The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is your dating life fulfilling?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

GDalf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
Hey guys,

Been lurking for a while and wanted to get some feedback on an information product I have in the works on how to improve your dating life.

Is dating an area where a lot of fast laners could improve in? Are you unsatisfied with your dating life? How do you try to improve it (if at all)? Do you use dating apps? What has your experience been like?

I'd love to hear some input, and perhaps gets a few testers for my product once it's done.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
Hey guys,

Been lurking for a while and wanted to get some feedback on an information product I have in the works on how to improve your dating life.

Is dating an area where a lot of fast laners could improve in? Are you unsatisfied with your dating life? How do you try to improve it (if at all)? Do you use dating apps? What has your experience been like?

I'd love to hear some input, and perhaps gets a few testers for my product once it's done.

Thanks!

Tinder changed everything....

Kaleb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Sep 3, 2015
Tennessee
Absolutely terrible. Have yet to meet a single like minded lady using tinder or anything like it. Everybody's idea of fun seems to be partying and getting wasted all the time as well as a lack of financial intellect. IE check out my new car I just financed for graduating and am now trapped paying for. Help

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Although I haven't found that 'special one' I have a suggestion to guys who are actively looking for one:

Hang around places you'd expect to find one. For instance, if you're looking for a woman who is into entrepreneurship, attend an entrepreneurship seminar and follow the following steps:

1) Begin prospecting - separate suspects from prospects
2) Build rapport - once you've found prospect, focus your attention on gaining trust and likeability
3) Identify preferences - spend more time listening, less time talking and identify what your cherry girl likes/dislikes
4) Deliver a persuasive conversation - use everything you've learned from 1-3 steps to deliver a killer conversation
5) Overcome objections - use everything you've learned from 1-3 steps to overcome objections in style
6) Close her - smile, be confident and close her by either getting her number (for beta dudes), kissing her (semi-beta dudes) or asking her to help you test a durability and bounce rate of a hotel mattress (alpha male)
7) Repeat the process or get referrals - if you've collected the right information, used it accordingly and properly closed her, she will undoubtedly be willing to repeat the process with you multiple times and will become your loyal cherry girl...however, if you've failed and she doesn't want to repeat the process, you could either repeat the step 5 or simply get referrals from her of other girls who are into your stuff...

Best of luck!

Last edited:

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Absolutely terrible. Have yet to meet a single like minded lady using tinder or anything like it. Everybody's idea of fun seems to be partying and getting wasted all the time as well as a lack of financial intellect. IE check out my new car I just financed for graduating and am now trapped paying for. Help
When you are part of the 1% the 99% don't look so good. It's tough to find people who are prosperity minded and "Unscripted ". Obviously there is a need for decent dating platform so Gdalf may be onto something here. You always find what you are looking for after you stop looking for it. Just as joke,"You always find it in the last place you look." LOL

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
You'd date a girl that f***** you the first night you met?

Yikes.

If we both end up having sex on a first date it just means that we're really into each other. What determines if she's a dating material is what we do together after that night. I think I smell Victorian notions of propriety in your question...

GDalf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
This is all good stuff, I was interested to hear how fast lane types might experience these apps differently. Still happy to hear about more experiences!

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
You'd date a girl that f***** you the first night you met?

Yikes.
One of the most real relationships I ever had was with a woman who did that. She was loyal as hell, too. Pity she was 20 years my senior, would have made great marriage material.

To answer the OP's question, yes. Dating is a huge pain point for most people I talk to. Unfortunately, that pain point arises because of the individuals they're dating, not because of the service that connects them.

My first thought would be a secular dating service focused on long term relationships/marriage, like e-harmony but way better.

GDalf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
Right, can definitely get behind that idea. I'm thinking of a more entrepreneur/fastlane type of dating resource, almost along the lines of the 4 hour work week, but for dating. I've had a lot of success using dating apps and other resources to fast-track the dating experience (in my opinion), and wondering if this type of information would be useful to others.

Raaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 22, 2017
UK
Well, I've invited a guy to a tech networking entrepreneur BBQ event. Two birds in one stone?

I don't date often though

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016
Hey guys,

Thanks!

What is your idea? Is it another PUA book or an App? Most advice out there is awful

GDalf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
Not 100% set on it yet which is why I'm conducting some "research", but I'm leaning towards an e-book. Nothing too intense, but there seems to be a market out there, especially considering, as you say, most advice out there is awful. I think I can provide real value

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016
Not 100% set on it yet which is why I'm conducting some "research", but I'm leaning towards an e-book. Nothing too intense, but there seems to be a market out there, especially considering, as you say, most advice out there is awful. I think I can provide real value

How would your advice be different? Most of the advice out there are plaguarized from other PUA nonsense out there.

GDalf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
couple angles I'm looking at taking are that it's geared more towards the fastlaner, so how to make efficient use of the dating tools out there today (read: apps) to save time and improve the quality of your dates, and includes more real life applications such as screenshots from actual convos, success/failure stories, and plans of action for implementation.

I've had extensive conversations with plenty of people from both genders regarding modern dating and dating apps, and I think there's some room there - of course, if it's quality stuff. I do have a working draft and will be looking for alpha readers at some point if anyone is interested!

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016
couple angles I'm looking at taking are that it's geared more towards the fastlaner, so how to make efficient use of the dating tools out there today (read: apps) to save time and improve the quality of your dates, and includes more real life applications such as screenshots from actual convos, success/failure stories, and plans of action for implementation.

I've had extensive conversations with plenty of people from both genders regarding modern dating and dating apps, and I think there's some room there - of course, if it's quality stuff. I do have a working draft and will be looking for alpha readers at some point if anyone is interested!

I use to struggle with this area of my life and I can already give you some negative feedback. These ideas have been discussed on other forums and I don't really think there is much value. Dating Apps are the WORSE advice you can give an average looking dude. The pareto principle applies, 20% of dudes(6ft tall, rich, good looking. 5%body fat) are dating 80% of the women. Dating Apps are ENTIRELY based on looks alone. I was thinking of writing one myself but thought the market has already been oversaturated with bullshit PUA that I put it on the bottom of my ideas list. You have to come up with something truly ground breaking.

GDalf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
I definitely agree with most of what you're saying, so trying to create some discussion to see if I can spot any room for improvement. I also think there are guys that could benefit from some good advice, but like you said, the market is flooded and they may not even be out there willing to pay for said advice.

I also think that part of it is geography, because success or failure with certain apps can vary widely depending on what city/type of city you are in (government town, university town, etc.). Not 100% sure if I'll go through with it, but I really appreciate the feedback

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016
I definitely agree with most of what you're saying, so trying to create some discussion to see if I can spot any room for improvement. I also think there are guys that could benefit from some good advice, but like you said, the market is flooded and they may not even be out there willing to pay for said advice.

I also think that part of it is geography, because success or failure with certain apps can vary widely depending on what city/type of city you are in (government town, university town, etc.). Not 100% sure if I'll go through with it, but I really appreciate the feedback

You have to give some free samples of your product before people bite and it has to work. This is covered really well in Unscripted .

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
My wife put a serious crimp in my dating life...

Agreed @JScott lol.

I took some dating courses back in the day that I did find quite helpful as they were direct exposure where you had to approach girls one on one throughout the day. It was a good experience overall and really helped me fulfill a desire that was lacking in my life at the time. Looking back at it now, I wish I didn't spend so much time caught up trying to get women and stayed focused on the real life goal of creating freedom.

I think the approach is great, but it comes down to finding people who have like minded values for the most part. So potentially looking at factors like:

- Are both people pursuing a fastlane path or have aspirations to pursue a fastlane path while dating.
- Could these potential partners have supportive qualities when the going gets tough?
- Do they aspire to have a life of freedom and potential uncertainty or would they rather have a life of comfort and stability?
- Do potential suitors have good qualities and actually want to add value to dating/relationship/etc.?

I am kind of rambling here, I think you have a good area to focus on. Keep in mind, the barrier to entry is low in this area and as others have stated a lot of the information out there is regurgitated over and over again.

Good luck!

GDalf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
I appreciate the advice from all. @Dunkafelics , would you mind discussing a bit about the courses you took, in terms of what you did or didn't like?

startinup

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jul 8, 2016
This may be a bit off-topic, but if I see somewhere I can help, got to do it.

Unfortunately this is where Tinder is weak. It can be good if you're just trying to have fun, but for a relationship with more like-minded people you can't use Tinder as you're only option.

Here's a simple process that if followed will find you like-minded girls:
  1. Think about the types of girls you'd like to meet.
  2. Where would these types of girls hang out or go regularly? (Bookstores, cafes, on the street, the gym, etc.) Brainstorm a short list.
  3. Go to the places that you brainstormed and use the following questions to help pick the best. How many girls do you normally see there? Are there lots of new girls there or just the same ones? Go to the places at different times and see if certain times are better.
  4. Pick the 3 best places.
  5. Put it on your schedule to go to those places to meet girls a couple times a week. You have to do it to make the day successful.
  6. Go to the places, set a goal to approach x girls you think look interesting/cute/etc. (The goal should be just out of your comfort zone)
  7. Find a girl who fits what you're looking for :)

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Based on flipping through some of the comments I'm assuming OP is looking for some pain points related to dating in general, but now we're merging into the dating app angle, which I feel can be improved. Take this with a grain of salt, or feel free to scratch my itch. If one person has this issue, I have a fair guess a lot of people will. But seriously, these issues I'm about to bring up have been bugging me so hard for several months.

On the other hand, this solution has the possibility to completely ruin dating platforms for everyone.

Male behavior on these platforms usually goes something like this (On Tinder):
1: Swipe Right on EVERYONE. Indefinitely. If you have the plus plan, you can swipe literally everyone within your specifications.
2: See who matches
3: Filter through results and unmatch uggos
4: Start chatting to everyone and see who sticks

Now for some painpoints...
-Doing this Manually sucks.
-The only way to get a semi-reliable bot to do this automatically was Bernie AI, which recently shut down.
-Bernie AI would "like" people based on facial features. Cool idea, but dude. I'm on Tinder. I'm not looking at your face. I'd really rather just have something that runs in the background that likes everyone.

Bells and Whistles?
I'll begin with a story. December 2016, I drove 100 miles away to the nearest college town (big Ivy League Uni) just to get away. I ran my "Swipe Right Routine," and lo and behold, there is a higher concentration of college chicks who matched me. It was an absurd number of matches.

But you know what sucks? I wanted to message ALL of them. Imagine copy+pasting for half an hour.
And then there was logistics. Moving "leads" down the "pipeline." Staying on top of it all is like another job.

Now, Bernie AI had an autoresponder (with multiple stages...imagine that!), but the UI was clunky.
So an incredibly helpful tool would be not only a tool to send out new icebreakers to my matches in an easy-to-manage UI, but as a data-driven person I also want to see the response rate of my icebreakers. Then A/B test my icebreakers. Create new autoresponder sequences, all the way to an AI scheduling the date.

There's even a dude who linked Tinder to a CRM to manage his "leads." It was insane. I'll have to find the article and post it below.

The worst part of the article is that he was only mildly good-looking. Imagine the "Nice Guy" Tuba player in high school with a flat tire...20 years later and losing hair.
Can you imagine how much a Leonardo Dicaprio lookalike could leverage a bot and autoresponder sequence?

The final nail in the coffin would be to do everything from above, but link ALL of your "leads" from multiple dating apps into one platform.
A unified place to see everyone from Happn, Tinder, Bumble, Hot or Not, etc... Again, Bernie AI did this but only for Tinder and Happn. Your ability to support multiple apps will depend on the app itself obviously.

Anyway, this has sorta turned into a long-a$$ rant, but seriously.
The only logical way to go about making a "dating app for Fastlaners" or a dating tool for people who don't make dating a huge priority right now is just to have a program that runs and does everything for you.

So there you have it. A blueprint to potentially destroy the dating app space, or a blueprint to allow the small power users to leverage it infinitely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I'm retired from dating! I've mastered all the relationship lessons. The only one's left are the same one's I've already learned. It's kind of like walking out the Matrix and getting the Entrepreneurship. You can only grow so far in relationships. This is usually what ends the relationship in the first place. You've out grown one another. While I have a partner. I met them on a video game in 2010.

I watched 20/20 in 2007 and some other couple were talking about how they met on this video game, and so I tried it. It worked. I seriously don't think you can look for a person. I've talked to tons of individuals online for seven years. You might find a lot of people seeking out short-term gains and short-term pleasure, but perhaps you just have to be in the right place at the right time. No different than offline. In my younger years, I usually met the person through friends, showing up at underground concerts, group activities, working, networking. Is there really a definite route to finding the person you feel is the one. Even my partner I met online, I met his friend first. He lives around the block from us now. Sometimes your friends dump a partner, and you're a better fit. lol

The funny part, "You won't find anyone at home. They'll never come knock on your door." I met mine sitting on a computer at home. He flew to my country twice, before I moved over here. But, you can't be an idiot either. That took five years knowing someone, before taking that leap. Some individuals are stupid and move after a week, a month, a year.

I wouldn't want to be a Millennial these days. They're co-vert, sabotaging, some clever games with the opposite sex, nothing means anything, and they take mind games to a new level. I've just been friends with some of them, and I wouldn't even think of the stuff they do. lol

jamez1515

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jul 22, 2017
Miami, USA
First of all I am not so active on dating sites because I heard 90% of those dating sites are scam. So I don't want to waste my money.
My answers are
1. I am not satisfied.
2. I am doing nothing to improve.
3. I only use Tinder.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
My dating advice: Go to church and lock down the first nice girl that isn't in a massive amount of debt. You think I'm setting the bar low - until you try to find a girl under 30 that isn't in debt. It's like finding a unicorn. :thumbsup:

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Me and my girl been together since 2010. So 7 years. :wideyed:

For the young people, it's hard finding a loyal, good girl. I'm not trying to be offensive but nowadays, some girls are no good!

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Lol @ this beta-thread

clip_image001%25255B3%25255D.jpg

The better your looks, brains, income, empathy, skills, ... the easier it gets to find something worthy. Yes, it's that simple. Good girls are like rich guys: they have more choices. Up to you to find out why they (won't) choose for you.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
A friend of mine hacked Tinder (legally). He gets 5-8 matches a week and they're stunners too. It's not as hard as you think it. There's a lot of psychology that goes into it.

I might create a free PDF some day.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016
A friend of mine hacked Tinder (legally). He gets 5-8 matches a week and they're stunners too. It's not as hard as you think it. There's a lot of psychology that goes into it.

I might create a free PDF some day.

GTFO here with that nonsense. Sounds like another PUA scam. I know this is a great supportive community but I have to call people out on this garbage.

There is no "hacking" when it comes to the sexual market place on Tinder. Anyone who disagrees is selling snake oil. Tinder is the "WORSE" dating platforms for average men and can be a confidence crusher. I would recommend guys NOT to use it unless you are 6' feet tall, White, 10% body fat, and someone who has a reliable social circle. The OK cupid study conducted proves this theory.

"Attraction is not a choice". You can't convince someone to be attracted to you. They either are physically attracted to you or they are not. Tinder is based SOLELY on looks. That is the RED PILL no matter what any online marketer will try to sell you.

This one of the reasons why I decided to put my dating E-Book on hold. Too much garbage out there from people chasing money instead of value.

Beware of people selling "events" when it comes to Dating advice.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.