I work with electronics and a week ago, my solder-sucker broke. If you don't know, that's just a little hand-held desoldering tool.
I knew over half of the radio shacks had closed, but DANG! I can't find a solder-sucker anywhere, even at the one Radio Shack left open.
I had to run all over town trying to find one to borrow because I'm on a tight prototyping schedule, and every hour I'm without that tool means I'm losing money!
I wish there were a reliable electronics store to serve all the hobbyists and "makers" in my town. Do you know of any relevant franchises?
There are also a lot of amplifier and music equipment repair places in town that can't run out to radio shack for a part for a quick repair either. I really think there's an opportunity here for the right company to step in and fill this needs gap.
In my opinion, Radio Shack made a TON of mistakes. Why did they keep buying cheap Chinese radio-controlled cars and try to do cell phone plans when they could have been THE name for 3D Printers, multi-rotor drones, Arduino and accessories, resources for self-identified "makers," etc.
I knew over half of the radio shacks had closed, but DANG! I can't find a solder-sucker anywhere, even at the one Radio Shack left open.
I had to run all over town trying to find one to borrow because I'm on a tight prototyping schedule, and every hour I'm without that tool means I'm losing money!
I wish there were a reliable electronics store to serve all the hobbyists and "makers" in my town. Do you know of any relevant franchises?
There are also a lot of amplifier and music equipment repair places in town that can't run out to radio shack for a part for a quick repair either. I really think there's an opportunity here for the right company to step in and fill this needs gap.
In my opinion, Radio Shack made a TON of mistakes. Why did they keep buying cheap Chinese radio-controlled cars and try to do cell phone plans when they could have been THE name for 3D Printers, multi-rotor drones, Arduino and accessories, resources for self-identified "makers," etc.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
