The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this guy a slowlaner or a fastlaner?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Vivielle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2023
Italy
Hi everybody! I’m a new member here and I wanted to have your advise about this “influencer”.
There is a guy in my country who has a very followed instagram account. His main topic is about finance, money and jobs, but he focuses so much on frugality and minimalism.
In particular all he says is something like : “don’t eat at the restaurant, you are going to save your money if you eat at home”, or “live in frugality, you don’t need all these clothes and all these objects in your life. start selling out all the possessions you have!” or again “I live under my possibilities, I work four/three hours a day as a freelance and do whathever I want because I have no boss and no house, bills, family, etc.. so stop wasting money in useless things”.
But the thing is, he is selling HIS COURSES about this way of living ( frugal, limited and minimalist ) and so many people are actually buying them! Is this guy on the fastlane but using slowlane in his favor?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's an age old scheme, sell the Slowlane, get rich in the Fastlane. The guy is selling what I call, "survival finance" which involves mediocrity, minimalism, and living like a broke-coed.

And people who sell it might as well be World Economic Forum shills.

screenshot-www.themillionairefastlane.com-2023.01.28-11_03_13.png

You are being duped.
Survival finance.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi everybody! I’m Im a new member here and I wanted to have your advise about this “influencer”.
There is a guy in my country who has a very followed instagram account. His main topic is about finance, money and jobs, but he focuses so much on frugality and minimalism.
In particular all he says is something like : “don’t eat at the restaurant, you are going to save your money if you eat at home”, or “live in frugality, you don’t need all these clothes and all these objects in your life. start selling out all these possessions you have!” or again “I live under my possibilities, I work four/three hours a day as a freelance and do whathever I want because I have no boss and no house, bills, family, etc.. so stop wasting money in useless things”.
But the thing is, he is selling HIS COURSES about this way of living ( frugal, limited and minimalist ) and so many people are actually buying them! Is this guy on the fastlane but using slowlane in his favor?
Living in fastlane but selling slowlane advice.

I believe in efficient spending but not frugal spending.

Selling out possessions is not worth the time spending.

I cut my delphi digital crypto subscription since bear market i shifted to focus on btc and eth only, and $100 per month research for a single subscription is quite pricy, which I still have bloomberg articles full access and seeking alpha premium with me.

I also cut my gym membership since I shifted to walking as exercise, to replace driving/taxi and taking public transport more which involves more walking. It leads to money saving at two areas.

Studying tax and tax saving is also important.

If you treat your own spending like a business it is pretty much like focusing on effectiveness with cost control mindset. Not all spending serves no purpose.

Even in a restaurant there are ripped off dish and value for money good food.

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
Classic FIRE advice.

Work less, produce less, buy less, do less, be less.

A wonderful way to go about wasting living the only life you will ever have.

Check out this article by MJ:

Vivielle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2023
Italy
Work less, produce less, buy less, do less, be less.
Yes this is exactly what he said at the beginning of January! He posted some photos of him living his wonderful life all around the world writing down that all he achieved is because he followed his own advice "spend less, do sufficient work and live in frugality". And criticized all the people who work and do sacrifices for bigger plans because "sacrifices is overrated and toxic". And that's what I do not like the most about him! Since his target are people in their 20s and 30s, his advice is to live life when you're young and get the most of the entertainment just now. While going to university. Skills, work and anything else is just "toxic".
It's an age old scheme, sell the Slowlane, get rich in the Fastlane.
At the same time, he's supposing that all his "exotic travels" and entertainment are fruit of his part-time freelance job. Just because he can do "less in little time at the best outcome". And many people following him started leaving their own jobs because he's selling them a course on "how to do the freelance job I do".

Last edited:

Nick Catricala

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 24, 2017
Canada
Hi everybody! I’m a new member here and I wanted to have your advise about this “influencer”.
In particular all he says is something like : “don’t eat at the restaurant, you are going to save your money if you eat at home”, or “live in frugality, you don’t need all these clothes and all these objects in your life. start selling out all the possessions you have!” or again “I live under my possibilities, I work four/three hours a day as a freelance and do whathever I want because I have no boss and no house, bills, family, etc.. so stop wasting money in useless things”.
Vivielle, I spent thousands (hundreds of thousands) of dollars in the past, buying courses and listening to others about what I should do.. I got some benefits and used them throughout my life, but if I would have to go back... I would not buy all the courses since 90% of them I did not do anything with it... sooo If what this person talks about resonates with you, act on it, and experience it in your own way, if not.. let it go and in regard to him selling courses.. well, welcome to a different type of marketing.. soo if that does not resonate with you move on. Keep in touch with this forum, many members will show and teach you and guide you for free, in much better places than anyone out there selling their courses.

Vivielle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2023
Italy
Vivielle, I spent thousands (hundreds of thousands) of dollars in the past, buying courses and listening to others about what I should do.. I got some benefits and used them throughout my life, but if I would have to go back... I would not buy all the courses since 90% of them I did not do anything with it... sooo If what this person talks about resonates with you, act on it, and experience it in your own way, if not.. let it go and in regard to him selling courses.. well, welcome to a different type of marketing.. soo if that does not resonate with you move on. Keep in touch with this forum, many members will show and teach you and guide you for free, in much better places than anyone out there selling their courses.
Thank you so much, it's a so nice advise. Sometimes I feel like there is something "wrong or right" to do but the reality is that there isn't. And this occurs in everyday life; above all, older people expect from me exactly what they tell me to do, forgetting that it has to resonate with me

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.