The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this YT channel legit?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I found this YT channel "Reventure" where the guy has some simple formulas for determining which housing markets are likely to drop when interest rates start going up, and which ones probably will be fine. It makes sense to me, but I don't know much about real estate. He also has charts showing where it is better to rent a home than purchase one. His red and blue colored maps seem to match up with what I have found by scouring through house listings. Red means its better to rent and/or wait to purchase, blue means it is better to own or purchase now. Here is an example vieo:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8vAzX730a8

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I don’t think that his rent vs buy price is the only factor in predicting which cities are in a bubble. Seems too simple to me.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So I just watched another one of his videos and I’m beginning to think his channel is full of crap, here’s why.

He has a video called “Homebuilders are about to crash these 10 cities”. And one of the cities he talks about in Salt Lake City in which he says that the number of building permits pulled is up by 300%.

He says that Salt Lake City has inventory of about 600 houses right now and that they issued 2100 permits in 2021. Based on this he says that there will be 300% more inventory coming onto the market in Salt Lake City in 2022.

If you look up the population of Salt Lake City you will see that it is growing by about 13,000 people per year. So he’s saying that these 2100 houses will flood the market without even considering population growth in the cities.

This alone makes me think that this channel is just pulling data without looking at the overall big picture of each market.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.