learn those skills, or if you're really good them already, then YouTube is amazing.

There's always room for better production or value skew!

Use it as one part of a multifaceted strategy. If your business is “make a YouTube channel,” you don’t have a business. But if making a YouTube channel is one little side part of your business, you’re on the right track.

Very true.

Lack of control but there can be diversification and risk mitigationstrategies.

Telegram group to retain fans and inform them of your new channel if your first channel got banned.

I agree with this.

From what I've experienced it's more of a hobby than anything. It can be tremendously rewarding too when you're learning deeply about subjects so you can teach viewers online. The only thing I'll say though is that there is virtually no barrier to entry -- everyone has a phone and internet access for the most part and starting a youtube channel is free -- and you have no control over whether youtube decides your video is acceptable for monetization. You post one thing wrong and your entire channel could come under review. I've known and seen people who have lost out on monetization for the oddest reasons. Although, as a fan of Youtube and what many content creators do I'd say go for it if you have a good idea. Just don't expect to make much unless you take a massive amount of action.

YouTube is a channel.
Like Amazon.
Like TikTok.
Like IG.
Like Facebook.

Have a product/service that you control, and use these channels to reach bigger audiences. When the channel becomes the business, you violate control. And when you violate control, bad things can happen.

I like youtube for the fact that media now , and talent is NOT controlled in a few select hands, with gate keepers and schooling / networking / Cronyism stopping you from doing your thing.

If you have (some) Talent, Grit and Dedication youtube is an excellent platform to promote yourself, your products, your business or your knowledge.

You don't have to do it 'all' on there, or have it as a standalone platform - but more so as a tool to reach a wider audience available at your fingertips - with production costs not exceeding more than an inexpensive iphone or a cheap gopro camera.

I'm constantly amused and fascinated how hundreds (thousands?) of ordinary folks are able to build up their channels, with nothing more then a fancy phone in their hand, no outlandish production skills or team -- and bring in hundreds of thousands if not millions of regular viewers to their page. With that def comes a great paycheck, whether in ad revenue, sponsorships or building of their brands on and off line (affect millions, make millions!).

And yes - it's not fully fastlane, it does violate control, and (time) to a certain extent as you are the product on that platform, and you gotta keep churning out videos to grow it - but it contains so much reach and other great aspects that it's tough to pass up for much of any business.

When we were selling automotive products, a customer of ours happened to be a big youtuber in a certain niche and made a small 15 minute video describing the product thoroughly. We got countless sales and referrals just from that one video alone.

It's not for everyone, and not everyone brings the skill / charm / wit / dedication to use it as a decent platform for themselves - but I still think there is massive opportunity if used correctly!

To add to this, something I find really amazing and inspiring about online platforms like YouTube, is that they are not fixed sum.

You can have an infinite number of large accounts. Sure, they are relative, but how many channels can you subscribe to? I bet you haven't maxed out your subscriptions yet.

There is a lot of wealth out there to be made, an ever-increasing pie, NOT a fixed pie. Sorry to derail the topic a bit ;)

When you only use YouTube as your only business, it violates the point of control, but even then you can make a good amount of money with it.

But when you use YouTube to funnel your products, it can become fastlane, for example Logan paul. Which startet out as a small YouTube evolved into a real businesses. I dont want to know how much money he makes just promoting a drink.

Youtube is great if you have already have a product/service you want to sell and it can become a great traffic source.

But creating a youtube channel solely for adsense revenue and sponsorships is different. You don't have control over that. Some can do it rather quickly following certain strategies. In most cases, it takes much longer. Though, it can be a great side project that can add an additional income stream if you don't rely on it as a sole revenue source and can be patient enough to delay gratification from it.

In all honesty, you can probably build a newsletter business faster than a youtube channel.

With that said, I'm all for youtube. After working inside businesses and helping people with different platforms, Youtube is definitely the best. Tiktok is "hot" right now, but Youtube has the most longevity.

I'm thinking about starting a channel on making video game props. I'd then use the channel to drive traffic to my Etsy store. Would you consider it fastlane?

It could be. See the post by @MJ DeMarco above? Youtube is just one channel. Etsy is also just one channel. What kind of products are you selling on Etsy? Are you making them by hand, yourself? That doesn't sound "fastlane" - but everything is a process, you don't start at the finish line either.

It could be a great step in the right direction.

edit: didn't read the "video game prop" part. Doesn't seem to fulfill Need or Control or Entry. But I could be wrong because I don't know much about your product specifically.

Yeah, ive always had this question my self and i didn't start for years as it violated control but you cant get caught up in the cents idea. Ive started now but as a platform to grow an audience and move them over where i have more control.

Like those?

Now you are no longer violating Control (twice - Youtube and Etsy), but you are also violating:
  • Need - How many people will actually want to buy those?
  • Time - You're going to spend your own time making those items / creating the videos.
  • Scale - The business doesn't scale properly. To sell 10 items you have to manufacture 10. To sell 100 you have to manufacture 100.

You only have E out of CENTS.

You could still pursue this, it's a great hobby if you like doing it and you might get some experience out of it. But I would never count on this to put bread on the table, let alone to turn it into a fastlane business.

for most people, probably not (as stated above it violates C for sure).. THAT SAID a lot of the recommended videos coming up on my feed are from people who started within the past 18 months and get 100k+ views per video.

i feel like there are two 'modes' of youtuber, ones who slowly gain an organic viewing, starting with dozens/hundreds, then moving to hundreds, and eventually onto thousands of views per video. this can happen over years.

but it seems like a lot of people enjoying financial success from youtube are getting thousands of views on their initial few videos, tens of thousands by month 3, and hundreds of thousands by month 12. i would say if you can find a niche and format that gets you views, whether as a business or hobby it's something worse pursuing.

Yep exactly like those. You're right and I've been a pit of a pleb, do people actually want or need them? They don't solve any problem, they are just very giftable. Yes would be making them myself and using 3D printing which is slow.

The part the keeps me thinking is the power of a personal brand. I have alot of content ideas that I think people would enjoy, I just have some personal insecurities on starting which is what holds me back. But with a following I feel like you have alot of options at your disposal.

In general though, I'm very confused and unsure on my direction next

I believe it can be. YouTube isn't going anywhere and people who get millions of views on their videos are making bank. Videos that were created years ago are still getting views too and it could lead to bigger opportunities.

View attachment 43690

They added this thing on facebook too.

Nop, did not deploy it yet on youtube but it fantastically works on facebook. I know some people who makes a lot of money(literally) almost everytime they go on live on facebook - all thanks to that feature.

For a while I have noticed it too...

I have learned you tube is a very useful resource when designing a new product to enter the market. You can design a prototype and film friends or family using it.This is helpful for engineers. There are other factors to inventing I won't go into details but yes YOU TUBE can be effective in getting negotiations on the table.
THANK YOU I'm grateful

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.