I have one particular experience that keeps supporting me in the moments of doubt, so I thought I'd share it.
Back in 2008, I decided to try myself in iPhone development and created an app for a hobby market. The app became somewhat successful, I mean, a few people were buying it every day. I never promoted it, except for creating a page for it on my website. What's interesting is that since then people just keep buying it, every day, a few copies, hardly ever more than 10 copies. It's a tiny niche, so no surprise that the app isn't more popular.
What is interesting is that the same thing goes on for close to nine years already: every day, a few people buy the app. I would think: if the niche is small, everyone interested in this stuff would have already had a chance to get the app. But it seems to be an endless process. A tiny money plant that grows $10 bills.
So I now think: if a project flops, then perhaps I tried to plant my money plant somewhere where there was no fertile soil of public demand. If there is a demand, no matter how small, the plant will just keep growing, year after year. The market is endless, I just need to find a way to plug into it.
Back in 2008, I decided to try myself in iPhone development and created an app for a hobby market. The app became somewhat successful, I mean, a few people were buying it every day. I never promoted it, except for creating a page for it on my website. What's interesting is that since then people just keep buying it, every day, a few copies, hardly ever more than 10 copies. It's a tiny niche, so no surprise that the app isn't more popular.
What is interesting is that the same thing goes on for close to nine years already: every day, a few people buy the app. I would think: if the niche is small, everyone interested in this stuff would have already had a chance to get the app. But it seems to be an endless process. A tiny money plant that grows $10 bills.
So I now think: if a project flops, then perhaps I tried to plant my money plant somewhere where there was no fertile soil of public demand. If there is a demand, no matter how small, the plant will just keep growing, year after year. The market is endless, I just need to find a way to plug into it.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
