The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is UNSCRIPTED another SCRIPT to follow?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I just finished reading Unscripted: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship.

As the book's description implies, UNSCRIPTED brings to awareness the SCRIPT that was written for you to follow in your life; from the government, the media, wall street, your (unknowing) slowlane friends and family, the education system, and society.

A life that you're living follows a script; written by anyone except for...you.

I followed that script until I read The Millionaire Fastlane in 2011 simply because I didn't know there was another option...

"Go to school, get a job, mortgage debt, blah blah blah, retire in your 80's and then die with no time to enjoy your life."

You know the drill..Slowlaner and Sidewalker stuff..settling for less.

While reading the pages of UNSCRIPTED , the everyday dreamer will wake up to a life and be able to break free from that illusion of a shitty reality, scripted by people who mean to do you ill-will at their personal benefit.

But hidden within the pages of unscripted , is MJ DeMarco simply writing another script for you to follow?

There were a few things I didn't agree with...

The UNSCRIPTED SCRIPT...

One of the main tenants I took away from the first half of the book is your ability to live a life of personal responsibility and choices. When you wake up from the SCRIPT, you no longer are just another slave living in the matrix, following the rules that will lead you marching yourself into the slaughterhouse...

Where you have now broken free from the SCRIPT of the way you've been conditioned to live your life a certain way. And taken advantage of...

In this UNSCRIPTED way of life you now live, you have a life full of choices...

Reading this book will provide you with a new sense of freedom that you have never felt before...

Now you can live a life where you could choose to live by whatever script you want:
  1. You can now choose to live a life that was scripted for you by society (scarcity, debt, obesity, loneliness, depression), instead of thinking it's the only way (illusion). Knowledge is power.
  2. Or you can choose to follow the SCRIPT hidden within UNSCRIPTED .
In the second half of the UNSCRIPTED , MJ writes another SCRIPT for you to follow.

But this time, instead of blindly following someone else's script...you now have freedom and choices.

MJ's script will almost certainly lead you to living a life where:
  1. You're at the top 1% of society.
  2. You have the freedom.
  3. You have the financial abundance.
  4. You have the financial freedom to do whatever you want; pay for that million dollar mansion in cash. Buy five exotic sports cars; in cash. And still have enough money left over to live five lifetimes.
That's where his script will lead you to.

***Disclaimer: as long as you put in the hard work, learn along the way, navigate through failure, obstacles, commit to it, do things others won't do, provide value, more obstacles, more obstacles, more value, more failure, rejection, more pain, more pain, insert some other entrepreneur catchphrase that implies hard work and dedication, don't give up, more pain, entrepreneur catchphrase...and then maybe one day you'll get there and have massive financial success...or you wont. Those of you who are already living this life know what I mean...and it's certainly possible for anyone reading this now.

Most people don't even try...

But his script isn't about where you go, its about how to get there. The guidance and mentorship from a man who built multiple million-dollar businesses teaching you how he, and others like him have done the same. One pretty amazing script to learn from..

One of the most valuable takeaways I personally learned from the book...building a brand identity.

Think of a person's identity. The band geek, the high school jock, the teenage druggie, the police officer, the academic professor. Each and every subculture of society is filled with people who have specific identities.

By creating your brand not as "a business/brand"...but by giving your business/brand an identity....you make it more like a specific type of person people want to hang out with. If your business was a person, what would he or she look like? Who would your market want to hang out with?

For example: GoPro. The cameras you stick to your helmet while you jump out of a helicopter on top of a mountain with nothing but a snowboard, you land on slopes, and navigate the rough terrain, and then you fall off a 500-foot cliff, pulling your parachute as the GoPro records the avalanche falling in the background.

This kind of stuff...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwbP9WLX3fY

Now for a moment, think of the type of person who would do that...think about their identity. The extreme sports adrenaline rush junkie...Now, when you look at GoPro as a PERSON...can you see this identity build into their brand?

GoPro's brand identity is like a person they would want to hang out with. Everything it represents is one of them.

So by shaping my brand as a "person", it can be a company that people relate to...like a friend.

That is one lesson I learned from the book, and if you're already in the fastlane...learning from MJ will teach you how to bring your business to the next level...

So anyone reading this now would like this *better* SCRIPT outlined in the second half of UNSCRIPTED .

So is unscripted really about being an entrepreneur specifically? The 99% vs the top 1%. Or simply providing you the freedom and choices to choose whatever script you choose to follow?
  1. The (social conditioning) SCRIPT? Blindly following the heard...
  2. The UNSCRIPTED SCRIPT (The Fastlane Life). The script I want to learn from!
  3. Or is the true meaning of UNSCRIPTED the ability to realize that where there is door #1 and door #2, there's also a door #3 and door number infinity?
In fact, there is an infinite amount of doors you can walk through, and when you read UNSCRIPTED , you'll be left with the freedom to choose whatever door you want to walk through.

Another example from my personal life:

The "Fastlane Script" (when I read it in 2011) led me to build a location-independant internet business which led me to my real goal - the freedom to spend 3 months backpacking through Europe in the Fall of 2016.

I had a 40L travel backpack, and used hostels and cafes for an internet connection to run my business from.

I met a German girl at the hostel I was staying with in Malaga, Spain. Her name was Megan.

Megan didn't spend 2011-2016 learning how to build a business. She doesn't earn an income from the internet. But she is living the SCRIPT of having the freedom to travel the world as well (not the SCRIPT referred to in the book,but her own script that she chooses to write...).

We parted ways and as I snapped her pictures of the windmills in the Netherlands and Swiss Alps views in Geneva, she was riding a motorcycle through the sunset-casted beaches of Morocco and shared her freedom and experiences as well.

Her (UN)SCRIPTED life wasn't entrepreneurship. Door #3.

She worked at the hostel for 2 weeks (living there for free and saving up some money)...and then spent a month traveling through Morocco. After that, she went to Barcelona and got a temp job at AirBnB. Now she's traveling again.

I used to think entrepreneurship was the only way to travel the world...

But after meeting her, I realized it wasn't. It's just simply the way I prefer...

The part of the book I didn't agree with...

(Paraphrasing) The corporations that fill junk "food" with addicting chemicals and sugar, leading the the obesity epidemic, diabetes, cancer, and early death. Before reading UNSCRIPTED , one might be a victim to the SCRIPTED life which is setting them up for an early death...but once the blinders are off, you are left with a choice...

The heroin needle is on the ground, but you're not longer blindly shoving it in your arm.

You'll be woken up to things you didn't even know existed before. Fastlane 3.0

Instead of blindly shoving those chemicals (sold legally in aisle 13 of the supermarket) into your body and setting yourself up for an early death...I don't feel that it's a bad thing for people to do that (the tone which I feel was implied in one part).

I don't feel that it's a bad thing to listen to those feel-good motivational videos on the internet, yet sit around and not accomplish anything with building a business. I don't feel it's a bad thing to live your life working in a 9-5 cubicle answering phones all day.

If that's the life you CHOOSE to live...

Once reading UNSCRIPTED , the automatic script that you've been blindly following your whole life turns everything you do into a choice...
  • Do you choose to eat chemicals and sugar instead of organic greens and fruit?
  • Do you choose to shove the heroin needle in your arm the first time, knowing where it will lead?
  • Do you choose to work a slowlane job for the rest of your life and experience freedom when you're 80?
  • Do you want to follow the SCRIPT?
  • Do you want to be an entrepreneur who owns a company like GoPro?
  • Do you want to be the snowboarder who rides down the mountain wearing a gopro?
  • Do you want to be like Megan who works at hostels and travels in between?
What is it that YOU want to do? I see a lot of people on here who don't want to do what it actually takes to build a business...and that's ok. They want to sit around and watch motivational videos and talk the talk...and that's their choice if they want to pretend and "play entrepreneur."

Nothing wrong with letting them do that. Nothing wrong with slowlane friends and family members living the slowlane...if they read UNSCRIPTED and continue to CHOOSE to do that.

Once you read this book, you are free, and everything you do in your life becomes your choice.

You can choose to live any type of life you want to live, and this book will wake you up and show you the way...

Through the brand identity lessons (outlined above), the Fastlane approach, and the model of entrepreneurship that delivers you exactly what you want (and need) to hear...UNSCRIPTED provides you the roadmap to live the Fastlane type of life that you've been dreaming of. Newcomers and experienced Fastlaners alike...there's always something to be learned, and by reading this book - You'll definitely get your money's worth.

Incase you haven't read it yet, here's the link: UNSCRIPTED: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship: MJ DeMarco: 9780984358168: Amazon.com: Books

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is MJ DeMarco simply writing another script for you to follow?

I don't call a blueprint for escape a script. Once escape is grasped, you're free to do whatever you want. There is no script to follow, and no scripted authority to listen too, other than abiding by the rules that govern a game you ain't playing.

Unscripted is doing whatever you want -- as it is defined in Chapter 1... not following a prepared Script.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I just finished reading Unscripted: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship.

As the book's description implies, UNSCRIPTED brings to awareness the SCRIPT that was written for you to follow in your life; from the government, the media, wall street, your (unknowing) slowlane friends and family, the education system, and society.

I followed that script until I read The Millionaire Fastlane in 2011 simply because I didn't know there was another option...

"Go to school, get a job, mortgage debt, blah blah blah, retire in your 80's and then die with no time to enjoy your life."

While reading the pages of UNSCRIPTED , the everyday dreamer will wake up to a life and be able to break free from that illusion of a shitty reality, scripted by people who mean to do you ill-will at their personal benefit.

But hidden within the pages of unscripted , is MJ DeMarco simply writing another script for you to follow?

The UNSCRIPTED SCRIPT...

One of the main tenants I took away from the first half of the book is your ability to live a life of personal responsibility and choices. When you wake up from the SCRIPT, you no longer are just another slave living in the matrix, following the rules that will lead you marching yourself into the slaughterhouse...

Where you have now broken free from the SCRIPT of the way you've been conditioned to live your life a certain way. And taken advantage of...

Reading this book will provide you with a new sense of freedom that you have never felt before...

Now you can live a life where you could choose to live by whatever script you want:
  1. You can now choose to live a life that was scripted for you by society (scarcity, debt, obesity, loneliness, depression), instead of thinking it's the only way (illusion). Knowledge is power.
In the second half of the UNSCRIPTED , MJ writes another SCRIPT for you to follow.

But this time, instead of blindly following someone else's script...you now have freedom and choices.

2. You have the freedom.
  4. You have the financial freedom to do whatever you want; pay for that million dollar mansion in cash. Buy five exotic sports cars; in cash. And still have enough money left over to live five lifetimes.

***Disclaimer: as long as you put in the hard work, learn along the way, navigate through failure, obstacles, commit to it, do things others won't do, provide value, more obstacles, more obstacles, more value, more failure, rejection, more pain, more pain, insert some other entrepreneur catchphrase that implies hard work and dedication, don't give up, more pain, entrepreneur catchphrase...and then maybe one day you'll get there and have massive financial success...or you wont. Those of you who are already living this life know what I mean...and it's certainly possible for anyone reading this now.

But his script isn't about where you go, its about how to get there. The guidance and mentorship from a man who built multiple million-dollar businesses teaching you how he, and others like him have done the same. One pretty amazing script to learn from..

One of the most valuable takeaways I personally learned from the book...building a brand identity.

Think of a person's identity. The band geek, the high school jock, the teenage druggie, the police officer, the academic professor. Each and every subculture of society is filled with people who have specific identities.

By creating your brand not as "a business/brand"...but by giving your business/brand an identity....you make it more like a specific type of person people want to hang out with. If your business was a person, what would he or she look like? Who would your market want to hang out with?

For example: GoPro. The cameras you stick to your helmet while you jump out of a helicopter on top of a mountain with nothing but a snowboard, you land on slopes, and navigate the rough terrain, and then you fall off a 500-foot cliff, pulling your parachute as the GoPro records the avalanche falling in the background.

This kind of stuff...

Now for a moment, think of the type of person who would do that...think about their identity. The extreme sports adrenaline rush junkie...Now, when you look at GoPro as a PERSON...can you see this identity build into their brand?

GoPro's brand identity is like a person they would want to hang out with. Everything it represents is one of them.

So by shaping my brand as a "person", it can be a company that people relate to...like a friend.

That is one lesson I learned from the book, and if you're already in the fastlane...learning from MJ will teach you how to bring your business to the next level...

So anyone reading this now would like this *better* SCRIPT outlined in the second half of UNSCRIPTED .

So is unscripted really about being an entrepreneur specifically? The 99% vs the top 1%. Or simply providing you the freedom and choices to choose whatever script you choose to follow?
  3. Or is the true meaning of UNSCRIPTED the ability to realize that where there is door #1 and door #2, there's also a door #3 and door number infinity?
In fact, there is an infinite amount of doors you can walk through, and when you read UNSCRIPTED , you'll be left with the freedom to choose whatever door you want to walk through.

The "Fastlane Script" (when I read it in 2011) led me to build a location-independant internet business which led me to my real goal - the freedom to spend 3 months backpacking through Europe in the Fall of 2016.

I had a 40L travel backpack, and used hostels and cafes for an internet connection to run my business from.

I met a German girl at the hostel I was staying with in Malaga, Spain. Her name was Megan.

Megan didn't spend 2011-2016 learning how to build a business. She doesn't earn an income from the internet. But she is living the SCRIPT of having the freedom to travel the world as well (not the SCRIPT referred to in the book,but her own script that she chooses to write...).

We parted ways and as I snapped her pictures of the windmills in the Netherlands and Swiss Alps views in Geneva, she was riding a motorcycle through the sunset-casted beaches of Morocco and shared her freedom and experiences as well.

She worked at the hostel for 2 weeks (living there for free and saving up some money)...and then spent a month traveling through Morocco. After that, she went to Barcelona and got a temp job at AirBnB. Now she's traveling again.

But after meeting her, I realized it wasn't. It's just simply the way I prefer...

(Paraphrasing) The corporations that fill junk "food" with addicting chemicals and sugar, leading the the obesity epidemic, diabetes, cancer, and early death. Before reading UNSCRIPTED , one might be a victim to the SCRIPTED life which is setting them up for an early death...but once the blinders are off, you are left with a choice...

The heroin needle is on the ground, but you're not longer blindly shoving it in your arm.

Instead of blindly shoving those chemicals (sold legally in aisle 13 of the supermarket) into your body and setting yourself up for an early death...I don't feel that it's a bad thing for people to do that (the tone which I feel was implied in one part).

I don't feel that it's a bad thing to listen to those feel-good motivational videos on the internet, yet sit around and not accomplish anything with building a business. I don't feel it's a bad thing to live your life working in a 9-5 cubicle answering phones all day.

Once reading UNSCRIPTED , the automatic script that you've been blindly following your whole life turns everything you do into a choice...
  • Do you choose to shove the heroin needle in your arm the first time, knowing where it will lead?
  • Do you choose to work a slowlane job for the rest of your life and experience freedom when you're 80?
  • Do you want to be the snowboarder who rides down the mountain wearing a gopro?
What is it that YOU want to do? I see a lot of people on here who don't want to do what it actually takes to build a business...and that's ok. They want to sit around and watch motivational videos and talk the talk...and that's their choice if they want to pretend and "play entrepreneur."

Nothing wrong with letting them do that. Nothing wrong with slowlane friends and family members living the slowlane...if they read UNSCRIPTED and continue to CHOOSE to do that.

Once you read this book, you are free, and everything you do in your life becomes your choice.

You can choose to live any type of life you want to live, and this book will wake you up and show you the way...

Through the brand identity lessons (outlined above), the Fastlane approach, and the model of entrepreneurship that delivers you exactly what you want (and need) to hear...UNSCRIPTED provides you the roadmap to live the Fastlane type of life that you've been dreaming of. Newcomers and experienced Fastlaners alike...there's always something to be learned, and by reading this book - You'll definitely get your money's worth.

Incase you haven't read it yet, here's the link: UNSCRIPTED: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship: MJ DeMarco: 9780984358168: Amazon.com: Books

Did we read the same book?

In fairness to your opinion I confess I only read the first several minutes of your post. I will read the rest of it when I have a bit more time.

You've developed a penchant for extremely verbose commentary.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I wont be able to read Unscripted until May 23, so I don't know what is in it. It is beginning to sound like a prequel to TMFL, a push to get people to stop following societal norms, and make their own path. If that is true, and it does not contain the TMFL methodolgy, then I guess it would end with "If you need help designing a path, consider my other book TMFL". I am hoping it expounds on TMFL, but I will wait and see.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
you can't really escape scripts in life

intelligence itself is a script : doing the right thing instead of doing the stupid thing

so being free to do what you want is an avatar of intelligence

wich means following a script anyway

the script of intelligence

i will explain with another way for religious people : the devil and God are forced to follow a script anyway

being the bad guy or the good guy.

they can't really exchange places in heaven or in hell because of " freedom to choose or act "

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
I wont be able to read Unscripted until May 23, so I don't know what is in it. It is beginning to sound like a prequel to TMFL, a push to get people to stop following societal norms, and make their own path. If that is true, and it does not contain the TMFL methodolgy, then I guess it would end with "If you need help designing a path, consider my other book TMFL". I am hoping it expounds on TMFL, but I will wait and see.

It's a combination of what you said. Change your mindset on how society has programmed people to live and follow a set of rules that don't exist, but it also contains deeper insight into TMFL and gives specific examples that elaborate on it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

The UNSCRIPTED SCRIPT...

2. You have the freedom.

This kind of stuff...

giphy.gif

Just kidding.

giphy.gif

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Err...I would say it is more of an upgraded version. You can read UNSCRIPTED without TMF .
Check out the first five chapters. It describes very thoroughly the unreasonable hell of the SCRIPTED, which is based on slavery to mediocrity. The SCRIPTED lifestyle ( going through societal norms of working like a slave to jobs and expectations) is way worse than merely the Fastlan-ish Sidealk and Slowlane because it reveals that THERE ARE NO MULTIPLE PATHS.

The paths of life is simplified to path A or path B. Triumph or defeat. Riches or poverty.Freedom or slavery. Mediocrity or excellence. SCRIPTED or UNSCRIPTED . MJ's the master in which he defines that most of our choices lead to either one result. Simplicity.

Furthermore, it will still discuss CENTS (to this day we are still debating here on whether businesses are Fastlane or not) and more action-orientated matters like wantrapreneural tendencies and other deeper entrepreneural concerns that TMF only lightly touched.

And on help desiging your own path in life, here's the official stance:
GOLD - Sorry, But the Forum Can't Make Your Life Decisions For You!!

@AndrewNC , in the beginning, everyone has to follow a SCRIPTED path. When we learned letters, we had to memorise and chunk a great deal of words. In maths, we had to struggle through set formulas. Young artists repeated the same brush strokes over and over again, and budding martial arts enthusiasts tried the same kick over and over again.

Upon mastery of the SCRIPTED basics, only then would we be able to appreciate the mechanics behind them and form our own original works, i.e UNSCRIPTED , which can be far varied from the SCRIPTED origins.

To a degree, SCRIPTED may not be bad, and may be necessary for early development. I think that when people think that being SCRIPTED is their life is when things get dangerous. When people stay in sad jobs, sad schools and sad lives, the value of their humanity just dies out because it is not put to full use as in an UNSCRIPTED endeavour. SCRIPTED should only stay as a small part of our lives i.e in school or the first jobs for experience, depending on our choices.

Besides, for the UNSCRIPTED framework to work, it must be replicable and valid. The framework should be able to be executable, relevant in various situations (i.e real estate, distribution, software, ecommerce). For both elements to come together, you need a scientific 'script' in which there are rules and aims. Otherwise mathematics wouldn't work to favour the Fastlane/UNSCRIPTED any better than winning the lottery with no set formulas or stategems! The UNSCRIPTED framework needs a certain amount of 'scripting' as it deals with tangible value and riches, not some mystical or spiritual energy!

IMO, remember that MJ said 'don't build a business, build a life.' Entrepreneurship is not ONLY about fighting against the rate race, earning millions, retiring young or providing valuein business. It is about HUMANITY. Humanity involves dignity, trust, hope, good will, grace, gratitude, love, kindness and courage.

If you are in a SCRIPTED world, you won't have control to manifest these best of humanities for the good of yourself and for others. Remember the various wars in the world which involved ordinary people like you and me. Fathers killed fathers, brothers killed brothers. All indoctrinated and forced into a SCRIPTED framework, although war is itself an atrocity that should have never existed.

See that crap business ripping people off? That stock company which disappeared with all the money, leaving thousands poor in the gutter? The victims failed to do due diligence due to being disabled by the SCRIPT! Their minds were clouded, their fears of not being provided with their needs, prevented them to look out for more options, unlike the UNSCRIPTED .

Remember the Bernie Madoff and similar events of corporate disasters. The resulting damage was very much magnified by the workforce in place. How were millions of investors cheated? They were affected by a corrupted Law of Effection mechanisms,i.e with human resources! And those human resources involved a SCRIPTED framework of indoctrination and slavery to do the bidding of the demonic master.

The SCRIPTED framework will allow for the worst of our society to reign because no one has the right mind to think of morals and sound judgement to fight it! When everyone is weakened by debts and mindset, there will be no one to speak up. To do good, or to disapprove of evil.

Whereas in UNSCRIPTED , we have the freedom to speak up for what we believe is right. And I believe that there are SET principles of right and wrong that should be defended. There are things we really shouldn't be doing, and there are better pursuits to attempt in life.

Sure, we have many choices in life. But they will either lead to good or bad, life or death. Sure, don't force it on others. But deep down, we know the harsh reality of the consequences....

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I wrote the book so its stands by itself and the reader doesn't need to be familiar with TMF .

IMO, Unscripted covers more, and also gives more instruction on how to get started and turn a corner into building something that not only pays you money, but pays you time and ultimately has the possibility of freeing your life. And by "freeing" your life I'm not talking about a huge income or a liquidation event, I'm talking about taking the helm of your life and NOT being reliant on a job, a government, or a needed 12% stock market return, otherwise you're working until 70.

IMO, I think UNSCRIPTED is more holistic and connects more dots. But make no mistake, TMF concepts are everywhere in the book.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I wrote the book so its stands by itself and the reader doesn't need to be familiar with TMF .

IMO, Unscripted covers more, and also gives more instruction on how to get started and turn a corner into building something that not only pays you money, but pays you time and ultimately has the possibility of freeing your life. And by "freeing" your life I'm not talking about a huge income or a liquidation event, I'm talking about taking the helm of your life and NOT being reliant on a job, a government, or a needed 12% stock market return, otherwise you're working until 70.

IMO, I think UNSCRIPTED is more holistic and connects more dots. But make no mistake, TMF concepts are everywhere in the book.

That sounds great, I look forward to reading it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
@AndrewNC like others have mentioned, I had a hard time reading this post. It was odd because usually your writing is pretty clear. I was beginning to think your title was click bait because the post was just not coherent in my opinion.

I read through the post and reread many parts of it and I still do not understand the meaning within your post.

What's the scripted within unscripted in a few sentences?

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
You know you've got an epic book coming when you get this kind of debate over a book without @MJ DeMarco having to say a word to get it started.

Can't add my opinion because I haven't read it yet, but what is intriguing is how different people seem to be talking the same book.. maybe a sign that we've all been following our own scripts too long which become so ingrained we don't even realise we still are when trying to go off script.

This also could be awful amateur psychoanalysis ;)

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Sorry for the paraphrase, but for everyone skipping Andrew's post, here's my cliff notes :)

... you can choose to follow the SCRIPT hidden within UNSCRIPTED .
instead of blindly following someone else's script...you now have freedom and choices.
Nothing wrong with slowlane friends and family members living the slowlane...if they read UNSCRIPTED and continue to CHOOSE to do that.

I'm only maybe 1/3 through the book at the moment, so maybe it's discussed, but I don't think the problem is that there are scripts, it's that we don't realize that they're there (or at least, we don't realize the extent to which everything around us is programmed by them). Scripts are GREAT actually. They're like memetic tools, and they literally make life as we know it possible. You don't need to invent a hammer and nail if you want to build something. Same difference. You just need to use the right tool for the job.

The problem is that life hands us a hammer and most of us never realize that there's a whole box of tools in the closet, so we go through life hammering harder and harder until we eventually get depressed and give up because it's just too much work to fell a tree with a hammer*. I think that's one big reason that lots of pretty smart people never really accomplish anything. They take one look at the tree and the hammer and say F*ck this.

(*Note that if you're determined enough, you actually can hammer down a tree, and I think this is where the fastlane skeptics are stuck. They need to realize that just because something is possible doesn't necessarily make it the best use of your time.)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
@AndrewNC like others have mentioned, I had a hard time reading this post. It was odd because usually your writing is pretty clear. I was beginning to think your title was click bait because the post was just not coherent in my opinion.

I read through the post and reread many parts of it and I still do not understand the meaning within your post.

What's the scripted within unscripted in a few sentences?
Briefly, and generally: The Fastlane approach is an alternative "script" to the scripted life of (social conditioning, stocks, mediocrity, etc.).

Another path to walk down written by someone who obviously has business success.

And with this knowledge, people now have a choice to walk down the path of the scripted life, the fastlane business "script", the affiliate marketing business "script", etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.